Birchbox: The December boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a great idea about buying samples that you didn't get!  There are often times that I miss out on a sample, but don't want to buy the full size without trying it out.  Thanks for making the suggestion!

Originally Posted by brandyboop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was disappointed with my BB box, since I got box 9 and it didn't contain the Benefit Porefessional (which it originally looked like it would).  I also didn't receive my box until yesterday. I do have to say, though, I got a phone call from Ally and she understood my frustration.  To my knowledge they awarded those of us with really late boxes 100 points (so if you are a monthly subscriber, your box was free), for someone like me who is a yearly sub, I get $10 more to spend.  I mentioned to Ally that I would love it if they would offer samples to buy, so that when someone saw a box with a sample they would like to try, they would have the option of buying the sample size from the store.  I told her, I would really be interested in that, because in this month's boxes there are 2 samples, that I would love to try (the Porefessional and the By Terry Hyaluronic face glow).  I'm always looking for something to cover these huge crater pores and something that can take focus off of baggy raccoon eyes!  She said that she thought it was a great idea and would pass it along to the creative team.  I hope they do something like this, because I know of a bunch of samples from previous boxes that I would have used my points (or spent my money) on just to try out! 

I used the last of my points the other day. Since June I've earned 1000 pt ($100) and here's what I've bought.

Birchbox Man ($45) for 500 pts (losing basically 50 pts or $5 worth of products for not knowing to stick something else to make it close to 500 pts as possible). The BBMan box contained a Skullcandy Holua Earbuds valued at almost $70 so even though I "paid" 500 pts ($50) I still think I got a good deal since I basically got the earbuds for free.

Beauty Blender Travel Kit ($23.95)
Anastasia Line Erasing Serum ($45.00) (LOVE, LOVE this stuff, I had a sample packet from Sephora and didn't know a little goes a long ways so I wasted the entire packet on my face but hey least my skin was completely line free, lol)

Jurlique Rose Love Balm ($6.50)

Total $75.45. Use the promo code BBLOVE to get $20 plus my remaining 500 pts ($50) so my out of pocket was $5.45.

I got 5 pts back (1 pt per $1 actually spent out of pocket).

I received an update email. They're shipping me a new box and the tracking number that they provided works, yay! They also mentioned the BBLOVE coupon code.

This may have been answered in another Birchbox thread before, but do the Birchbox points expire? I've got about 300 stocked up in my account and I don't want to wait too long to use them if that is the case.

Points expire 365 days from the date they were earned.

Originally Posted by heyitsrilee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This may have been answered in another Birchbox thread before, but do the Birchbox points expire? I've got about 300 stocked up in my account and I don't want to wait too long to use them if that is the case.

When you use some of your points on a full size item which points does it use? Your oldest points, or the new ones?

I had 300 points and spent 200 of them, but I'm not sure if it took the oldest points available or the most recent.

Originally Posted by Ultracitrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Points expire 365 days from the date they were earned.

Yay! I emailed about the picture issue with box #9 and how I was pretty disappointed not to get the Benefit primer that was previously pictured. They didn't offer up any points, but asked if there was anything they could do for me. I told them that someone else on this forum had emailed Paulina about the same issue and she had compensated them with 100 points. I felt bad asking for 100, but mentioned that some points would make me feel a lot better. They gave me 50, which put me up to 205!

I get being disappointed about the change, but I got box 2. It was supposed to be the same as box 9, but no BeFine. That seemed a little unfair to me that one box got exactly the same thing as another box, but another item making a total of 7. Just seemed like an honest mistake to me that they corrected as soon as they figured it out.

Originally Posted by JacksBruisedEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! I emailed about the picture issue with box #9 and how I was pretty disappointed not to get the Benefit primer that was previously pictured. They didn't offer up any points, but asked if there was anything they could do for me. I told them that someone else on this forum had emailed Paulina about the same issue and she had compensated them with 100 points. I felt bad asking for 100, but mentioned that some points would make me feel a lot better. They gave me 50, which put me up to 205!

No worries, there were only 6 items in box 9, I think everyone got 6 items this month.

Originally Posted by thetalambda2002 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get being disappointed about the change, but I got box 2. It was supposed to be the same as box 9, but no BeFine. That seemed a little unfair to me that one box got exactly the same thing as another box, but another item making a total of 7. Just seemed like an honest mistake to me that they corrected as soon as they figured it out.

So I placed an order on the 20th using some of the compensated points from BB last week for the delay. I live in California and received my order today! But still no box from them??? Should I say something? 

I would maybe email, but, how was the order you placed shipped?  Was it first class or priority?  The regular boxes go through streamlite, which takes longer then average mail.

Originally Posted by thefauxlife /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I placed an order on the 20th using some of the compensated points from BB last week for the delay. I live in California and received my order today! But still no box from them??? Should I say something? 

My daughter's box came (she ended up with box 1) and everything that was a liquid came frozen. lol Got to love this weather and how slow Streamlite is.

Still waiting on my box too.  According to tracking, it is still in N.J. waiting to be shipped out.  And, same as some others, totally different box.  I was really looking forward to the Ageless perfume sample, and even e-mailed Harvey Prince to request one, but no luck.  They only sell "samples" for $12.  I will see what I actually get in my box and then try to trade for the perfume if anyone has one left.  (My sister-in-law got it, so at least I can smell hers to make sure I like it before I try to trade for it.)  I did just sign up last month, so I expected to be one of the later ones.  Just wanted to let people know they aren't the only ones still waiting.  Hope you all have a nice holiday weekend.

Standard shipping and it came thru USPS.Still no box this month. Even though it's apparently in route to my area?  

My box came on the 23rd. It's alright. I was only mildly interested in what they had to offer this month. THe Olie oil and the POREfessional both look interesting. 

i got the ageless...   its GREAT..  i plan on buying it when i get enough points.... i hope you can find a sample.. 

Originally Posted by HollyF /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still waiting on my box too.  According to tracking, it is still in N.J. waiting to be shipped out.  And, same as some others, totally different box.  I was really looking forward to the Ageless perfume sample, and even e-mailed Harvey Prince to request one, but no luck.  They only sell "samples" for $12.  I will see what I actually get in my box and then try to trade for the perfume if anyone has one left.  (My sister-in-law got it, so at least I can smell hers to make sure I like it before I try to trade for it.)  I did just sign up last month, so I expected to be one of the later ones.  Just wanted to let people know they aren't the only ones still waiting.  Hope you all have a nice holiday weekend.

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box came on the 23rd. It's alright. I was only mildly interested in what they had to offer this month. THe Olie oil and the POREfessional both look interesting. 

I used the Olie Skincare Oil so that I could review it accurately for my bb points. It smells so strongly of I something, maybe camphor. I rubbed some on the back of my hand and had a headache within a few minutes from the strong smell. I'm not hypersensitive to smell usually but I can only imagine the stench induced headache this could have given me had I used it on my face. I think I'll just stick to moisturizing with coconut oil, it's cheaper and non scented and absorbs better.

Back