Birchbox July 2016 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too added the tote after July I will use my points and switch to Play since I just got off the wait list. The points were the only thing that kept me subbed really. I was so unexcited when my boxes arrived so for me maybe this was for the best.

I just added the tote because I couldn't resist. I think it will be handy for running summer errands instead of lugging my purse aka luggage like someone called it here once. I really need to figure out what weighs so much in my purse. The radio is cute too but I'm holding off. I wanted to add the Bumble and Bumble hair balm for air drying but it's a bit pricey. I would rather try a sample first to see how it is. I like to let my hair air dry more in the summer but it makes the hair so much harder to style after. I let my hair air dry yesterday and today I used the Oui wave spray (from box of style) in it and it was so much better.
Their beach hair kit is EXCELLENT- the sizes that came with it are large to try different brands. It came with 3 different items including Don't Blow It- for air drying cream. It was a good deal.

Sephora also has (had?) a great kit that included a smaller version of the Bumble- but tons of other air drying products as well. I think it might be sold out online though.

Can you tell I am a hair product junkie? Lol I have boxes of hair stuff but can't help myself with these kits/new products...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info @@sakura33! I'll check it out. One more thing to add to my cart lol. I had started to build a cart because I ran out of Kerastase shampoo I use alternating with other shampoos.

Meh. Not loving the featured box enough to get it. Is that Milk item the same one that came out in a recent Play Sephora box?

I love mascara but I get so many of those Benefit tubes. Seriously who hasn't tried it by now? I would maybe be interested if they offered it in brown. I could really use a brown mascara right now. Black just doesn't look natural on me. I have to be wearing a full face to pull it off. Lets face it I'm not going to be doing that much in ninety degree weather. 
Fellow redhead : A MILLION TIMES THIS

OK-- I am glad there is an additional mascara option than what we saw. I will get Smashbox and the curated box on my 2nd account to get those last 50 points before closing it. I received that Elizabeth Mott mascara maybe a year ago and it was actually pretty good for a brand I didn't recognize.

Ok, so I am finally out of BB, no more subscription.  Finally got them to cancel and refund me.  I still have $25.00 to spend, I better spend it before they take it away from me!  But on a different note, the curated box has some very nice items in it!

The sample choice date is June 29th and 28th for early access. Just wanted to put it out there for people who don't want to watch the video (myself included). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Last edited by a moderator:
Sample Choice Options:
Marcelle Xtension Plus Curl Mascara
Benefit They're Real! Lengthening Mascara
Smashbox Cosmetics X-Rated Mascara

Inside the "Rise and Shine" Featured Box:
Dr. Brandt Poredermabrasion
Klorane Smoothing & Relaxing Patches with Cornflower
Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream
MILK Sunshine Oil
Elizabeth Mott Mascara

Definitely going with the smashbox x-rated for this month, I'm going to stay subscribed just to see what other changes are going to be made. 

Sample choice is open. What are you picking? I picked the curated box, but am so close to canceling my subscription. I don't like any of the samples too much.

I picked Benefit because it's my favorite.  I am hoping they have Bobbi Brown samples of some kind since that's new to the shop.  

I picked the Marcelle mascara. Mostly because it's a brand exclusive to Birchbox and I've already tried 3 of the samples in the featured box. I think I can trade for the MILK which is the only sample I'd actually like to try from the featured box. I'm a little over getting shampoo and conditioner in my Birchboxes, tbh.

I'm going to be kinda grumps if my sample choice box ends up with more products that are the same (but not really in the Birchbox world)...like different scented coola sunscreen and such...

Back