Birchbox March 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'll get to review the Parlor products separately so I get 70 points for this box! Whohoo

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 12.29.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 12.30.21 PM.png

If SB eyeshadow trio is the same, as the one in the featured box, and CR illuminator will go up for swaps, since I already have it. 

I'll make a swap thread in a few mins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am absolutely SHOCKED I did not get the Parlor stuff even though I left it up to chance. And if this box is actually what I get, I will be happy. I am especially excited about the shadow crayon, as I wanted to try this brand. I am happy with my box!!

The Balm Stainiac- these are just okay for me.

Trestique color and smudge shadow crayon-I hope I get a great color (want the pink pearl one the most)

Wilma Collagen eye pads- meh I don't really use things like this

Coola SPF 30 makeup setting spray- sounds interesting! I like the other Coola products I've tried

No. 4 Flouro Elixer restore and repair oil- I like a few No. 4 products and love hair oils so I am excited to try this!

Mine...

Pinrose Moonlight Gypsy
Pinrose Pillowtalk Poet
Cargo Land Down Under Eye Shadow Palette
NER:D Skincare Miraculous Brightening Clarifying Face Cleanser
Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm
PARLOR® by Jeff Chastain Volumizing & Texturizing Conditioner
PARLOR® by Jeff Chastain Volumizing & Texturizing Shampoo

Parlor Shampoo and Conditioner were my choice...and looks like 2 perfume samples...hope it will change when things will be actually up.
Box twins. I hatehatehate perfume samples, but at least it's a 7-item box, so we get 70 points this month.

I'm interested to see how the miracle balm works. My skin splits something fierce in the winter, and the only thing that works is the nipple cream I used while breastfeeding. I know, I know...it is very weird to tell people to try nipple cream for chapped lips and split fingertips LOL but it works! 

I received the same box as H_D and I also left mine to chance. I'm pretty happy! I managed to dodge the shampoos and the perfumes!

The Balm Stainiac- I like The Balm brand and I generally like lip products. However I'll have to see how this applies and what the color looks like on me. 

Trestique color and smudge shadow crayon- I've gotten these from Ipsy before. They aren't bad but I hope to get a color I don't have. I probably want the pink the most. They are great to throw in a travel bag. 

Wilma Collagen eye pads- I don't really use/need eye pads but I'll use them for the heck of it. 

Coola SPF 30 makeup setting spray- I like setting sprays and I'm always happy when SPF is included to protect my fair ginger skin. 

No. 4 Flouro Elixer restore and repair oil- As much as I've complained about spray type products I finally used my Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect and it did a great job on my hair. I still don't like the smell of it though but it's not as strong as other brands they've sent me. I love hair oils so I look forward to getting this. 

Most of the box combinations work: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/march-2016/march-2016-bb1

This seems like a nice month, most of the boxes are 6-7 items :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I like all of these new brands/products.
All except mine, lol! I used to get 6-7 items all the time in my first year of BB but these days, I think I've gotten a couple 6 items over the past year and a half and haven't gotten a 7 item one in over a year at least.

I'm getting the curated box on one account and I picked the Parlour samples on the other. I was going to go to one account this month, but I'm actually in the market for some new shampoo/conditioner, and I like the other Parlour products that BB has sent, so I'm looking forward to trying them. I'm also getting the trestique shadow stick in that box, so I've got my fingers crossed for a good color... That will make or break the box!

All except mine, lol! I used to get 6-7 items all the time in my first year of BB but these days, I think I've gotten a couple 6 items over the past year and a half and haven't gotten a 7 item one in over a year at least.
I'm not very lucky in terms of getting 6-7 item boxes, either.

My box contents are not loaded yet, hope I get a good one.

Yay- no perfume samplers this month. :lol:

I bought the curated box (because I forgot all about picking a sample this month). In my regular box I am getting (if it doesn't change):

Benefit the Porefessional Wipe Out Pore Cleansing Masks

Benefit the Porefessional Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel

Clarisonic Sonic Radiance AM Skin Illuminating Cleanser

Beautiful Nutrition Healthy Hair Diet Shampoo

Beautiful Nutrition Healthy Hair Diet Conditioner

Cargo Land Down Under Eyeshadow Palette

Not bad- I am willing to try some of these products.

My box is a fail this month:

The Balm Stainiac-I tried this before and didn't care for it

FHI thermal heat-activated conditioner-blah

Trestique color and smudge shadow crayon-blah

Wilma Schumann hydrating collagen eye pads-will use, but not exciting

Amika dry shampoo-my PYS which I've used before and liked

Just overall not an exciting box this month.

Getting:

• Trestique Color and Smudge Eyeshadow crayon (not a product type that I use, curious if it will be the full size or a small sample)
  • Juara Radiance Enzyme Scrub (got this in a guest editor box a while back, found it average)
  • Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Fresh Cut (have not been enthralled with any Living Proof products, but I'll try this)
  • Amika Dry Shampoo (PYS, going in the gym bag)
  • Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum (umm...ok, I will try it)
I'm feeling very meh about the box. It is fine. I'm very happy there is no perfume, since that is always useless for me. I'm in my 3rd year of subscription on this account (2012ish, then two in a row), and I wonder if I'm just at that point where Birchbox can't send me things that have anything to do with my profile. I've been trying to use more samples instead of just swapping them, but I could honestly swap four items in this box and not even care.

At least the points are nice every month. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Getting:

• Trestique Color and Smudge Eyeshadow crayon (not a product type that I use, curious if it will be the full size or a small sample)
  • Juara Radiance Enzyme Scrub (got this in a guest editor box a while back, found it average)
  • Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Fresh Cut (have not been enthralled with any Living Proof products, but I'll try this)
  • Amika Dry Shampoo (PYS, going in the gym bag)
  • Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum (umm...ok, I will try it)
I'm feeling very meh about the box. It is fine. I'm very happy there is no perfume, since that is always useless for me. I'm in my 3rd year of subscription on this account (2012ish, then two in a row), and I wonder if I'm just at that point where Birchbox can't send me things that have anything to do with my profile. I've been trying to use more samples instead of just swapping them, but I could honestly swap four items in this box and not even care.

At least the points are nice every month. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I've been with birchbox for at least two years now and I don't get hardly any products that match my profile anymore (and haven't for the past year at least) but there are still TONS of samples that WOULD match my profile that I never get.  So I won't be giving Birchbox a pass for consistently failing me and my profile with their boxes to me, lol!

So I won't be giving Birchbox a pass for consistently failing me and my profile with their boxes to me, lol!
Haha, true. Sometimes I think it is an algorithm that weighs likelihood of cancelling versus matching your profile. So a newer profile would be more likely to walk away if the first few boxes are too random; an older profile is lower risk of loss, so they just send whatever. 

Haha, true. Sometimes I think it is an algorithm that weighs likelihood of cancelling versus matching your profile. So a newer profile would be more likely to walk away if the first few boxes are too random; an older profile is lower risk of loss, so they just send whatever. 
Oh yes, this definitely seems like what is happening, haha! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Honestly, I get better items (MUCH better) in my "free" Mystery pack with my orders than with my actual birchbox. 

I've been really curious about Milk Makeup (mainly the eye marker and lip marker) and wondered if they were going to let subscription services send out their stuff, so I'm glad to see that they are. I hope they send their products out to some of my subs!

Back