Birchbox September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeesh, $10 for 5mL? That's even more absurd than the other new one they introduced that was 5.5mL for $8. This is getting ridiculous. I don't think there's a lot of difference between say, 14mL and 15mL, but there's a huge difference between, say, 5mL and 15mL. That's 3x as many manicures. :

At that price, a full size (15mL) = $30! that's more expensive than the luxury brands. NOOOOO thank you
And honestly even  though they're a NY brand, I'd consider their beauty products to be unestablished IMO. Sorry y'all, but you're not Chanel.

Is it sad that I am excited to get the nail polish for the trade value only. I have a feeling there will be many people looking to collect other colors.

Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it sad that I am excited to get the nail polish for the trade value only. I have a feeling there will be many people looking to collect other colors.
Nope..  I feel the same way.  I actually caved and got a second 3 month sub with my points because it would be coming in this next box.  I can't keep Birchbox points in my account to save my life!  Haha

Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope..  I feel the same way.  I actually caved and got a second 3 month sub with my points because it would be coming in this next box.  I can't keep Birchbox points in my account to save my life!  Haha

Ha! I just joined the 2nd sub club too and seeing that these would be in our next box was definitely one of the deciding factors. Of course I'll probably end up with dupe colors because I'm awesome at jinxing things like that :-D

Is there a way to add a second one-time box w/o opening another subscription?
Gift it to yourself but it has to be a different email address. Thank goddness I'm getting two!! (I have two accounts) maybe 3 because my MIL doesn't understand Birchbox concept so she has 6 months sub so she probably give me one. I will be praying for no 3 dups !

Since we're talking about tiny nail polishes, I saw literally the tiniest bottle of nail polish at Marshall's today O_O

LOL this is the future of nail polish. from now on: $20 for this bottle! on sale at marshall's for $10 
biggrin.gif

Since we're talking about tiny nail polishes, I saw literally the tiniest bottle of nail polish at Marshall's today O_O

LOL this is the future of nail polish. from now on: $20 for this bottle! on sale at marshall's for $10 
biggrin.gif
That is crazy!  Is it made from REAL unicorns' tears?  
laughno.gif

biggrin.gif
I wouldn't even pay $5 for that. This influx of overpriced nailpolish as of lately has me really angry ahahha.

biggrin.gif
Omg LOL that doesnt even look like enough to do 1 mani.  I like at least 3-4 coats and I don't see it in there.

Hi ladies! I hate to break this. I've been reading and hearing that BB sponsoring Anne Taylor events have been terrible. Some are saying that bloggers (guest hosting) don't stay long and leave for like an hr. That, they ran out of BB before some guests were able to get it. It made sounded like bloggers got some VIP treatment. I don't know how these events work. One said other BB event was unorganized and some haven't even gotten BB gifts bec they just sold out within first 5 mins. I'd thought I'd give you the heads up. Hopefully maybe other locations may do better.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi ladies! I hate to break this. I've been reading and hearing that BB sponsoring Anne Taylor events have been terrible. Some are saying that bloggers (guest hosting) don't stay long and leave for like an hr. That, they ran out of BB before some guests were able to get it. It made sounded like bloggers got some VIP treatment. I don't know how these events work. One said other BB event was unorganized and some haven't even gotten BB gifts bec they just sold out within first 5 mins. I'd thought I'd give you the heads up. Hopefully maybe other locations may do better.
There's been varying experiences in the August Birchbox thread. It sounds like the people who had better experiences were at less crowded locations. From what I gathered based on people's descriptions though they always seem to be first come first serve, so I think speculating that they're giving preferential treatment to some could just be catty rumors from people who are mad that they didn't get something for free.

Who just caved and got a second Birchbox just for the extra Ruffian polish?  Yup.  This girl.  
arco.gif

Hopefully my profiles are different enough to get both a) different boxes and B) different colors of nail polish! 

There's been varying experiences in the August Birchbox thread. It sounds like the people who had better experiences were at less crowded locations. From what I gathered based on people's descriptions though they always seem to be first come first serve, so I think speculating that they're giving preferential treatment to some could just be catty rumors from people who are mad that they didn't get something for free.
I agree with that. I m sure some ladies were kinda catty enough to be mad for not getting anything free from waiting in a line for an hour or so. I haven't been reading the August forum since I unsubsribed it maybe I should go back and catch up. It's kinda sad that you know it's free box big deal sometimes its one of those things happens at events. I would be happy to meet people and mingle away if there was any more free gift or not.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree with that. I m sure some ladies were kinda catty enough to be mad for not getting anything free from waiting in a line for an hour or so. I haven't been reading the August forum since I unsubsribed it maybe I should go back and catch up. It's kinda sad that you know it's free box big deal sometimes its one of those things happens at events. I would be happy to meet people and mingle away if there was any more free gift or not.
I went to the Chicago one and had a great time :/  I got there right at 6, got my Birchbox(es) I grabbed one for a friend, got the Juice Beauty makeover, spent very little for a very big payoff, got the scarf, and made a friend.  I can see how people would have been frustrated, but they just really started handing out Birchboxes and you had to be there at the very beginning (there was no line)- I was lucky cause I was already toward that part of the store and I had my tickets printed.  Apparently my clerk shouldn't have given me the extra 30% on my Final Sale clearance items, but she did, I managed to get there right in time for a scarf- and I got in line at the right time to meet a new friend!  We stayed the entire time just talking after we had already been shopping and got all of the nice things.  I spent $15 for over $170 in product, plus champagne and treats.  My friend got $100 shoes for $15.. It was good for us.  If being in crowds and having to pay attention to the room to get the free perks is annoying, then BB events are probably not the way to go.. I just really paid attention to what the employees were saying (they would say how many scarves were left over their little microphones)- when they were out of birchboxes, and how low they were on food and drink.  Also, there's a code around here somewhere to skip the wait for BB, not sure what that was since I was already subscribed?

biggrin.gif
Wow is that a one time use?

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

That is crazy!  Is it made from REAL unicorns' tears?  
laughno.gif

rofl2.gif

Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went to the Chicago one and had a great time :/  I got there right at 6, got my Birchbox(es) I grabbed one for a friend, got the Juice Beauty makeover, spent very little for a very big payoff, got the scarf, and made a friend.  I can see how people would have been frustrated, but they just really started handing out Birchboxes and you had to be there at the very beginning (there was no line)- I was lucky cause I was already toward that part of the store and I had my tickets printed.  Apparently my clerk shouldn't have given me the extra 30% on my Final Sale clearance items, but she did, I managed to get there right in time for a scarf- and I got in line at the right time to meet a new friend!  We stayed the entire time just talking after we had already been shopping and got all of the nice things.  I spent $15 for over $170 in product, plus champagne and treats.  My friend got $100 shoes for $15.. It was good for us.  If being in crowds and having to pay attention to the room to get the free perks is annoying, then BB events are probably not the way to go.. I just really paid attention to what the employees were saying (they would say how many scarves were left over their little microphones)- when they were out of birchboxes, and how low they were on food and drink.  Also, there's a code around here somewhere to skip the wait for BB, not sure what that was since I was already subscribed?
I'm soo glad that you made a new friend at the event. That's one of those things I love the most about events is to meet people and network. Sometimes, you'll never know what you end up with. You're lucky to have the ability to eavesdrop into conversations which I can't. I agree with you about paying more attention to details on crowds VS food VS drinks VS supplies on BB and scarves. How does a scarf look like? I don't remember; is it like blue/white style? Yeah, when it comes to free perks can be annoying because people tend to be very grubbish and pushy that kinda ruins the fun ambiance of an event. Overall, glad to hear that you had a good experience! Maybe, either BB or Anne Taylor may need to do a better job for these events. I think it's partially the store management because I remember when I worked for PUMA; we had a fashion show so it was mostly the store manager having to run the show. Maybe event planning is not always a main strength for a store manager. 

Back