Birchbox July 2016 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the Marcelle eye makeup remover, so I chose the mascara. Also I have samples of the other two, and I really don't like They're Real! (I'm in a minority, I know, but I've tried using it a few times and found it clumpy and it made my eyes slightly irritated. I tried a few different tubes too, so I know it wasn't just a bum tube. I think my eyes are getting more sensitive as I get older - is that a thing that happens?)

Is any one else getting a billing error occurred error message??  The only reason I ask is because it will not let me edit the billing information.

Holy hamrolls, my July box link is already loaded!!!

I'm getting:

Shiseido ULTIMUNE EYE Power Infusing Eye Concentrate

Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate

Marcelle Xtension Plus Curl Mascara

Dr. Jart+ Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer

Davines This Is a Sea Salt Spray

COOLA® SPF 50 Sport - Mango

(in light of the 5 review lifetime cap going into effect this month, it seems kind of a dick move for Birchbox to make this month's box a 6 item one...)

In spite of the points change, this is actually a pretty good box for me. I'm sure one of the Shiseido products is a foil, but that's ok, it's a high-end brand and one I like. The Marcelle was my sample choice. I'm super excited for the Dr.Jart; I've been hoping Sephora would release the water drop as a deluxe sample promo or points reward or something, so getting it in my BB is even better. The Davines I already got in this summer's LE box, but it's a product I like. The Coola is the only product I really don't care about - thanks to Birchbox I have the entire skittles rainbow of Coola scents.

Holy hamrolls, my July box link is already loaded!!!

I'm getting:

Shiseido ULTIMUNE EYE Power Infusing Eye Concentrate

Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate

Marcelle Xtension Plus Curl Mascara

Dr. Jart+ Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer

Davines This Is a Sea Salt Spray

COOLA® SPF 50 Sport - Mango

(in light of the 5 review lifetime cap going into effect this month, it seems kind of a dick move for Birchbox to make this month's box a 6 item one...)

In spite of the points change, this is actually a pretty good box for me. I'm sure one of the Shiseido products is a foil, but that's ok, it's a high-end brand and one I like. The Marcelle was my sample choice. I'm super excited for the Dr.Jart; I've been hoping Sephora would release the water drop as a deluxe sample promo or points reward or something, so getting it in my BB is even better. The Davines I already got in this summer's LE box, but it's a product I like. The Coola is the only product I really don't care about - thanks to Birchbox I have the entire skittles rainbow of Coola scents.
I've got both those Shiseido products before from Birchbox and they were NOT foils!

Here's my box:

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 3.21.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-01 at 3.21.54 PM.png

lol of COURSE it's 7 items

Of course there is perfume... AND shampoo and....conditioner (at least I got a matching set this time) and of course I got Supergoop cause it's not a birchbox without some sort of SPF from Coola or SuperGoop.

All in all I don't mind perfumes, but I have a feeling they'll show up a lot. The mask is good for me. I've tried the supergoop cc cream in one of my past Birchboxes on another account. I'm very tired of shampoo and conditioner in my Birchboxes, this is the fifth month in a row I've received shampoo/conditioner.

I'm happy about the Balance Me mask and the Dr. Jart+ water drop. I don't have overly dry skin but I like the brand.

With the point change happening on the 11th and reviews can be done starting on the 10th, does anyone else think that we might be able to get points for reviewing this month's box on the 10th?

And then do our last 5 reviews next month.  I know I'm gonna try it.

Excited about my seven item box! Wish I would've gotten the dr. jart water drop moisturizer. 

Also, I am typically able to review my boxes before the 10th of the month, so I would say to review your samples before you get your box so that august can be your last month!

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 2.46.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 2.46.49 PM.png

With the point change happening on the 11th and reviews can be done starting on the 10th, does anyone else think that we might be able to get points for reviewing this month's box on the 10th?

And then do our last 5 reviews next month.  I know I'm gonna try it.
I hope so!

My box is kind of underwhelming and only 5 items. I'm excited to try the smashbox mascara and kind of interested in the micellar water. Hopefully it changes. Very meh.

BB.png

Nice boxes with ORIBE! I absolutely love the line. I just got my order. I had to reorder the conditioner. I try and split the shampoo and conditioner orders in two so it's not so much at once. Somehow makes me feel better. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

And then do our last 5 reviews next month. I know I'm gonna try it.
This occurred to me too. It's possible, and I know I'll be checking my box link everyday between now and the 10th to see if the reviews are open. Right now, the review button is present for each item on my box page, but when I click it it takes me to the "regular" review page, the one with just a space to type a review and a title, NOT the one with all the questions (i.e., "Have you used products from this brand before?"). From previous experience I know we do not earn points from filling out the regular review page (unless everything is changing now, which I suppose is possible).

Honestly disappointed in both my boxes this month. Only 5 item box and I got the micellar water in both boxes only 2 months ago!!! I guess they can give us dupes now that there is no points? Or I can only do 4 reviews before cancelling? This is the month to month that I am def cancelling! This month was to show they were improving but I dislike them both but will keep the yearly I have until it runs out. Also I see someone is getting a raw spirit perfume! I love those and I have some other one :/ disappointed

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Back