Bleh! I'm overwhelmed by MMU. I need help.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you may also be using the wrong color - if the minerals look chalky....try a darker color. i absolutely love the wet application techniques!!!

i am intrigued now about philosophy's line but always have a hard time getting a color match with my yellow/golden toned skin....

good luck!

simisimi100 - Yes, I noticed the shades seemed dark on my monitor, so I figured it was just my monitor. Thank goodness I'm such a light shade that I generally make a correct choice when I choose the lightest cool tone available.
smile.gif

maggosienne - This is about the third time I've read about someone mentioning Lily Lolo. I'll definitely have to add it to my list of brands to sample.
smile.gif
At the moment, I'm sampling EDM, and I have samples of Monave and Lumiere coming next.
smile.gif
Hmm, have you tried normal distilled water instead of the thermal water? If you have, is there a difference between the two? I'm hoping that distilled water will have the same effect as the pricier items like Fix+, rose water, thermal water, etc.

Yeah, I have no plans of trying BE. I've heard too many stories about the bismuth to make me want to tamper with it--that, and as you said, the price is outrageous compared to other brands now.

I usually use a tinted moisturizer before I apply the MMU. I'm looking for more coverage at the moment, so I really don't want to create a tinted moisturizer until I at least find a brand and coverage that I love.
smile.gif
Thanks for the advice, though.

Too light of a color? Hmm, I'll have to try an Ivory 2 instead of an Ivory 1. I believe in the samples I ordered from Lumiere and Monave, I got two different light shades, on darker than the other, so perhaps this will help with this possible problem. I'll have to double check what I ordered.

Originally Posted by mandilly /img/forum/go_quote.gif simisimi100 - Yes, I noticed the shades seemed dark on my monitor, so I figured it was just my monitor. Thank goodness I'm such a light shade that I generally make a correct choice when I choose the lightest cool tone available.
smile.gif

maggosienne - This is about the third time I've read about someone mentioning Lily Lolo. I'll definitely have to add it to my list of brands to sample.
smile.gif
At the moment, I'm sampling EDM, and I have samples of Monave and Lumiere coming next.
smile.gif
Hmm, have you tried normal distilled water instead of the thermal water? If you have, is there a difference between the two? I'm hoping that distilled water will have the same effect as the pricier items like Fix+, rose water, thermal water, etc.

Yeah, I have no plans of trying BE. I've heard too many stories about the bismuth to make me want to tamper with it--that, and as you said, the price is outrageous compared to other brands now.

I usually use a tinted moisturizer before I apply the MMU. I'm looking for more coverage at the moment, so I really don't want to create a tinted moisturizer until I at least find a brand and coverage that I love.
smile.gif
Thanks for the advice, though.

Too light of a color? Hmm, I'll have to try an Ivory 2 instead of an Ivory 1. I believe in the samples I ordered from Lumiere and Monave, I got two different light shades, on darker than the other, so perhaps this will help with this possible problem. I'll have to double check what I ordered.

remember!you have to take a color that you think its darker. becose the monitor is laying..

have a great day!!!

you going to love that!!!

Back