Birchbox June 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love how British Birchbox samples come in a neat pouch inside the box and French Birchbox includes a nice makeup bag, but in general they have bigger samples than ours. Apparently deluxe means really deluxe in Europe. 
The UK Birchbox costs £10 + £2.95 P&P. At today's exchange rate, that is a total of $20.50 USD with the P&P included.  :blink:

The French Birchbox costs 13. At today's exchange rate, that is a total of $14.75 USD. The Spanish Birchbox costs 9,95. At today's exchange rate, that is $11.29 USD.

I suspect that the better samples and extra items (like bags) are related to the higher cost of the boxes in USD. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I really liked the Beaver shampoo. I just wish it had a better name and didn't have to appear in every single box.  

I whined about my box being late, so they are sending me another one. I didn't really want a second box. I just wanted to know what "delivery exception" meant on the newgistics website. It made it sound like the microwater exploded or the barcode with my address got ripped off and they were returning everything back to the sender. 

The UK Birchbox costs £10 + £2.95 P&P. At today's exchange rate, that is a total of $20.50 USD with the P&P included.  :blink:

The French Birchbox costs 13. At today's exchange rate, that is a total of $14.75 USD. The Spanish Birchbox costs 9,95. At today's exchange rate, that is $11.29 USD.

I suspect that the better samples and extra items (like bags) are related to the higher cost of the boxes in USD. 
Everything is more expensive in UK, so the higher price is understandable.

I would totally pay the French and Spanish rates to get better boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just imagine this happening shortly after our boxes were picked up.  Explains all. 

truck-stuck-under-bridge.jpg

This is all giving me ideas for future limited edition boxes.

The Missing In Action Box- contains pick your sample selections that disappeared in previous months. Remember that Mally lipstick you reserved back in October but never got or that Eyeko liner we promised? Well, here it is. 

The FOMO box- Think that ladies in Europe get better stuff than American subscribers? Well, you were right. Did you know Jelly Pong Pong makes makeup items besides glittery highlighter? Or that Paul and Joe have a cosmetics line? Nope. Because we normally only ship those things to gals overseas. 

Actually I really liked the Beaver shampoo. I just wish it had a better name and didn't have to appear in every single box.  

I whined about my box being late, so they are sending me another one. I didn't really want a second box. I just wanted to know what "delivery exception" meant on the newgistics website. It made it sound like the microwater exploded or the barcode with my address got ripped off and they were returning everything back to the sender. 

Sigh... another day another no sign of my box or even a hint that tracking has picked it up and it's on the way to me either, my box will forever live in New Jersey. What exit are they, anyway?

No response to my French email either, I know you guys are SHOCKED! I mean the French zendesk should have been on that, I'm an ACE after all. Ship me a French box already!

So I did it the "right" way and logged on to my account, emailed them through the contact us page and sent them a screen shot of my french email response.  I more or less said I was super bummed because I'm traveling next week and I'd love to have my samples to take with me.  I tried to not let my "Ms. Grumpy -Pants-McGee" shine through too much.

I got the immediate "we're reviewing your email" and "you float to the top ACE emails" so I hope to hear something back today. I'm sure it'll be another box. Seems apropos to say "Le Sigh" here...

I'll be truly bummed if I don't get a box with the microwater since that was my PYS, but of course I'll have to wait for that to arrive too so it's all a big crap shoot at this point. 

Guys!!! My box is out for delivery!   :wizard:   :w00t:   :rotfl:

Birchbox also responded to my email too....except they just told me how to track my box....  :unsure2:   :huh:   :wassatt:

Srsly?

Guys!!! My box is out for delivery!   :wizard:   :w00t:   :rotfl:

Birchbox also responded to my email too....except they just told me how to track my box....  :unsure2:   :huh:   :wassatt:

Srsly?
 I got my box yesterday. I wonder if I  tell them I got my box and maybe they can stop the replacement.

I got my box yesterday. I wonder if I  tell them I got my box and maybe they can stop the replacement.
They'll probably tell you to keep it and give it to a friend.

That's what they've told me in the past.

They'll probably tell you to keep it and give it to a friend.

That's what they've told me in the past.
They didn't suggest giving it away. Jaime said she couldn't stop it so enjoy an extra box on them. I guess they know I don't have any friends. I thought of giving it to one of my co-workers, but these are the same people who yammer on for half an hour about their kids or pets, but shut me down if I blurt a single sentence about my life. I'm sure they would just poke through it and announce there was nothing in it that interested them.  <_<

@ Do you know what's in the new box yet?
I would assume it's the same stuff that is in the original box.  Maybe it will be a totally random box based on whatever is just floating around. I don't mind a dupe of mango shampoo but I don't need another tiny headband. 

I didn't mind the headband, it fits me fine but I have a small head. I always seem to look good in hats, I think it's because my head is smaller.

Anyway, glad to have my box, I like the blush from the upgrade but don't really care for the mascara. I wish it was in the adventure box so I could have all three boxes, I only got the say yes and the state of mind boxes.

They didn't suggest giving it away. Jaime said she couldn't stop it so enjoy an extra box on them. I guess they know I don't have any friends. I thought of giving it to one of my co-workers, but these are the same people who yammer on for half an hour about their kids or pets, but shut me down if I blurt a single sentence about my life. I'm sure they would just poke through it and announce there was nothing in it that interested them.  <_<
We're all friends here, you can give it to me ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

My coworkers also don't understand my sub addiction either. And I'd totally be kicked out of my couponing groups for spending money on sub boxes. So not frugal. 

We're all friends here, you can give it to me ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My coworkers also don't understand my sub addiction either. And I'd totally be kicked out of my couponing groups for spending money on sub boxes. So not frugal. 
I feel like being a Birchbox subscriber I save tons of money. Thanks to cancel and resubbing with codes, a percentage off code and review points I got a full size jar of glam glow for $20 oop. 

I finally got my June replacement box today and I am happy it was a match for what they were already sending.  it was one of the best boxes I have received since I subscribed.  Really happy with every product (except the shampoo conditioner - I have so much already).  Just wish I had received it the normal time. 

Back