Blush Beauty Box Jan 2015 Spoilers and Discussions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything is small. I don't see how this could possibly add up to $100. Well let's add it up!

Cover FX BB gel 5ml $7.50

Cargo essential lip gloss $14.00 full size

Skinmedica dermal repair cream .13oz $4.09

Avene cleanance gel $12.95 sale price full size

Medicell labs advanced moisture eye mask duo 2 patches $10

Glominerals glolip stick in spark $17

Talika bio enzymes mask in hydrating $12

Weleda oat replenishing sample $3?

Hydroxatone headband, I can't find this anywhere. It looks like a promotional product $5?

Total=85.54 which I can't even believe. I was being generous with sample prices

IMG_20150108_004621.jpg

Everything is small. I don't see how this could possibly add up to $100. Well let's add it up!

Cover FX BB gel 5ml $7.50

Cargo essential lip gloss $14.00 full size

Skinmedica dermal repair cream .13oz $4.09

Avene cleanance gel $12.95 sale price full size

Medicell labs advanced moisture eye mask duo 2 patches $10

Glominerals glolip stick in spark $17

Talika bio enzymes mask in hydrating $12

Weleda oat replenishing sample $3?

Hydroxatone headband, I can't find this anywhere. It looks like a promotional product $5?

Total=85.54 which I can't even believe. I was being generous with sample prices
Thanx for doing the run down, I have the flu and zero energy.  They should have used some of Decembers in this box.  Consistency is always better.  

That promotional headband, they are likely putting a $20 value on it, true?  They can call it whatever they like since it is not listed anywhere...

Anyways, I will call this a sucky box and not the norm, and hope things improve next month.  I have been pleased otherwise.  Fingers crossed this isn't a downtrend.  But it seems like they are clearing their warehouse out.  Is this an early spring cleaning, signs of financial problems, or are we nearing the end of this sub?

Are you guys going to stick it out another month and see what Feb. brings? I haven't received my box yet so still not sure. True, I can use the headband when washing my face, I guess that's useful and not something I've received in a sub box before. The skincare is nice but small. I really do like the Avene cleanser so it will get used but repeats just makes the box feel not exciting. Maybe I'm subbed out because none of the January boxes are wowing me... its not just Blush (but this box is pretty bad).

Hmm. . .this box isn't looking so hot.  Mine should be here any day, so I guess I'll reserve judgement until I actually get it.  They've already committed one big foul by sending a duplicate product two months in a row.

If it's not the $100 value advertised, I think we should all contact customer service and ask them about it.  This box is all over the place anymore and it's probably best for me to just cancel. It's easy to resubscribe every month anyway.  

Thanx for doing the run down, I have the flu and zero energy.  They should have used some of Decembers in this box.  Consistency is always better.  

That promotional headband, they are likely putting a $20 value on it, true?  They can call it whatever they like since it is not listed anywhere...

Anyways, I will call this a sucky box and not the norm, and hope things improve next month.  I have been pleased otherwise.  Fingers crossed this isn't a downtrend.  But it seems like they are clearing their warehouse out.  Is this an early spring cleaning, signs of financial problems, or are we nearing the end of this sub?
Target bought Dermstore last year so I doubt it financial issues

Target bought Dermstore last year so I doubt it financial issues
Right, but I am certain they keep both branches seperate. And if this part goes belly up, they will drop it. I imagine that's why it was sold in the first place. Target saw potential in the high end market and is taking a chance. But they won't support it for too long if they can' t show a decent profit. They are already showing lack of interest in their promotion and advertising of this box. The FB page for it is basically dead. Not a good sign...
If they want a lot of advertising, give us full spoilers before they ship. That'ts what kept the talk of this box alive. Now it is almost like they try to sneak the boxes out when we aren't noticing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you guys going to stick it out another month and see what Feb. brings? I haven't received my box yet so still not sure. True, I can use the headband when washing my face, I guess that's useful and not something I've received in a sub box before. The skincare is nice but small. I really do like the Avene cleanser so it will get used but repeats just makes the box feel not exciting. Maybe I'm subbed out because none of the January boxes are wowing me... its not just Blush (but this box is pretty bad).
They have replied to some of the negative posts on FB. Saying they will make it up to the buyer because of the repeat & negative box reviews. So, maybe they will give us a nice Feb box? If not, dropping them next month. 

They have replied to some of the negative posts on FB. Saying they will make it up to the buyer because of the repeat & negative box reviews. So, maybe they will give us a nice Feb box? If not, dropping them next month.
Oh ok, good to know! Sounds like a good plan. I'll stick it out one more month too. February better blow us away.

No one else here seemed to notice or care that they already cut us back to one foil sample vs. 2.  Didn't anyone else miss this besides me?  Usually I don't care for foils, but I do for the higher end ones.

Right, but I am certain they keep both branches seperate. And if this part goes belly up, they will drop it. I imagine that's why it was sold in the first place. Target saw potential in the high end market and is taking a chance. But they won't support it for too long if they can' t show a decent profit. They are already showing lack of interest in their promotion and advertising of this box. The FB page for it is basically dead. Not a good sign...

If they want a lot of advertising, give us full spoilers before they ship. That'ts what kept the talk of this box alive. Now it is almost like they try to sneak the boxes out when we aren't noticing.
True. 

Got mine and there is no way it's $100.

No one else here seemed to notice or care that they already cut us back to one foil sample vs. 2.  Didn't anyone else miss this besides me?  Usually I don't care for foils, but I do for the higher end ones.
 I got two- one was a two or three use Waleda shampoo.

Uggghh. I just cancelled. Blush is just way to inconsistent for me. I have to see spoilers before I buy a box with them from now on. I adored my blush box last month. This month is just so boring. I'm doing the 100 day no-buy anyway so this helps my budget.

Ughhh...  They sent out an email today and if I wasn't angry, I am now.  We are sorry "some" boxes got duplicates.  So here, we are giving you a coupon that we hand out every other day.  $10 off $50 (20% off). My impression?    Please shop in our store to make it up to us er I mean you.

Ughhh...  They sent out an email today and if I wasn't angry, I am now.  We are sorry "some" boxes got duplicates.  So here, we are giving you a coupon that we hand out every other day.  $10 off $50 (20% off). My impression?    Please shop in our store to make it up to us er I mean you.
Seriously? I didn't get that e-mail but that is just ridiculous.

I posted some rudeness to their facebook page. Go join me.

Want some ammo?  Wanna know why this last box looked like it came from a bargain basement table?  Because they don't curate squat!  It is whatever is left over from companies that they can get at discount.  How do I know this?  My last box had a small Glossybox sticker that would have likely fit on that shimmer oil.  Glossy gave that away a very very long time ago.  Thus why we are getting old and expired stuff.  I can remember getting a sample of an expensive face cream that was yellow/brownish.   And remember the expired Mcnamera BB cream?  They also took the Pureliss face cream out of the box which would have had the expiration date on it.  What about the BB cream we got this time around?  That shade would not have worked for one person at my work today.  I could not give it away to anyone.  If they were seeking Blush customers purposely they would have given a lighter one.  It looks all old and separated in the small clear ring.  Considering this, we were better off with the hair care products.  Anyways, remember this the next time you get an undesirable color/shade of something. 

Seriously? I didn't get that e-mail but that is just ridiculous.
I am clueless why everyone didn't get this email.  What kills me even more is that they said, "some" got this.  Doesn't it sound like they are inferring that this was an accident?  It was their highlighted product, and I have yet to find one person that didn't get this.

Blush sorry.jpg

Want some ammo?  Wanna know why this last box looked like it came from a bargain basement table?  Because they don't curate squat!  It is whatever is left over from companies that they can get at discount.  How do I know this?  My last box had a small Glossybox sticker that would have likely fit on that shimmer oil.  Glossy gave that away a very very long time ago.  Thus why we are getting old and expired stuff.  I can remember getting a sample of an expensive face cream that was yellow/brownish.   And remember the expired Mcnamera BB cream?  They also took the Pureliss face cream out of the box which would have had the expiration date on it.  What about the BB cream we got this time around?  That shade would not have worked for one person at my work today.  I could not give it away to anyone.  If they were seeking Blush customers purposely they would have given a lighter one.  It looks all old and separated in the small clear ring.  Considering this, we were better off with the hair care products.  Anyways, remember this the next time you get an undesirable color/shade of something. 
 You had a GLOSSYBOX sticker on your product?????

You had a GLOSSYBOX sticker on your product????
It was loose in the bag.  I would assume they were removing them from the product and one got left behind?  Dunno...   BTW, that very small round sticker would have been a perfect fit for the bottom of the shimmer oil.  .  How would that sticker have gotten in there?  It didn't come from me since I didn't sub to glossy at the time.  Plus I opened the box at work. 

Back