• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Birchbox Swap September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have: Ruffian Delirium and Benefit Sugarbomb gloss Want: Ruffian Hedgefund plus something else interesting I really would like to swap these two together to save on shipping. If you're interested please PM me.
Just PM you

Will Have: ETA 9/14/13

Beauty Protector Shampoo

Beauty Protector Conditioner

Want:

Eyeko Macara

Mally Mascara

Try me!  I am a lover of lots of beauty things!

Have eyeko black mascara and Serget norm hairspray that I want to trade for Gardner hand lotion Any lip gloss from bb sept. box Perfume sample from bb sept box Dry shampoo The half up hair accessory Pearly whites swipes

Just a warning to those of you wanting/shipping the Caudalie cleansing water make-up remover. I shipped mine today from the post-office to another user, and they charged me $6 to ship it ground because it has "alcohol." I'm not sure if it is because of my state or what, but I just thought I would let you all know! If anyone knows of a better way to ship items like these, please let me know!!

Just a warning to those of you wanting/shipping the Caudalie cleansing water make-up remover. I shipped mine today from the post-office to another user, and they charged me $6 to ship it ground because it has "alcohol." I'm not sure if it is because of my state or what, but I just thought I would let you all know! If anyone knows of a better way to ship items like these, please let me know!!
Good to know, thanks.

Yikes! I wonder that applies to perfumes and aerosol cans. I'm trading a hairspray pretty soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by McMacy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wait, seriously? I looked at the ingredients on bb- and there's no pure alcohol in it, there's Fragrance in it (which could be alcohol based)- but the amount that be added would be so ridiculously small, that it would fall way under the limits for ground vs air shipping...  man, I think your post office wanted to make some easy cash..
wink.gif

Water, Glycerin*, Poloxamer 188, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Capryl/Capramidopropyl Betaine, Cocoyl Proline*, Methylpropanediol, Sodium Chloride, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Parfum (Fragrance), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Phenylpropanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate. *Plant origin

wait, seriously? I looked at the ingredients on bb- and there's no pure alcohol in it, there's Fragrance in it (which could be alcohol based)- but the amount that be added would be so ridiculously small, that it would fall way under the limits for ground vs air shipping...  man, I think your post office wanted to make some easy cash.. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> $6.00 huh? Yowzer!! I spent $1.83 to send nail polish from MD to FL. Water, Glycerin*, Poloxamer 188, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Capryl/Capramidopropyl Betaine, Cocoyl Proline*, Methylpropanediol, Sodium Chloride, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Parfum (Fragrance), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Phenylpropanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate. *Plant origin

Yikes! I wonder that applies to perfumes and aerosol cans. I'm trading a hairspray pretty soon.
Yes it does. I believe it started the first of the year but any aerosol can, perfume, nail polish, or (apparently) liquid with alcohol have to be shipped ground which is much more expensive. A package I mailed would have been $2.06 was $5.?? because of a tiny perfume vial.

Quote: Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes it does. I believe it started the first of the year but any aerosol can, perfume, nail polish, or (apparently) liquid with alcohol have to be shipped ground which is much more expensive. A package I mailed would have been $2.06 was $5.?? because of a tiny perfume vial.
I ship stuff all the time and tell the PO about hair spray, nail polish, etc. and I don't ever have to pay that much.

Yeah, she said the glycerin wasn't allowed
fad.gif
. Interestingly, I also shipped nail polish but I had already wrapped it up so it slid through.

Is there a way to go back to edit a post that is a couple days old? I could also delete it and repost, if that is easier to do. Hoping I'm just missing something here. Thanks!

I ship stuff all the time and tell the PO about hair spray, nail polish, etc. and I don't ever have to pay that much.
I don't know. In January the guys at the post office I go to showed me a paper with the new rules. It said those items had to ship ground and ground has always been that expensive to me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is there a way to go back to edit a post that is a couple days old? I could also delete it and repost, if that is easier to do. Hoping I'm just missing something here. Thanks!

You can only edit posts for the first 24 hours. The best way to update your swap list is to quote the original post and make adjustments.

Quote: Originally Posted by BagLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am getting Box 42 on both of my accounts. (GRRRR)

Looking to trade 1 of the boxes entire contents:

Serge Luxe HairSpray

Ruffian Nail Polish

Eyeko Black Magic Mascara

BCBG Perfume Sample

Mereadesso Moisturizer Sample

Also looking to trade the Serge Luxe HairSpray & Ruffian Nail Polish from my 2nd box.

Items I'm looking for:

YES wipes,

Caudalie makeup remover *Really want

Caudalie hand cream *Really want

Beauty Protector Shampoo & Conditioner

Not sure of the nail polish colors yet. should get my box tomorrow.

I still have 1 Fox Hunt nail polish, 1 Serge HairSpray, both Mereadesso Moisturizers, and the BCBG Perfume Samples

I also have the Michael Tood Pumpkin Mask from last month's Ipsy as well as other items on my Trade list.

I'm still loooking for the following:

Caudalie makeup remover

Caudalie hand cream *Really want

(more) YES wipes

Back