Birchbox September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up yesterday and they're still sending out Aug. boxes if you want them, or you can choose Sept. or Oct. I went ahead and got the Aug. box so I'll get two polishes next month. They are sending it on the 20th.

Huzzah! Updates! 
bud.gif

Ruffian Hedge Fund from Birchbox's Instagram. It looks far more beautiful on than it does in the bottle photo IMO.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ruffian Hedge Fund from Birchbox's Instagram. It looks far more beautiful on than it does in the bottle photo IMO.

Ooh, pretty.  The bottle made it look...  grayer or something boring and not worth bothering with.  Remember when people made fun of us when we wore olive green polish back in '96?  Hah!  Just way ahead of the curve over here!  

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, pretty.  The bottle made it look...  grayer or something boring and not worth bothering with.  Remember when people made fun of us when we wore olive green polish back in '96?  Hah!  Just way ahead of the curve over here!  
It really did look ugly in the bottle picture. I'm hoping Fox Hunt looks better too because I loved the shade it was in the voting picture but it looked unflattering and tacky in store picture.

How did you copy/paste pics from Instagram? I can't seem do it. I've tried using repost acct: Nope. OFF TOPIC: I was on BB website to check out more swatches on Ruffian polishes. Apparently, they just added a new nail polish company to their collection. It's called Floss Gloss. They're San Francisco company (hello neighbor!). I'm intrigued by their colors since I've been on the search for best pale blue bright pastel color. Anyway, I plan to order some but I don't know why BB left out best colors so I have to order directly from Floss Gloss website. They kinda remind me of American Apparel style.

How did you copy/paste pics from Instagram? I can't seem do it. I've tried using repost acct: Nope. OFF TOPIC: I was on BB website to check out more swatches on Ruffian polishes. Apparently, they just added a new nail polish company to their collection. It's called Floss Gloss. They're San Francisco company (hello neighbor!). I'm intrigued by their colors since I've been on the search for best pale blue bright pastel color. Anyway, I plan to order some but I don't know why BB left out best colors so I have to order directly from Floss Gloss website. They kinda remind me of American Apparel style.
To get Instagram picture. Go to the Instagram page in your browser (example: instagr.am/birchbox) and then In Firefox: Right click on the image select View Background. Copy the image's address and paste into our Embed an Image. In Internet Explorer: Right click on the image and select Save Background As and this will download your image to your computer. From there you can upload the image here on MUT using the Embed an Image. In Chrome: Right click on the image and select Save as. As with the IE version you'll be able to upload here to MUT. These are from zadi. I use a different way but its probably more complicated for people to pick up because I usually right click, select view source, and pull up the .jpg URL from the HTML. I'm just more used to thinking in terms of HTML so that's how I grab images from websites.

To get Instagram picture. Go to the Instagram page in your browser (example: instagr.am/birchbox) and then In Firefox: Right click on the image select View Background. Copy the image's address and paste into our Embed an Image. In Internet Explorer: Right click on the image and select Save Background As and this will download your image to your computer. From there you can upload the image here on MUT using the Embed an Image. In Chrome: Right click on the image and select Save as. As with the IE version you'll be able to upload here to MUT. These are from zadi. I use a different way but its probably more complicated for people to pick up because I usually right click, select view source, and pull up the .jpg URL from the HTML. I'm just more used to thinking in terms of HTML so that's how I grab images from websites.
Thanks soo much! You rock!

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by emvee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it may be a bit early for this... But my thought is maybe next months box will be themed around fashion... We could get some Marc Jacobs in our boxes along with the Ruffian polishes. It will be fashion week in NY and it is a big fashion magazine month (think about the size of Vogue's September issue). I know it's early to start guessing but it's just an idea. Dream big!
I've been waiting for the day that Birchbox would finally start sampling Marc Jacobs perfume. Who knows if it will happen but I'll keep waiting!!

I would be over the moon if Birchbox sent me Honey! But I'm not holding my breath. lol

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It reminds me of the new Urban Decay Addiction nail polish in the bottle pic, which I love but not enough to want a dupe. I'm happy to see that it is very much an olive shade rather than a grey/silver. Of the 3 Crowdsourced shades, I think I like Delirium the most with Hedge Fund running a very close second.

So excited to try a polish from BB that is NOT Color Club. I never got the Ruby Wing or anything, so I'm glad to be getting something different, guaranteed. I don't really have a color preference yet, but I'm kind of leaning towards hoping for Hedge Fund since I have my share of reds and purples. I will be a little miffed if they manage to send a sample smaller than the "full size." But I'm all for mini bottles--then I can actually use them all the way up!

Someone did mention on here that the size/amt of nail polish Ruffian sample is gonna be .12 oz/ 5ml. Saw Hedge Fund on their Instagram acct. I'm on mobile and can't copy/paste. I'm trying to remember bec I got a tiny sample from Glossybox last month Nails, Inc. it was only good for 7 manis.

Someone did mention on here that the size/amt of nail polish Ruffian sample is gonna be .12 oz/ 5ml. Saw Hedge Fund on their Instagram acct. I'm on mobile and can't copy/paste. I'm trying to remember bec I got a tiny sample from Glossybox last month Nails, Inc. it was only good for 7 manis.
Their *full size* -- that is being sold for ten bucks -- is 5ml. I don't think we know the size of the sample.

Their *full size* -- that is being sold for ten bucks -- is 5ml. I don't think we know the size of the sample.
Ohh! Thanks for the correct!! Ok sorry I missed so much posts let it alone having to catch up. Once my toddler goes back to school (later yes most went early in August) so I could read everything :).

Latest posts

Back