Birchbox September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Waaaay back in, hmm, 1984 or '85, Cutex had itty bitty sample vials, probably about 2ml. I vividly remember getting a super bright cherry red and painting my nails with it while listening to _Like a Virgin_, which had just come out a couple of months earlier. I haven't seen nail polish vials that small since, and I keep wondering when they will make a comeback.
I love how you have such a vivid memory of that day. Haha!

For a size comparison, the Ruffian nail polish is .17 fl oz, which is smaller than the tiny Sally Girl polishes at Sally Beauty. The Sally Girl is .18 fl oz. Oy. The "full size" option is tiny, so I can't to see how microscopic the sample is.
Maybe in a little disposable dropper. Enough for half a finger. LOL I'd love to read the responses on FB if they did that.

XD; well, let's not get too hasty. So 1/8fl oz = 3.75mL or the size of a S!OPI mini, if you've ever gotten those. Those are good for between 3-5 manicures, depending on how you want the layers. So not great, but not bad.

I got these estimates based on Julep's bottle actually (you can see the drop so easily) but 8mL ~= 11 manis. So 15mL ~= 20-25 manis. 5mL would be about... 5-7 maybe. So you'd get a few, but it's also still $10. : Why wouldn't you get something else.

That being said, I want both Delirium and Hedgefund. I will trade people for it next month XD

XD; well, let's not get too hasty. So 1/8fl oz = 3.75mL or the size of a S!OPI mini, if you've ever gotten those. Those are good for between 3-5 manicures, depending on how you want the layers. So not great, but not bad. I got these estimates based on Julep's bottle actually (you can see the drop so easily) but 8mL ~= 11 manis. So 15mL ~= 20-25 manis. 5mL would be about... 5-7 maybe. So you'd get a few, but it's also still $10. : Why wouldn't you get something else. That being said, I want both Delirium and Hedgefund. I will trade people for it next month XD
I want the fox hunt and don't like the hedgefund so I will definitely trade with you l

I like Hedge Fund, but I am not tempted to buy any of the others.  I'll see what I get in my box and whether I like the formula before I consider buying that one.  I'm okay with the smaller bottle because I have never in my life gone through an entire bottle of polish (not including base/top coats), not even a smaller bottle like the Color Club or Zoya minis.

OK slightly off topic, but still a Birchbox thing...

I am throwing away this stupid Benta Berry Moisturizer!  I tried to love it, and it smells SO GOOD, but it is balling up into little weird bits all over my face.  I've worn it a few times (thinking maybe it would work better depending on the time of day I applied it) but I refuse to attend my kids' Back To School Night tonight looking like my face is trying to escape off my head!  

*stomps off to wash face and throw away the offending tube of moisturizer*

/endrant  
soap.gif

OK slightly off topic, but still a Birchbox thing... I am throwing away this stupid Benta Berry Moisturizer!  I tried to love it, and it smells SO GOOD, but it is balling up into little weird bits all over my face.  I've worn it a few times (thinking maybe it would work better depending on the time of day I applied it) but I refuse to attend my kids' Back To School Night tonight looking like my face is trying to escape off my head!   *stomps off to wash face and throw away the offending tube of moisturizer* /endrant  
soap.gif
I already got rid of mine. It's not enough moisture to wear to bed, and I think maybe it only works if you wear it alone? It even balled up when I wore it under just sunscreen :|

OK slightly off topic, but still a Birchbox thing... I am throwing away this stupid Benta Berry Moisturizer!  I tried to love it, and it smells SO GOOD, but it is balling up into little weird bits all over my face.  I've worn it a few times (thinking maybe it would work better depending on the time of day I applied it) but I refuse to attend my kids' Back To School Night tonight looking like my face is trying to escape off my head!   *stomps off to wash face and throw away the offending tube of moisturizer* /endrant  
soap.gif
This keeps happening when I use the DDF. I keep thinking it's from the cotton balls I use for toner, but it's never happened before using the DDF though.

Face washed!  So much happier now!  It was balling up even with no other products, and yeah, I really need an SPF moisturizer during the day!

I'm wearing the Coola mineral SPF 20 now from my Ipsy July bag.  I loved the cucumber SPF 30 from my May BB.  I have 2 tubes of the Rose SPF 20 tinted to work through next. Hopefully Coola appears on Hautelook before I run out!  They're definitely one of my new favorites, but they're a bit expensive!

If we're each guaranteed one per both though, it might be worth it for me to get another box then hm, since they're all $10 each anyway. > so tiny, you might as well get 4 other samples with it. *checks old account* well, i have 16 points on that one... that's like $1.60 XD; I'd get probably around 60 points with a box... then i can cancel. I'd need another box, but the 16 points are going to expire in October sigh w/e

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Face washed!  So much happier now!  It was balling up even with no other products, and yeah, I really need an SPF moisturizer during the day!

I'm wearing the Coola mineral SPF 20 now from my Ipsy July bag.  I loved the cucumber SPF 30 from my May BB.  I have 2 tubes of the Rose SPF 20 tinted to work through next. Hopefully Coola appears on Hautelook before I run out!  They're definitely one of my new favorites, but they're a bit expensive!
I could be totally wrong but I swear I saw Coola on Hautelook in the last week or so. 

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK slightly off topic, but still a Birchbox thing...

I am throwing away this stupid Benta Berry Moisturizer!  I tried to love it, and it smells SO GOOD, but it is balling up into little weird bits all over my face.  I've worn it a few times (thinking maybe it would work better depending on the time of day I applied it) but I refuse to attend my kids' Back To School Night tonight looking like my face is trying to escape off my head!  

*stomps off to wash face and throw away the offending tube of moisturizer*

/endrant  
soap.gif
It is so weird...I have heard everybody say that about the Benta. I didn't have any trouble with it balling up except on one occasion that I tried to use the Benefit 15 hour primer on top. I was able to use up the sample, but I certainly didn't like it enough to buy it. I didn't think it was that moisturizing.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is so weird...I have heard everybody say that about the Benta. I didn't have any trouble with it balling up except on one occasion that I tried to use the Benefit 15 hour primer on top. I was able to use up the sample, but I certainly didn't like it enough to buy it. I didn't think it was that moisturizing.
Same, I had no problem with it what-so-ever. But didn't find it so wonderful that I'd buy it, I rarely buy moisturizers because I think they're all largely the SAME.  

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same, I had no problem with it what-so-ever. But didn't find it so wonderful that I'd buy it, I rarely buy moisturizers because I think they're all largely the SAME.  

I think it was definitely a skin-type issue.  I have picky, sensitive, combination skin.  Beauty subs have really opened me up to different products working differently on my skin!  My finicky face loves Coola & Origins, is OK with Juice Beauty, and despises Benta Berry (or G-1, whatever the heck the actual company name is).  

Apparently I have hipster skin.  It loves organic skincare from small(er) companies.

YES! My three favorite colors got picked :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Though Fox Hunt is more red and less yellow-orange than I had hoped. I liked the way it looked in the picture more?

Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by sldb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For a size comparison, the Ruffian nail polish is .17 fl oz, which is smaller than the tiny Sally Girl polishes at Sally Beauty. The Sally Girl is .18 fl oz. Oy. The "full size" option is tiny, so I can't to see how microscopic the sample is.
Maybe in a little disposable dropper. Enough for half a finger. LOL I'd love to read the responses on FB if they did that.

rofl2.gif
 the fb mob would be out for blood
bang.gif

Back