Birchbox June 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oo, Birchbox made me so angry this month.  

I cancelled before they billed me, and they billed me anyways.  I didn't notice the charge until the 10th or so of the month.  I emailed them to get them to refund me since #1 - I didn't want a box this month.  I'm overloaded on samples and last month they sent me TWO moisturizers in the same box (boring, much?).  and #2 - it was the 10th, and I didn't even have a shipping notification.  

The girl first told me, "Too bad, so sad" in a nice way.  I waited until Monday the 15th, still no shipping info or anything, no box information on my BB page... emailed back like, "OK, well I didn't want a box.  I cancelled before you guys charged me and got the cancellation email.  I guess I'll just dispute the charge with my credit card company, because I have no more room for samples right now."  

Finally she agreed to refund my card.  Whyyyy the headache about it?

She also told me to write "return to sender" on the box that i'm "going to receive" that still hasn't even shipped out yet.  I know I'm not going to get a box this month, so I hope they don't notate my account as having, like, stolen a box or something because I swear I'm not going to get one.   

Thank you! So I looked up the color Venezia on the Stila website and it's described as a "bright red". I really wanted a legit coral (like Carina), but it's still not as red as Beso so I'll take it.
Kinda makes me wonder if they swatched or tried on Venezia before the video to make sure it's the color it looks in the tube.  I have Beso and I don't want Bella, so I'll be choosing Venezia, too.  I hope it is coral and not red.  

Kinda makes me wonder if they swatched or tried on Venezia before the video to make sure it's the color it looks in the tube.  I have Beso and I don't want Bella, so I'll be choosing Venezia, too.  I hope it is coral and not red.  
I saw some swatches on Google images and Venezia seems like a reddish coral, still too bright for my taste but much better than other two options.

So I complained about my box not having a clicky truck early in the week... the clicky truck showed up late Monday afternoon. I got an email on Wednesday saying it had shipped and it STILL is stuck in Mt.Juliet/hasn't moved at all. Shows an expected delivery date of 16-17 which is a solid 7 days later than I generally get mine.

Also, when I check the narvar site, it pops this up now (see attached - it didn't show up yesterday) so I feel like something really funky is going on.
What is the narvar site?

@@sweetietaa

Thanks! I'll have to check out that brand of eyeliner. Do they also have them at CVS? And oh yes, I do think some chocolate is in order, lol ☺...actually, I think Birchbox should've included chocolate in each box this month as consolation for all the follies...
no, go to Walgreens to find Jordanna brand.

My bag:

Marcelle mini waterproof eyeliner travel kit - blue lagoon...not for me
Dr Jart+ Dermaclear mircowater - use as eye makeup remover
Supergoop Everyday SPF 50 with cellular response - can always use in my travel bag
Pure Veda lace headband set, set of 8 in camo - will give to niece as I can't use
Coastel Scents Revealed 3 palette mini - I like 3 of the 4 colors
Klorane shampoo with mango butter - TINY
Klorane conditoning balm with mango butter - Foil packet

It's an Ok bag, nothing exciting but I really like the Dr Jart, and I'll use the eye shadow too. 

I had to laugh at my "prize" of 10% of $50, no thanks. I may cancel Birchbox for awhile, just have so many samples that I need to use, so need a break. 

I got two boxes this month and I was a little bummed that they both were the same blue say yes box and both had the blue lagoon marcelle eyeliner, but I think June was one of my best birchboxes I have had in a long time. I got a brown L. erickson pony tail holder and I really love it! I also like the smell of the mango coola sun screen so it was good that I ended up with two of them. 

I didn't get a coupon code :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Oh well - I wrote to BB about that.

the headband is too small for my BIG head. This looks toddler-sized!! I received the indigo eyeliner, but I have blue eyeliners already, so this will be swapped/gifted along with the bb cream

I do like the scent of my shampoos and my eye gels.

I also purchased the add on of the watch in black. someone here said that they read a review about the hands on the this watch - and it was really hard to read - well, it is hard to read! haha

but it is a NICE watch - love the look and so long I am in decent lighting, I can make out the shade difference. They should have done rose gold hands, however to stand out in the smokey black background....

Did anyone hear of anyone getting an actual prize from the say yes page? I'm thinking it was all lame % off codes and just the grand prize (1000 points in the shop). 

My box arrived in Omaha (where I live) three days ago. Over the last three days it took a three hour detour to the west to a town called Grand Island for an unknown reason. Allegedly it has decided to return home to Omaha today and is out for delivery. I sent BB CS an email asking why it would have left Onaha only to return three days later and her response didn't even acknowledge my question. She just said sorry you're having trouble tracking you box, here's your tracking link. I love BB CS and normally they are so helpful, but sometimes it bugs me when it doesn't even feel like they read the email.

Normally I'm really patient but I bought my mom one of the watches as a gift and have been getting impatient.

(Rant over).

the headband is too small for my BIG head. This looks toddler-sized!! I received the indigo eyeliner, but I have blue eyeliners already, so this will be swapped/gifted along with the bb cream
Of all the choices for the head band, which might I add I was actually excited for since the image showed browns and camos as the choices, I ended up with a peach one that honestly looks like someone chopped the bra-strap off a tweenager's training bra and tied it into a loop. (elastic with that loop 'lace' along one edge) <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
My box arrived in Omaha (where I live) three days ago. Over the last three days it took a three hour detour to the west to a town called Grand Island for an unknown reason. Allegedly it has decided to return home to Omaha today and is out for delivery. I sent BB CS an email asking why it would have left Onaha only to return three days later and her response didn't even acknowledge my question. She just said sorry you're having trouble tracking you box, here's your tracking link. I love BB CS and normally they are so helpful, but sometimes it bugs me when it doesn't even feel like they read the email.

Normally I'm really patient but I bought my mom one of the watches as a gift and have been getting impatient.

(Rant over).
They usually do this when they do not have an answer to the asked question. I think CS people in general  (for all companies) are not supposed to say "I don't know".

The shipping mess up is the fault of the shipment company they are using: Newgistics.

Did you try contacting them instead? They might have a better explanation.

I heard that they are doing routing based on cost minimization, not time minimization.

I really dislike Newgistics, too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

My box came on the 16th, but here's what I got..

Emi Jay - Hair Tie in a brownish bronze shade
Beauty Protector - Protect & Detangle spray
Marcelle - Waterproof Eyeliner in Electric Blue
Skyn Iceland - Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels
Coola - Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer For Face
Marcelle - BB Cream Golden Glow

Nordstrom uses Newgistics and I always get my orders really quickly. My last makeup order was placed on Monday night with the normal free shipping, and I received it yesterday. Maybe Birchbox just uses a cheaper crappier delivery service of theirs?

Nordstrom uses Newgistics and I always get my orders really quickly. My last makeup order was placed on Monday night with the normal free shipping, and I received it yesterday. Maybe Birchbox just uses a cheaper crappier delivery service of theirs?
Where does Nordstrom ship from? I think the origin location also has a part. But probably you are right, Birchbox must be using the lowest tier service Newgistics offers. :/

Of all the choices for the head band, which might I add I was actually excited for since the image showed browns and camos as the choices, I ended up with a peach one that honestly looks like someone chopped the bra-strap off a tweenager's training bra and tied it into a loop. (elastic with that loop 'lace' along one edge) <_<
OMG I shouldn't laugh but that description is so funny!  Maybe I need to do that just to get one that fits my HEAD!!  hahahahahaha

It's TOTALLY a tween bra strap, you're right.  I got the one in baby blue and am going to foist it off on my 5-year-old niece.  She'll probably think it sucks, too.  Between that and the 10% off "prize," I'm glad I only dropped a buck on this box.  At least my pencil was the Mulberry one, which is what I was hoping for.  Gonna cancel for a couple months and maybe come back in August if they have those special edition CEW boxes like they had last year, I'll have about $20 in points to blow then and might get those and get out of the Birchbox game.

Edit: I was just able to share for 10 points on my FB page.  It didn't give me points the last few times I tried to do that, so a heads up if you don't do Twitter.  Got 70 points for this garbage box!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the baby blue one as well and I doubt my 9-year old is going to want to have anything to do with it. I also got the 10% off like you @@jb3480 . It's not that much but better than nothing. At least it will pay for tax on an order. I'll use it for sure.

Back