Birchbox Shipping/OOS/Warehouse Issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My latest box from BB was strange. There was a plain brown box with the BB shipping label ripped off the BB logo box, taped onto the plain box and inside was the BB logo box almost crushed flat! I was positive my items were going to be destroyed, but whoever packed the box did a great job the items were bubble wrapped twice and tightly taped shut. In the past I received boxes with more fragile items thrown in the box w/o any wrapping. Ex nail polish that destroyed an entire boxes contents. So it looks like they are learning to pack things better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought some items cashing in all of my points.  The items were a bust- hand cream that smelled like play doh. I called CS and was reassured that I could return everything and get my points back. I shipped everything using their label on December 23. My account still shows zero points. I emailed at the beginning of January and was told to expect delays because of the holiday.  Even if I don't count Dec 24,25,26, 31 and Jan 1, it's been ten business days. Would it make me a jerk to send another email? 

I bought some items cashing in all of my points.  The items were a bust- hand cream that smelled like play doh. I called CS and was reassured that I could return everything and get my points back. I shipped everything using their label on December 23. My account still shows zero points. I emailed at the beginning of January and was told to expect delays because of the holiday.  Even if I don't count Dec 24,25,26, 31 and Jan 1, it's been ten business days. Would it make me a jerk to send another email? 
I would follow up.  I have returned a few things to BB over the years, including during the non-holiday season, and they have always been slow with return processing.  I think I have had to email them about it every single time!

ETA: Usually, I will wait the 10 business days, email, and they will process the return right away after I ask them about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting on an order to update on a package that shipped a week ago.  The USPS and birchbox are telling me to wait longer.  Ughhhh, I just want my stuff :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I keep getting my birchbox "arch nemesis" everytime I have a problem and she does nothing. Nothing at all. My birchbox man was screwed and no resolution, and now my full size orders are screwing up.  They also sent my package using the wrong method, smfh. No hazmat items or anything.

Still waiting on an order to update on a package that shipped a week ago.  The USPS and birchbox are telling me to wait longer.  Ughhhh, I just want my stuff :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I keep getting my birchbox "arch nemesis" everytime I have a problem and she does nothing. Nothing at all. My birchbox man was screwed and no resolution, and now my full size orders are screwing up.  They also sent my package using the wrong method, smfh. No hazmat items or anything.
I'd call and ask to talk to a supervisor and explain the situation and ask them what they can do to fix it. I keep hearing their phone CS is better than their email CS on problem issues.

I'd call and ask to talk to a supervisor and explain the situation and ask them what they can do to fix it. I keep hearing their phone CS is better than their email CS on problem issues.
Thanks.  I sent an e-mail last week, tried to reach them on facebook and twitter with no luck, and left a voicemail since they weren't available.  They followed up via e-mail since I was at work and I missed their call.  I'm just over birchbox and usps blowing me off.

In my recent order, one of the items (box of tea) wasn't included in the shipment. I paid for it, but it now shows out of stock on the product page. Why did they take my money for something if they didn't have the inventory. I would be okay if they had sent me a message to say it was backordered or something, but I haven't heard anything. I emailed to see what's going on. Their stuff seems to take so long to come back into stock I don't want to wait a month for something I've already paid for.

Update already: They said the tea is out of stock and they refunded me and gave me 100 sorry points. I'm happy with that, but I do wonder if they would have just kept my money and not done anything if I hadn't written to them. Usually companies keep on top of their own inventory and reach out to customers when something isn't available.

Ordered an amika wand in the acetastic sale. Clutch clasp was broken and the heat glove is missing. Seems to me I got someone's returned wand... I emailed. We'll see what they say.

-1 for birchbox customer service. They avoided my question and gave me sorry points for an unresolved issue.

I re-subscribed on my 2nd account on 2/23 and the $10 charge went through.  I expected my February box to ship 2/28 because I un-sub and re-sub a lot and 9 out of 10 times it ships on the 5th day after I re-sub (unless I re-sub on the 1st of the month, then there tends to be issues), but I haven't gotten a shipping notice and my account has a non-clicky truck that says March Box Shipping Information.  There was not charge on March 1st, eventhough I am still subscribed.  I just realized the card I use for that account has a $0 balance.  Uh oh.  I should not be getting a March box based on that.  Totally my fault for not paying attention to the card balance.  I am going to call them in a bit.  I want my February box on my 2nd account.  There's nothing on my account warning me I need to update my card.  I wonder what's going on.  

So I ordered some tea during the Hiberate sale and I called a week later after nothing was showing up on tracking a week after it shipped.  The CS agent gave me 100 sorry points and put in another order on expedited UPS.  Well, I got my order in my mailbox a few days later, thinking that was the order she put in for me.  Now more than a week later UPS shows up with the replacement tea.  Well, there's been heavy snowfall in the NYC area where I am so I don't blame them for anything.  Happy to have the extra tea (I don't think I'll contact them about returning the extra because it was a very small order of tea, probably worth less than return ship fees). 

Any one else ever had email issues with Birchbox? Back in December I changed the email on one of my accounts. A week or so later I noticed I wasn't receiving any emails. I looked at my account and my email had a typo. I corrected and updated the account. 3 months later I'm still not getting shipping emails, pys emails, promotions, etc. I've emailed BB 5 times now. 4 times they said the issue was fixed.

Today they said that on Decemeber 18th 2014 they sent an email that got returned with a gmail error code. The error code said the email address didn't exsist and there was probably a typo in it. They said I needed to fix this with gmail! I have repeatedly told them I accidentally put in the wrong address and corrected it a week later. I don't think it ever updated in their system.

So frustrated. Why did they tell me 4 times that the problem was fixed if they hadn't even TRIED to send an email since December.....

Not an "issue" per-se, but I sure freaking wish they would stop sending me items they've already sent me for my mystery pick two.  =(  I get so excited only to open them and it's stuff I already had and didn't care for.  

My order came with no mystery sample pack as far I could tell. Then I noticed a weird thick roll of bubble wrap on my living room floor. What happened to the little plastic baggies? 

I love Birchbox and other than 1 missing item in a previous shipment (the Conscious Commerce box was missing the gym pouch thing. . they took care of it right away and sent me the pouch separately), I haven't had any 'bad' luck with BB shipping.   

But I notice lately that tons of things are listed on their website as "out of stock."   I don't know if they just carry low inventory or if they don't prepare for the demand on certain items.  Almost all the Rifle Paper Co. things are out of stock, the S'well water bottles, Kusmi tea. . .I could go on and on.  What is going on over there!?  Or has this always been a problem?   

Man, I feel like such a problem child! Almost every order I place arrives with some sort of issue, usually a spilled or damaged item. Even one of my boxes this month had a spilled item (BP oil all over everything) -- I didn't even bother emailing them, I didn't feel like it warranted a new box or points. But it's still an "issue", you know?

The order I received today, my cleanser leaked all over everything. Only about 1/10th of the bottle spilled, and everything was fine after a quick rinse, but it's still super annoying. I emailed them to alert them that this particular cleanser doesn't appear to seal well and could probably use some extra packaging like a bag. I also told them that I don't feel like it necessarily warrants points or a replacement item since so little spilled.

My order came pretty fast, in less than 6 days, so I'm happy with that.   I had four smallish things at the bottom of a huge box with the big air bubble things over the top.  Everything arrived in OK shape, but the way it was packed allowed everything to roll around the bottom. 

My mystery sample pack included two little cardboard packets of Oscar De La Renta body wash and a vial of the Ojon rare oil. I'm 'meh' on the body wash but excited to try the rare oil.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the oil and Delarenta too.  

But my Nexxus conditioner had leaked.  They took care of it immediately and another is on the way.  (I would have been fine with points.) 

Latest posts

Back