Birchbox September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So excited to try a polish from BB that is NOT Color Club. I never got the Ruby Wing or anything, so I'm glad to be getting something different, guaranteed. I don't really have a color preference yet, but I'm kind of leaning towards hoping for Hedge Fund since I have my share of reds and purples. I will be a little miffed if they manage to send a sample smaller than the "full size." But I'm all for mini bottles--then I can actually use them all the way up!
The funny thing is- ruby wing IS color club.

Yup. I find myself laughing at all if the anti-CC-as-a-company posts that are simultaneously pro-RW. It's kind of like being anti-Coca Cola Corp and pro-Sprite.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup. I find myself laughing at all if the anti-CC-as-a-company posts that are simultaneously pro-RW. It's kind of like being anti-Coca Cola Corp and pro-Sprite.
LOL That's how I feel too, but in fairness, it might be entirely equivalent. It could be more like loving Origins but not like Aveda or liking MAC but not liking Clinique: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Est%C3%A9e_Lauder_Companies#Brands

If they felt the need to brand it rather than launch it as a collection, they may actually be doing things with the formula that a lot of people dislike with CC. I mean obviously they are because they're getting it to change colours....

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL That's how I feel too, but in fairness, it might be entirely equivalent. It could be more like loving Origins but not like Aveda or liking MAC but not liking Clinique: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Est%C3%A9e_Lauder_Companies#Brands

If they felt the need to brand it rather than launch it as a collection, they may actually be doing things with the formula that a lot of people dislike with CC. I mean obviously they are because they're getting it to change colours....

I'm anti-Pepsi but pro-Mountain Dew.  But I will happily complain about Pepsi without differentiating between Pepsi Corp and Pepsi, the drink.  

I don't think there's anything wrong with liking one item from a company, but not another.  And it's not like Ruby Wing went around and announced that they were made by Color Club.  It'd be pretty easy to miss that.  In fact, I only know from the last time it came up on these boards.

I wouldn't be too thrilled with another CC polish, but I wouldn't mind trying a RW.  Based on the reviews, it's actually a pretty cool polish.

LOL That's how I feel too, but in fairness, it might be entirely equivalent. It could be more like loving Origins but not like Aveda or liking MAC but not liking Clinique: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Est%C3%A9e_Lauder_Companies#Brands If they felt the need to brand it rather than launch it as a collection, they may actually be doing things with the formula that a lot of people dislike with CC. I mean obviously they are because they're getting it to change colours....
The thing is that changing colors is the *only* difference I see, so for me, it's similar to liking CC holos and foils (sparkly!) but not their creams (so watery and streaky!).

Has anyone tried the Captain Blankenship Mermaid Mane Sea Salt Spray? I think I just want it because the bottle is cute and it has to do with mermaids..but also curious if it works well! 

Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone tried the Captain Blankenship Mermaid Mane Sea Salt Spray? I think I just want it because the bottle is cute and it has to do with mermaids..but also curious if it works well! 
I got it in my box but it's at home and I won't be there until the 25th or so. If you ask me in a week... XD;

Wheeee!!! Birchbox just emailed me through YouTube and asked to use footage from one of my unboxing videos in their 3-year Anniversary Video!  
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wheeee!!! Birchbox just emailed me through YouTube and asked to use footage from one of my unboxing videos in their 3-year Anniversary Video!  
icon_redface.gif
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing it...congrats! 
yess.gif

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The thing is that changing colors is the *only* difference I see, so for me, it's similar to liking CC holos and foils (sparkly!) but not their creams (so watery and streaky!).
See, I have a *bunch* of CC cremes, and NONE of them are 'watery and streaky'....They go on great and last a long time on me. I like getting CC in my boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm anti-Pepsi but pro-Mountain Dew.  But I will happily complain about Pepsi without differentiating between Pepsi Corp and Pepsi, the drink.  

I don't think there's anything wrong with liking one item from a company, but not another.  And it's not like Ruby Wing went around and announced that they were made by Color Club.  It'd be pretty easy to miss that.  In fact, I only know from the last time it came up on these boards.

I wouldn't be too thrilled with another CC polish, but I wouldn't mind trying a RW.  Based on the reviews, it's actually a pretty cool polish.
I have a ruby wing polish, and it seems to have a lot of the same qualities people dislike in the color club formula.  It is super goopy and hard to apply.  It is so hard for me to get thin layers with it, but with thick ones it bubbles like crazy (and I never shake polish, so I know that's not it.)  The effect is so cool though, so I put up with it.

I can see how people who don't like color club wouldn't know that they are the same brand.  If you only go to the ruby wing website, it doesn't say anything about color club that I could find (where as the CC website has a link to ruby wing).

icon_redface.gif
AWESOME! Congrats. I wish I actually liked videoing myself or else I would've submitted a video to try and get in on it. I'm awkward and hate hearing my voice recorded lmao.

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Uh oh! I just ordered that color changing polish because it sounds so unique (though I've never tried it before). I sure hope that doesn't encourage them to send me polish all the time. I know everyone is getting polish in September, but unless everyone gets it, it isn't high enough on my list for me to want it in my box very often.

Do you guys remember when we were talking about Harvey prince in the other thread? I got another coupon code for us!!! After I got my order, I emailed them, and thanked them... the guy asked me which one I liked the best. I said Fling. I actually RAVED about how much I like it. So he said, well, since it's so popular, I'll give you a code you can share with friends. (woooot!!!) So, it's the same deal as the others, only this time use the code TRYFLING to get the Fling EDP for free, just pay shipping. I am probably going to buy another one soon, because the deal is too good to pass up, and I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent!

Also... subscribing for updates! muwaha! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Uh oh! I just ordered that color changing polish because it sounds so unique (though I've never tried it before). I sure hope that doesn't encourage them to send me polish all the time. I know everyone is getting polish in September, but unless everyone gets it, it isn't high enough on my list for me to want it in my box very often.
I know a lot of people have theories about the box you get reflecting the purchases you make, but I don't think it's true.  It would make the system way too complicated.  I have gotten more polish in my box than a lot of people, and I have only made one purchase regarding nail polish, and that was the ruby wing only a few months ago.  I wouldn't worry about it if I were you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you guys remember when we were talking about Harvey prince in the other thread? I got another coupon code for us!!! After I got my order, I emailed them, and thanked them... the guy asked me which one I liked the best. I said Fling. I actually RAVED about how much I like it. So he said, well, since it's so popular, I'll give you a code you can share with friends. (woooot!!!) So, it's the same deal as the others, only this time use the code TRYFLING to get the Fling EDP for free, just pay shipping. I am probably going to buy another one soon, because the deal is too good to pass up, and I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent!

Also... subscribing for updates! muwaha! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  
ahhhhh awesome!!! i'm really thinking about ordering another sample to try out because i just love switching up perfumes, but i really really really want eau de creme.

Latest posts

Back