Birchbox March 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've hit the one year mark and the boxes and it seems like the only way to avoid crappy boxes is to always go with the curated.  I can't believe some people are actually getting double perfume this month.  That seems like a mistake.  Although I would love to know what Garden Gangster smells like. Maybe I will get it in a msp. 

I've hit the one year mark and the boxes and it seems like the only way to avoid crappy boxes is to always go with the curated.  I can't believe some people are actually getting double perfume this month.  That seems like a mistake.  Although I would love to know what Garden Gangster smells like. Maybe I will get it in a msp. 
Sadly I never really like the curated boxes though! I'd rather take my chances with a regular box.

They have a Pinrose starter set in the bb shop for $11, it contains a 'petal' of each of the 10 fragrances, they all sound interesting so I'm thinking about getting this. Plus I like to make small purchases like this to build up points, just in case they have an amazing summer limited edition box this year. 

I think I'll stop getting the curated boxes for a while, as long as they can be bought in the shop. I liked the contents of this months' curated box but I like the design on the regular box better.

Although I would love to know what Garden Gangster smells like. Maybe I will get it in a msp.
"Garden Gangster" sounds like a parody song or something. I'm picturing a music video with a gang of middle aged ladies in floppy hats acting tough, brandishing their gardening shears and selling black market topsoil.

(I have a vivid imagination.)

I think my favorite perfume name in the Birchbox shop is Etat Libre d'Orange's "Fat Electrician"

I don't think you need my imagination to envision that one....

I have only been a subscriber to Birchbox since October and, I must say, the boxes have gone downhill in just that small amount of time. I chose the curated box this month and was looking forward to trying the MILK lipstick. I just received the box today and actually laughed out loud at the ridiculously tiny size of this item. I understand it's a "sample", but come on! So very disappointing. 

Got my box today--the Pinrose perfumes are towelettes...dumb.

The Cargo eyeshadow duo is pretty, the 'Beach' and 'Bridge' colors. A bit warm and shimmery for me, but I can probably use them in the summer.

Yay for 6-item box! Thou there are 3 repeat items for me:

* theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac

* Clarisonic Sonic Radiance AM Skin Illuminating Cleanser

* trèStiQue Color & Smudge Shadow Crayon

* Wilma Schumann Skincare Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads

* Number 4™ Lumiere d'hiver Reconstructing Masque

* Number 4™ Clarifying Shampoo

I was so excited for my box since I finally got two makeup products, one which I really wanted- the tresique eyeshadow crayon, but when it came today, I got the only color I didn't want, the green one. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So sad. I wanted the pink or the brown one really badly.

I got the featured box today. I like it fine, but the lipstick is Avon sample size! And mine broke when I applied it. Whoop whomp. Poor packaging!

I got my featured box too and yes the lipstick sample is tiny! At least it's a color I like so I'm excited to try it. Sorry yours broke @Bizgirlva. I'll see what happens when I try mine. The smashbox trio is small too but I'm looking forward to trying it.

I got the featured box today. I like it fine, but the lipstick is Avon sample size! And mine broke when I applied it. Whoop whomp. Poor packaging!
Mine broke too! But its a pretty color and still usable, it actually looks nice on me. The bad thing about it is that it seriously dried out my lips though. And I've been using the little smashbox trio for the past few days and its pretty convenient if you're in a rush, I forgot how blendable some eyeshadows are over others, these are great to work with and I love that they're matte.

I just shoved the little bullet back in the package and applied it. I'm no stranger to using broken lipstick. And i just replaced my missing retractible lip brush with another one from Sephora so I can happily use all my broken lip items.

My main account box should arrive today, it also has a Smashbox trio in it, I'm curious if it'll be the same shades as the featured box.  I also love that they're matte too!

I just shoved the little bullet back in the package and applied it. I'm no stranger to using broken lipstick. And i just replaced my missing retractible lip brush with another one from Sephora so I can happily use all my broken lip items.

My main account box should arrive today, it also has a Smashbox trio in it, I'm curious if it'll be the same shades as the featured box.  I also love that they're matte too!
Please share! I purchased the curated box and am also getting a Smashbox in my regular box- but it won't arrive until next week- I am really curious (and hopeful) if it will be different colors

Please share! I purchased the curated box and am also getting a Smashbox in my regular box- but it won't arrive until next week- I am really curious (and hopeful) if it will be different colors
Mine was the same shades. whomp whomp.

Both were Filter trio's with vanilla, sable and sumatra shades. My extra one will go up for trade.

Back