Birchbox pick two mystery packs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes.  I received an order today and my mystery crap bag was a foil pack of Kerastase shampoo and L'oreal conditioner.  Wheeeeeee

Probably my worst pick 2 ever! I have fine thin straight hair. I will use the foil, but I wish the foils weren't in there as one of the items image.jpeg

I'm really happy with my sample pack! I received a Floss Gloss nail polish in the color Wavepool and a Pop Beauty Cozy Crimson lipstick! The nail polish is a super pretty aqua blue. I've never owned anything from this brand so I look forward to trying it. I'm not big on red lipstick but I did like the last Pop lipstick I received in my monthly Birchbox. I'll wear it occasionally but it will probably last me ten years.  

I forgot to post that I received a nice pick two last week: Living Proof split end mender deluxe and Laura Geller baked blush deluxe. I already have the full size of the blush but it's a great color to gift, so I'm happy.

I was rather disappointed in my sample pack. It was an OCC Lip tar that appeared to have been opened and an Avene moisture serum.  Then I tried to OCC expecting it to be like that Jcat disaster Ipsy sent us months ago.  It's a pretty metallic purple shade.  And it wasn't mine that was broken/open but one in the bin. Still I would have preferred nail polish or that split end thingy, but this wasn't that awful. 

I got Not Soap radio shower gel (yay) and a sample foil of shampoo for "long thick hair" which is the exact opposite of my hair type. At least the shower gel is a win.

Marcelle New-Age 8 in 1 Power serum (.23 fl oz) and a Loreal Mythic Oil conditioner foil packet.  The MSPs lately have a really low value and it seems like they're sending more foil packets.

I received a Harvey prince sea salt spray sample size and one LA fresh makeup remover wipe

Last edited by a moderator:
My pick two today was 2 foils of Malin+Goetz face cleanser and 2 foils of Davines hair oil (total value of 4 foils =$2.25 ..lol)...I chatted with CS and they are sending me a new pick two because I didn't receive a "deluxe sample" as advertised....fingers crossed for something better....

Last edited by a moderator:
My pick two today was 2 foils of Malin+Goetz face cleanser and 2 foils of Davines hair oil (total value of 4 foils =$2.25 ..lol)...I chatted with CS and they are sending me a new pick two because I didn't receive a "deluxe sample" as advertised....fingers crossed for something better....
Ugh, I just got a package today with that exact mystery pack. I'm going to contact CS too and hope they agree to send out a replacement.

I got the two Malin+Goetz cleanser foils and a small tube of the SeaRx scrub. No way in hell are those worth $10, especially when I know they make small tube samples of the M+G that have a nice amount of product. But since it didn't cost me anything, I'll just toss them in the trade box.

I got the two Malin+Goetz cleanser foils and a small tube of the SeaRx scrub. No way in hell are those worth $10, especially when I know they make small tube samples of the M+G that have a nice amount of product. But since it didn't cost me anything, I'll just toss them in the trade box.
They really need to stop with the SeaRx.  That hasn't been featured in boxes since last year and I don't think they even carry it in the shop. 

Agave healing oil (small cardboard packet) and 1 foil packet of Living Proof restore mask treatment. 

Seriously, Birchbox?  Take away review points and then start sending out MSP that aren't even close to $10 in value.   I added a hair comb to push my order over $35.  If I do order anything from Birchbox ever again, adding a MSP will be the very last thing on my mind.  This is my 3rd MSP in a row that are two small cruddy packets.  Just do away with the MSP add-on altogether if you're not going to fulfill the promised value.   

My pick two was Bain De Terre Conditioner and FHI Heat Hot sauce. The conditioner is a good size but the FHI sample is tiny. Nothing too exciting.

Back