Birchbox June 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
This would have been a nice box to get:

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/june-2015/june-2015-bb73?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=TnL5HPStwNw&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-lutWPvdX2E8zAcUkrb7xmg

Actually after looking almost any of the 70s boxes would have been good. Almost every one of them had 8 items.
Most of the boxes in the 70s are the $30 upgraded boxes.

I had a weird situation yesterday after boxes went live. My box page was showing that I was receiving a box that contained samples I had received in the past and my sample choice was missing. Then the box changed later in the day to an entirely different one (and I didn't see it in any of the box combinations). My box shipped three days ago, so who knows what it will actually contain.

Most of the boxes in the 70s are the $30 upgraded boxes.

I had a weird situation yesterday after boxes went live. My box page was showing that I was receiving a box that contained samples I had received in the past and my sample choice was missing. Then the box changed later in the day to an entirely different one (and I didn't see it in any of the box combinations). My box shipped three days ago, so who knows what it will actually contain.
My box COMPLETELY changed yesterday, too.  I liked the one from the cheat better so fingers crossed.  At first it showed Box 66 and now I am getting  67.

Well - i think Birchbox was drunk when completing my box. I got so excited because I got a big white box and thought I had won the contest....but they had just mailed my eye gels seperate. But my box is completely different from the website and has three repeat products, excluding Marcelle BB Cream and Supergoop.

Just my luck. 

One of my boxes arrived. No benefit gift and a prize of 10% off $50... I'm so very lucky as usual :/

My code was the 10% off $50. My hair tie was brown and rather crappy looking. Blue Lagoon eyeliner. This is the most disappointing box to date. Yes. It's actually worse than the Beaver Box. I am sure the other account will get really nice things. BB loves other-me. 

I got a 20% off of 50 coupon, so I cashed out my points and cancelled my subscription.

I have very short hair (listed that way in my profile since day one) and they sent me hair ties. I get some sort of blow dry protector spray or hair spray in almost every single box. While I do blow dry my hair, I just... I don't need that many blow dry sprays! I've gotten four since I signed up in November! 

While I've found a few products that I absolutely love, most of it has been either average or a total miss. I'm also switching to just buying cruelty-free brands and Birchbox doesn't give you that option yet. They've talked about it, but haven't implemented it.

So it's goodbye for me, for now. I might try out Petit Vour, but the reviews of their boxes don't thrill me too much.

I'm kinda bummed.

Does anyone know what the beta upgrade products are? My box won't show what I'm getting :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
t3fhIRR.png

From all the box pages, these seem like the upgraded products. Looks like they might be doing variations this month instead of everyone getting the same thing? A lot of the upgraded boxes have the Mally blush, though.

I thought everyone was getting the eyeko liner? I'm not :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm not impressed with the upgrade again this month. Another bold lip color & a blush. I'm going back to the basic box.

I thought everyone was getting the eyeko liner? I'm not :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm not impressed with the upgrade again this month. Another bold lip color & a blush. I'm going back to the basic box.
no one got the eyeko liner, they got held in customs. they mentioned it in the shipment emails this month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got both of my boxes. 

Codes: one for 20% off a $50 shop purchase, one for 10% off a $50 shop purchase

I got one Mulberry liner and one Blue Lagoon. My Emijay tie is light blue and my ponytail holder is fuscia. Overall, I like these boxes more in person than I did in the previews. I'm not sure that I'll use the Temple shampoo/conditioner, but at least there was no perfume.

OK forgive me guys I have been MIA since November and just resubbed last month to BB. I can see which box I'm getting this month (FINALLY!!) and it has 7 items, what's up with that?? I didn't upgrade either. But how do I find out which box # this is? Everything has changed lol. 

Also, what's the prize stuff I keep reading about? I tried to go back and figure it out but couldn't find anything.

OK forgive me guys I have been MIA since November and just resubbed last month to BB. I can see which box I'm getting this month (FINALLY!!) and it has 7 items, what's up with that?? I didn't upgrade either. But how do I find out which box # this is? Everything has changed lol. 

Also, what's the prize stuff I keep reading about? I tried to go back and figure it out but couldn't find anything.
They included hair accessories as a bonus this month so everyone seems to be getting 7 items. 

The prize stuff turned out to be a bust. In your box you should have a card with a code. You can win items in the shop, but most people are getting 10% off a purchase over $50. This is lame because in a few weeks anniversary codes will start working again and you should be able to get 20-25% off  $35.  Some people on MUT did win a benefits product by entering a contest a few weeks back.

As to box number, I think it appears in your url when you are looking at your box page, but I've never been able to figure it out that way. Normally I just scroll through all the combos. There was a link for that pasted earlier in this thread. 

The only other interesting things you missed was something called Beaver Shampoo that appeared in everyone's box a couple of months ago.  <_<

Latest posts

Back