Birchbox September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's the head of the class box- it was on the site for a few hours but they took it down (you couldn't buy it but you could see the page). This is all I can find now, the link 404s:

I don't think the price was up yet, either.
I didn't like CC but I might still buy it because it looks pretty. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging/advertising. 

I would like to sample one of the Harvey Prince perfumes but I'm not sure if I should try Eau Fling or Eau Flirt. Any recommendations/comparisons?

I would like to sample one of the Harvey Prince perfumes but I'm not sure if I should try Eau Fling or Eau Flirt. Any recommendations/comparisons?
Does anyone know how similar they are? They seem to have some of the same notes. I have Flirt and am trying to decide if I want Fling also.

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's the head of the class box- it was on the site for a few hours but they took it down (you couldn't buy it but you could see the page). This is all I can find now, the link 404s:

ha! the girl in the picture is the one that answers the customer questions like she's a birchbox rep, lol.

Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know how similar they are? They seem to have some of the same notes. I have Flirt and am trying to decide if I want Fling also.
I have them both! Personally, I liked Fling more. To me that seemed sexier than Flirt, and I figured if any perfume would do the flirting for me, it'd be Fling. haha. I like it because it's kind floral AND spicy, so it's not really overpowering of either thing. Flirt seems more floral to me. Maybe it's just my nose.

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't like CC but I might still buy it because it looks pretty. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging/advertising. 
I like the colors and packaging, too. As long as it's 20 bucks or less, I think I may get it. I have 200 points saved up... feel the need to spend. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay for another limited edition box! I'm glad I checked this thread before bed!

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ha! the girl in the picture is the one that answers the customer questions like she's a birchbox rep, lol.
I think she's a member here? Her face looks familiar.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think she's a member here? Her face looks familiar.
yeah, i'm not sure but i whenever i see the page i always see her smile and helping out the bb customers. they should hire her if she's in the nyc area b/c she's good. 

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah, i'm not sure but i whenever i see the page i always see her smile and helping out the bb customers. they should hire her if she's in the nyc area b/c she's good. 
If I was in the NYC area I'd probably be up there every day begging for a job bahah.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I was in the NYC area I'd probably be up there every day begging for a job bahah.
i tried to get one as an ops associate when i lived in nyc and i didn't get hired :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> oh well, if i didn't get hired, i wouldn't have moved back to virginia, move into my first home and be engaged. life has a funny way of showing itself if you know what i mean. 

I found the pouch from the new LE box. You can already buy it separately from the box.

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-chevron-pencil-case

The description amuses me...

Quote: This handy zipper pouch features our original Birchbox logo (oh, the nostalgia for just a few months ago!) and a pretty chevron print. The zip closure ensures that the contents of this pouch won’t tumble out into your bag. Available in easy-to-spot pink or green.
Apparently they don't know their old logo from the new one. 
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's so bright! And pretty! And sparkly stuff in the middle! I'm sold! I'll just give the cc to my sister and hoard the rest lol

What the hell is up with every single company copying that black and white chevron bag ipsy did for last october. I mean I'm not saying -- but I'm totally saying. The Sephora VIB GWP had the same pattern too. Maybe I'm reading a little too much into it... but I doubt it

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What the hell is up with every single company copying that black and white chevron bag ipsy did for last october. I mean I'm not saying -- but I'm totally saying. The Sephora VIB GWP had the same pattern too. Maybe I'm reading a little too much into it... but I doubt it
Chevron patterns are very "in" now. Frankly, I think the entire picture looks like something from Ipsy. The bag just puts it over the top for me. lol

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have them both! Personally, I liked Fling more. To me that seemed sexier than Flirt, and I figured if any perfume would do the flirting for me, it'd be Fling. haha. I like it because it's kind floral AND spicy, so it's not really overpowering of either thing. Flirt seems more floral to me. Maybe it's just my nose.
I wish they would let me get both samples at once for the same amount of shipping! The one thing that scares me about Fling is the "raspberry" notes. But I like the sound of spicy! Anything too floral is just not my thing. Do the samples come as a roll on or a spritz or are they one of those where you just have to kind of splash it on?

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish they would let me get both samples at once for the same amount of shipping! The one thing that scares me about Fling is the "raspberry" notes. But I like the sound of spicy! Anything too floral is just not my thing. Do the samples come as a roll on or a spritz or are they one of those where you just have to kind of splash it on?

They're rollers.

You're paying $6.50 for something they sell for $21, so you're still making out all right if you order them separately. You might just want to get one and do what sabinebyrne suggested and e-mail them asking for them to put a small sample vial of the other one in with your order.

I haven't tried Fling yet, but I got Flirt and I loooove it. Thank you sabinebyrne for spreading the news about the new code for Fling, I can't imagine them topping Flirt, but I sure look forward to finding out.

They're rollers. You're paying $6.50 for something they sell for $21, so you're still making out all right if you order them separately. You might just want to get one and do what sabinebyrne suggested and e-mail them asking for them to put a small sample vial of the other one in with your order. I haven't tried Fling yet, but I got Flirt and I loooove it. Thank you sabinebyrne for spreading the news about the new code for Fling, I can't imagine them topping Flirt, but I sure look forward to finding out.
no problem! I love passing on a good deal. And yes, they are 8ml roller balls. A pretty good size. About the size of a julep polish. And keyess, I dont really smell raspberry in fling. I don't get fruity from it. I originally really wanted flirt, but I loved the sound of fling, too, and im really glad i got it because I ended up liking fling the best. It's just so unique and... yummy. Their company honestly just impresses me with the scengs and customer service. I also love trying new scents and it is an easy and affordable wY to do it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back