Birchbox May 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many things have the warning. Even the handbags from JustFab have the warning. Doesn't stop me from buying them though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Last edited by a moderator:
My second Ace account is in the picture again with the new 100 point code "BBJETBLUE10" :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So, what are we picking? 
My 1st PYS will definitely be the macadamia oil, but I am undecided on the 2nd account.
Is the BS2 box a good value?

I really don't know what I'll pick tomorrow!

I love the Real Chemistry a lot but I have already reviewed it so I don't know if I want to give up the points. Any word on the actual use of the Naobay? I'm one of those weirdos that likes their product scents.

I really don't know what I'll pick tomorrow!

I love the Real Chemistry a lot but I have already reviewed it so I don't know if I want to give up the points. Any word on the actual use of the Naobay? I'm one of those weirdos that likes their product scents.
My PYS was going to be:

ACE - oil, 2nd - chance, 3rd - peel (choosing because I don't want identical accounts like last month for ACE and 3rd)

But I realized that my 3rd already got the peel - so do I

1) pick peel lose 10 points but assure no double box

2) leave to chance and take risk of double box

Decisions :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Main account BS Box. I want the blowout spray and mascara.

Second sub- leave to chance in the hopes of getting all five samples selected by the cupcake lady. Her featured items seem way more interesting than the sample choices. 

I think I will pick BS box on my second account, too.
I hate the possibility to get Real Chemistry peel again. My last experience was too annoying, I would never put that thing on my face again.

My PYS was going to be: ACE - oil, 2nd - chance, 3rd - peel (choosing because I don't want identical accounts like last month for ACE and 3rd) But I realized that my 3rd already got the peel - so do I 1) pick peel lose 10 points but assure no double box 2) leave to chance and take risk of double box Decisions
I have picked samples that I already received/reviewed, or in the curated boxes I've picked have had samples I've already received/reviewed. Once a curated box I chose had 2 samples I had already reviewed. Each time I have emailed CS and had the points awarded to me, no problem. So I wouldn't let fear of losing the review points affect your decision. 

Christmas tree lights also have that Prop 65 warning. It usually states, "This product contains a chemical known to cause cancer in the state of California." So in other words, so long as you don't use the product in California, you are safe.
:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   That warning is all over the place here in CA....every office building you go into has something similar posted on the window (that chemicals known to cause cancer are in the building).   I've gotten so used to it I just ignore it now. 

It is weird about different states having different rules.  I remember when they first removed something in hairsprays that was supposed to me depleting the ozone layer.  It was still possible to buy hairsprays with those ingredients in neighboring states.  But I guess the ozone layer right above CA was going to be okay (you know, so long as none of the hairspray chemicals drifted across state lines).

I have picked samples that I already received/reviewed, or in the curated boxes I've picked have had samples I've already received/reviewed. Once a curated box I chose had 2 samples I had already reviewed. Each time I have emailed CS and had the points awarded to me, no problem. So I wouldn't let fear of losing the review points affect your decision.
Thanks for letting me know - in that case, I will go with my original plan :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I will pick BS box on my second account, too.

I hate the possibility to get Real Chemistry peel again. My last experience was too annoying, I would never put that thing on my face again.
It's funny that two of the samples were things I got and hated at first. Naobay almost went in the trash but came to grow on me. I got 3 minute peel on both accounts. Last night I thought I had some left but guess i used it up. I'm tempted to ask for a third tube. 

I didn't get an email, but I was able to make a choice (I used last month's email with the link).  I received my confirmation email too, verifying that I got it.

I didn't get an email, but I was able to make a choice (I used last month's email with the link).  I received my confirmation email too, verifying that I got it.
Correct me if I am wrong but back in December didn't people get confirmation emails only to have their PYS not show up in their final box page. Then CS basically scolded them for using an old email link, saying that the selection could not be verified. I've never personally had a problem using a cheat but it seemed like they were cracking down on this.

I just sent them an email with my sample choices for both accounts.

I am afraid to mess with their system since they became less solution oriented recently. Back in the day when they were actually helpful, I used a previous month's link and they did not send me the PYS even though I got the confirmation. Then told me that they won't send since I did it before they sent me the e-mail :/

Maybe you should double check with them and make sure they will send it.

Correct me if I am wrong but back in December didn't people get confirmation emails only to have their PYS not show up in their final box page. Then CS basically scolded them for using an old email link, saying that the selection could not be verified. I've never personally had a problem using a cheat but it seemed like they were cracking down on this.
 I never had that happen to me and I have never been scolded by CS at all.  I am not sure if they got the verification email or not.

If I get a confirmation email, then it is verified.   I've been doing this for the last several boxes, as my emails always come way too late.   I think whatever bug they had in their system, they fixed it - I doubt that it is a "cheat" when the link goes directly to the actual page!

I feel comfortable doing this - everyone needs to do what is best for them

I just sent them an email with my sample choices for both accounts.

I am afraid to mess with their system since they became less solution oriented recently. Back in the day when they were actually helpful, I used a previous month's link and they did not send me the PYS even though I got the confirmation. Then told me that they won't send since I did it before they sent me the e-mail :/

Maybe you should double check with them and make sure they will send it.
Never had an issue with doing it this way.

Back