Birchbox May 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked the BS box too. Didn't want the other samples. I am interested in trying the mascara and the sunscreen.

I gifted a sub to myself to get the new "starter" box, so I'm pretty excited to start picking for two account next month! That isn't a terribly exciting box either but I know I will use everything.

I went with the peel because my last experiment in going with a random box was a huge fail. I'll try the peel, so that works. I have almost no expectations after the last few months. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I picked the BS box too. Didn't want the other samples. I am interested in trying the mascara and the sunscreen.

I gifted a sub to myself to get the new "starter" box, so I'm pretty excited to start picking for two account next month! That isn't a terribly exciting box either but I know I will use everything.
I though about doing that too but I ordered one the three-month subscription for my mom. Still, with the 100forme code, the purchase will be worth at the least - 260 points (another 30 for sharing, which my mom won't do.)
She has dementia but still loves her beauty products, so I think she will enjoy the surprises.

Last edited by a moderator:
I left it to chance since none of the samples or curated box interested me.  And really, can every sub box give it a rest with Harvey Prince??  I've gotten Hello numerous times, HP sincerely rollerball and HP petaly noir.  I've also gotten the shampoo and conditioner.   :rolleyes: It's all too floraly for me.  I'll probably get the spray too.  lol

I left it to chance since none of the samples or curated box interested me.  And really, can every sub box give it a rest with Harvey Prince??  I've gotten Hello numerous times, HP sincerely rollerball and HP petaly noir.  I've also gotten the shampoo and conditioner.   :rolleyes: It's all too floraly for me.  I'll probably get the spray too.  lol
 Would you believe the spray was "sold out" as of this afternoon ? I decided to pick the peel because when I leave it to chance I get crappy boxes. 

I keep waiting to get a Harvey Prince product. I have been subscribing since last September and have not got a single one!!!

I got the curated box on my Ace account (to avoid getting a perfume) and the Macadamia hair product on my second account.  My second account got a perfume (and the Beaver crap) last month so hopefully no perfume this month.

At 1:45 when I got my email only the curated box and naobay was left. Glad I didn't want anything this month.

Bummer choices this month! I've recently been trying out the few salt sprays I've received from birchbox so I went with the HP spray. Not to excited.... But hopefully that means no shampoo? Ha ha ha! Probably means a box full of hair products!

June they are offering a special curated Beaver Box. It comes with shampoo, conditioner, perfume and an adorable beaver bath bomb. If you try to google this make sure safe search is on.  Sorry. Got to entertain myself somehow while I wait for box combinations to load.
lol

but it might be worth it for the beaver bath bomb!! 

I will let Birchbox surprise me this month -mainly because I forgot about the sample choice email until it had expired. I wasn't feeling the choices this month (samples for products that I don't use or am allergic to). The only thing that I would have tried would have been the Juara Candlenut body cream and I'll get that some other time.

I didn't think I was going to pick a sample, but I ended up going with the Macadamia. I haven't tried it yet and it's a decent sized sample, so why not. My other account I left up to chance, though. I'm hoping to get a porefessional sample because I haven't tried that yet. :hehe:

I keep waiting to get a Harvey Prince product. I have been subscribing since last September and have not got a single one!!!
Consider yourself lucky! They all smell way too floraly, like old lady floral, and they had a chemically smell mixed with it. Needless to say they are pretty terrible scents. The only usable harvey prince product I got was a hand cream because it is lightly scented and perfect for travel, but I didn't get that in a box I got it in a pick 2.

I re-subbed to have a 2nd account this month, so I picked the HP Spray on one (I don't use beachy sprays a ton, but I LOVE the Hello scent) and the Macadamia Oil on the other. I almost left the 2nd one a surprise but I figured choosing different samples on each would make it less likely to get dupe boxes. 

I picked the peel for my PYS on one account. Ive gotten it before and LOVED it. Second acct is up to chance. April was a dud for me so I'm really hoping May is a winner on both accounts! But with my luck I'll still end up with dupe boxes

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back