Birchbox Man: July Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, my husband loves the lifestyle extras. They usually revolve perfect around his "beauty profile" and they're very techy, which he is! Another score for BB this month.

Awesome review, always nice to see a guys point of view :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by kenstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For me, it's actually because of the lifestyle items that I subscribed. They really made me feel that the box was worth getting something. I agree they're the reason the price is $20, but if it were only $10 and just small product samples, I wouldn't have been a subscriber.

I'm happy with this month's box. I really like the moisturizer, cordies, and slick water. I'm definitely going to continue subscribing. Here's my review:

http://notebookheavy.com/2012/06/27/birchbox-man-july-2012-box-review/

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree, my husband loves the lifestyle extras. They usually revolve perfect around his "beauty profile" and they're very techy, which he is! Another score for BB this month.

Awesome review, always nice to see a guys point of view :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I wish our lifestyle extras were as good as theirs. I know they pay more, but getting a plastic bag is kinda sad.

I didn't get the plastic bag, I got bandaids, I would have rather gotten nothing, so I agree.. The "lifestyle" extras kinda stink for the woman's bb.

But for the guys, I don't think they're "extras" because the other samples don't come close to the value of what you pay. So they may be lifestyle items, but definitely not extra/freebies.

Originally Posted by bloo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish our lifestyle extras were as good as theirs. I know they pay more, but getting a plastic bag is kinda sad.

I'm trying to get my boyfriend to subscribe but he doesn't seem to into it for $20 a month. 

He did like the socks from the May Box though so, does anyone have a bf who hated the socks that would be willing to trade? PM me!

My husband was okay with his box this month. He liked the extras and wants to go another month, so we will give it another shot.

Birchbox must of had a lot of those Benta Berry moisturizers left over from the women's boxes!  I got it in my Birchbox in February but only got one!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Birchbox must of had a lot of those Benta Berry moisturizers left over from the women's boxes!  I got it in my Birchbox in February but only got one!
Well, they were tiny -- & I didn't like the smell. No bueno!

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm trying to get my boyfriend to subscribe but he doesn't seem to into it for $20 a month. 

He did like the socks from the May Box though so, does anyone have a bf who hated the socks that would be willing to trade? PM me!
My sweetie loved the socks too.  If you get a landslide of offers, I'm open to trades for the socks too!  I cancelled after June's box because it wasn't a good fit for us but I wrote an email to Birchbox explaining why I was unsubbing and that I might resub in the future.  I think it's important for consumers to let companies know what we like and don't like, it causes them to become better if they listen.  I'm glad others still love their men's Birchboxes, I wish I was one of the ones that it works for but it's just not "him".  I love the idea of guys across the country getting excited opening their monthly boxes.  I hope another company comes up with another monthly guy box, not necessarily all "beauty".  Does anyone know of any subs like that?

I'm on this thread because I was hoping July's box would knock my socks off (pun intended, ha ha) and I'd resub in time to get it.  No such luck for us.  Maybe next month?

If there are tons of subbies who hate the socks and want to trade with me second after tinkerbll695, I have the products from 3 women's Birchboxes per month, Sample Society, Look Bag, bb5, MyGlam, Julep, and June's men's Birchbox including a blue watch to trade.  Try me if you're looking for something.  The products that I have from the above subs are from the months of December - present.  

If my boyfriend were to cancel his subscription, would his points get deleted or would they remain on the account?

Originally Posted by MandyWiltse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If my boyfriend were to cancel his subscription, would his points get deleted or would they remain on the account?
They stay on the account.  Birchbox used to allow you to transfer them to another account, but that's not the case any more.  

my BF opened his box last night (it was sitting on the kitchen counter for a week while he was out of town...torture!) and it's a hit!  

He loved the lifestyle extras (as i knew he would) and was really interested in the Supersmile stuff, I had to explain to him the Benta Berry lotion, me- "it won't make you greasy looking"  him- "oh that's cool then".  He has oily skin and is always blotting his face to that is great for him try.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They stay on the account.  Birchbox used to allow you to transfer them to another account, but that's not the case any more.  
Well I was just curious because for some reason, both ouf our boxes are part of the same account so our points are shared. So I just wanted to make sure that his points from this month wouldn't be taken out of the balance if he cancelled.

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

My sweetie loved the socks too.  If you get a landslide of offers, I'm open to trades for the socks too!  I cancelled after June's box because it wasn't a good fit for us but I wrote an email to Birchbox explaining why I was unsubbing and that I might resub in the future.  I think it's important for consumers to let companies know what we like and don't like, it causes them to become better if they listen.  I'm glad others still love their men's Birchboxes, I wish I was one of the ones that it works for but it's just not "him".  I love the idea of guys across the country getting excited opening their monthly boxes.  I hope another company comes up with another monthly guy box, not necessarily all "beauty".  Does anyone know of any subs like that?
I'm on this thread because I was hoping July's box would knock my socks off (pun intended, ha ha) and I'd resub in time to get it.  No such luck for us.  Maybe next month?

If there are tons of subbies who hate the socks and want to trade with me second after tinkerbll695, I have the products from 3 women's Birchboxes per month, Sample Society, Look Bag, bb5, MyGlam, Julep, and June's men's Birchbox including a blue watch to trade.  Try me if you're looking for something.  The products that I have from the above subs are from the months of December - present.  

I recently subscribed to Urban Cargo (urbancargo.com). It's only my second month but I'm very happy with it. This month one of the samples was a green tea & rice face scrub that is priced at $38 for a 4 oz jar. The sample size was 2 oz. So that one sample is worth more than what you pay for the box ($12/mo.) It's the same as birchbox where you fill out a grooming profile. It's pretty straight forward.. If you tell them you don't shave, they won't send any shaving products at all. It's pretty nice. They don't have points like birchbox, but they do give coupons and promo codes for 20% off, if you do decide to buy anything from the site.

Did anyone happen to get the blood orange jock soap? I didn't get a sample, but I did go ahead and order it. The reviews on the Jock's Soap website were all very good. I just love the smell of oranges so I had to try it. It was delivered today. I can't wait to get home and try it out!

Is it the same? MISLEADING!!! I got it in one of my boxes and HATED it so I went to check to see if its the same and the BB site says:

BENTA BERRY Super Moisturizing Face Cream for Men

I thought it was different, guess not.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was it the same?  I was just going off the way the tube looked in someone's picture but I could be wrong!

Ok went to the BB website and the "women's version is for filles and garcons (girls and boys) and there is a man's version.  

I stand corrected!

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it the same? MISLEADING!!! I got it in one of my boxes and HATED it so I went to check to see if its the same and the BB site says:

BENTA BERRY Super Moisturizing Face Cream for Men

I thought it was different, guess not.

Originally Posted by francie nolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I recently subscribed to Urban Cargo (urbancargo.com). It's only my second month but I'm very happy with it. This month one of the samples was a green tea & rice face scrub that is priced at $38 for a 4 oz jar. The sample size was 2 oz. So that one sample is worth more than what you pay for the box ($12/mo.) It's the same as birchbox where you fill out a grooming profile. It's pretty straight forward.. If you tell them you don't shave, they won't send any shaving products at all. It's pretty nice. They don't have points like birchbox, but they do give coupons and promo codes for 20% off, if you do decide to buy anything from the site.
Hmm, that sounds intriguing!  Since you're the first person to introduce me to the site, is it okay for you to pm me your referral link?  Or is that a no no here?  I know it's against the rules to put referral links in signatures and replies but wasn't sure if we could pm them to each other.  Don't want to break any rules but I'd love it if I decide to sign up for you to get some sort of credit for steering me there.  We women have to help each other out, right?  Also, had to say, your post saying you can't wait to get home and try the blood orange jock soap made me giggle.  
icon_redface.gif
  Why do some words just make us giggle?  It's like Jr. High all over again, don't mean any disrespect, of course, it's definitely me and not you!  Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it!

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm, that sounds intriguing!  Since you're the first person to introduce me to the site, is it okay for you to pm me your referral link?  Or is that a no no here?  I know it's against the rules to put referral links in signatures and replies but wasn't sure if we could pm them to each other.  Don't want to break any rules but I'd love it if I decide to sign up for you to get some sort of credit for steering me there.  We women have to help each other out, right?  Also, had to say, your post saying you can't wait to get home and try the blood orange jock soap made me giggle.  
icon_redface.gif
  Why do some words just make us giggle?  It's like Jr. High all over again, don't mean any disrespect, of course, it's definitely me and not you!  Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it!

i don't think they have a referral program. so you just sign up! 

if you do sign up for it, i really hope you like it. the first box was all body washes. so i thought the boxes were going to be themed. but the second one was a mix of everything. so i don't really know how they do things yet.

Originally Posted by francie nolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i don't think they have a referral program. so you just sign up! 

if you do sign up for it, i really hope you like it. the first box was all body washes. so i thought the boxes were going to be themed. but the second one was a mix of everything. so i don't really know how they do things yet.
Thanks for the heads up.  My husband is canceling BBMen, but did like the idea of it. 

Back