Birchbox Man: November 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my boyfriend's box:

He'll probably like everything in it. Not sure about the wallet though. It looks like one of those felt art projects that little kids make. Kind of stupid. Is it seriously just a pouch?

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He'll probably like everything in it. Not sure about the wallet though. It looks like one of those felt art projects that little kids make. Kind of stupid. Is it seriously just a pouch?
LOL

Yes, it's just a felt pouch.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same box here.  Kind of sad that the "big ticket" item is that wallet...he likes to carry around his checkbook in his wallet, so I'm sure this new one will be sat aside and forgotten.  Maybe I could pass it on to my little brother.

My fiance is getting box 2. I think he will like it, but I think he will miss not receiving a shaving sample. For some reason he has really taken a liking to all the shaving samples even though he rarely shaves.

I do have to say I like that the boxes are more even this month and that everyone received the same big item. I know my fiance was disappointed in the watch he received last month and would have preferred the whiskey stones/jigger. The watch was way too big and even though birchbox claims it has a $35 value the watches are sold on the RumbaTime website for $16.

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ONLY saw the body wash passed out last month.  I didn't see where anyone got anything different.  Maybe I just missed them?  

Anyway, box 7 is kind of annoying in a way because IF they send out just the body wash again, we'll be getting 2 body washes.  Which I guess it okay, but kind of silly.  I'm certain my husband will love the creme styler and the cologne sample
The

Wash & Buff
is not a body wash, it is a face exfoliator

Originally Posted by starfighter82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The watch was way too big and even though birchbox claims it has a $35 value the watches are sold on the RumbaTime website for $16.
Well the felt wallet "retails" on Birchbox for $35 but is sold on the Etsy site for $25 so the real value of the "big ticket item" is $10 less than what BBM claims.

Box 7 Photo

Not sure if this box is worth the $20 this month. I certainly wouldn't pay $35 (or $25 for that matter) for that 

wool wallet sleeve.
 The sample sizes are pretty decent though! We will see what the fiance thinks of it this month!

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Box 7 Photo

Not sure if this box is worth the $20 this month. I certainly wouldn't pay $35 (or $25 for that matter) for that 

wool wallet sleeve.
 The sample sizes are pretty decent though! We will see what the fiance thinks of it this month!

Yeah, the wallet seems lame.  I'll be keeping it to put my gift cards in...BUT I'm happy to see that there will be a Shave thing included in the box rather than a body wash like last month!  I'm thinking they got all these gift sets and just broke them up to put into people's boxes.  Next month it'll be one of the other included items.  :-|  

I canceled after last month. My boyfriend got the plastic watch, which at first seemed interesting but I guess he did some investigation and found that to input your information you had to pay a separate subscription fee. The eBay resale value was so low it wasn't worth his time. It currently sits unopened and forgotten.

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My hubs is getting box 7. Which is alright...but I know he'd rather have one with shaving products in it. ;-)

Hope the sizes aren't puny like the BBWomen boxes!

Looks like the Crew sample out of the travel pack is actually a shave product! So your hubby should be happy afterall!

Originally Posted by nathant78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

im getting box 3. Hope the shampoo and conditioner isnt the stupid foil pack like prior. I wanted to try the Artisan cologne. And i get the wallet
No foil packets in box3!! :)

imma be a happy clean smelling hair looking good boy!

might have to do the silly white boy dance..no i wont put it up on youtube

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by nathant78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

im getting box 3. Hope the shampoo and conditioner isnt the stupid foil pack like prior. I wanted to try the Artisan cologne. And i get the wallet
No foil packets in box3!! :)

i wonder if the flat thing in the back is the cologne sample. must be super small, if it is.

Originally Posted by francie nolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i wonder if the flat thing in the back is the cologne sample. must be super small, if it is.
I've gotten a bunch of samples of the women's perfume from Atelier.  Regular tiny little glass vial, not spray.  They package it in a translucent envelope with a pretty post card that has the cologne's name and info.  I LOVE their scents like none I've ever tried before - but they don't even last until I leave the house, even if I practically dump it on my clothes and hair.  Breaks my heart it does.  =(

That wallet is so thick, scratchy, and stupid now that I have it in person.  $25?  I wouldn't pay 25 cents.

Originally Posted by orlandomom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That wallet is so thick, scratchy, and stupid now that I have it in person.  $25?  I wouldn't pay 25 cents.
Well, that's a bummer!  I'm certain my hubby won't carry it...so it'll reside in my purse with gift cards in it so I can find them and get them out of my wallet where they take up so many slots!  Ugh.

what color did you get? i'm hoping for the darker color.

It really is awful. My boyfriend thought it was stupid.

Back