Blush Mystery Beauty Box January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So frustrated! Finally got an update that my Winter Wonders box (listed at 4.00 lbs) was in San Diego and was out for delivery! Then it changed to "transfered to USPS" and put my delivery as Friday?! I checked my order again - it listed free shipping of 2 or 3 day. Well, I purchased on 1/31 so on what planet is this 2 or 3 day shipping? And why is UPS giving my package to USPS at all? Guess that is a first for me. My blush mystery box is meant ot me here next week according to the person I spoke to. I am so frustrated with their shipping and incorrect and inconsistant updates that I'm seriously considering canceling in general/shopping elsewhere. Don't tell me it's going to be here in 2 or 3 days, even business days, when you can't get it here before 2 full calendar weeks. Rant over.I'm really just sad because I love these boxes, but cant get over their horrible shipping and communication issues.

Quote: Originally Posted by Classynfun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So frustrated! Finally got an update that my Winter Wonders box (listed at 4.00 lbs) was in San Diego and was out for delivery! Then it changed to "transfered to USPS" and put my delivery as Friday?! I checked my order again - it listed free shipping of 2 or 3 day. Well, I purchased on 1/31 so on what planet is this 2 or 3 day shipping? And why is UPS giving my package to USPS at all? Guess that is a first for me. My blush mystery box is meant ot me here next week according to the person I spoke to. I am so frustrated with their shipping and incorrect and inconsistant updates that I'm seriously considering canceling in general/shopping elsewhere. Don't tell me it's going to be here in 2 or 3 days, even business days, when you can't get it here before 2 full calendar weeks.

Rant over.I'm really just sad because I love these boxes, but cant get over their horrible shipping and communication issues.
The same thing happened to me and it was super frustrating...mine was marked as delivered and I called UPS and asked where my box was because it said it was taken to the Mail Room and signed for by someone I didn't know and when I called they were like oh...it wasn't delivered, it's just been transferred to the Postal Service. Yuck

Quote: Originally Posted by Classynfun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So frustrated! Finally got an update that my Winter Wonders box (listed at 4.00 lbs) was in San Diego and was out for delivery! Then it changed to "transfered to USPS" and put my delivery as Friday?! I checked my order again - it listed free shipping of 2 or 3 day. Well, I purchased on 1/31 so on what planet is this 2 or 3 day shipping? And why is UPS giving my package to USPS at all? Guess that is a first for me. My blush mystery box is meant ot me here next week according to the person I spoke to. I am so frustrated with their shipping and incorrect and inconsistant updates that I'm seriously considering canceling in general/shopping elsewhere. Don't tell me it's going to be here in 2 or 3 days, even business days, when you can't get it here before 2 full calendar weeks.

Rant over.I'm really just sad because I love these boxes, but cant get over their horrible shipping and communication issues.

Most of my packages from many companies starts off with  UPS and FEDEX and tendered late to USPS for the last leg of the journey, Many, many companies are doing that now, so its not Dermstores fault, other beauty companies are shipping same way so no use to shop elsewhere, Others are doing it too.

, Im happy to get 100-200 dollars worth of makeup and skin and bathcare, It took one week for me, Not 3 days, cause of winter delay crippling half the nation

Give it some time, many parts of the nation has had severe weather

Quote: Originally Posted by NoInsanity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The same thing happened to me and it was super frustrating...mine was marked as delivered and I called UPS and asked where my box was because it said it was taken to the Mail Room and signed for by someone I didn't know and when I called they were like oh...it wasn't delivered, it's just been transferred to the Postal Service. Yuck

Someone had given me the heads up months ago that UPS and FEDEX and USPS are all partnering in on the same deliveries now, with USPS doing last leg of journey, Been notching this change past few months.

I ordered from over five different companies and all did it this way, so maybe the norm now. but its been taking longer

Loving my box today ! My winters wonder box . I cant believe I got all this for 20 dollars with a black train case, WOW, WOW !

Giving the bath fizzy to my daughter for valentines day along with the nailplish and perfumed mist, Its all pink so it will be a great valentines present for her.

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  May I please ask if the item number on any of the above is #32341? Mine came today and I actually cried over how awful it was. It didn't have any of the above mentioned items but 5 little things shoved into the black bag and two of the items were in boxes all beat up. There was also a hairspray in the bag and it was only a third filled. When I called about my package, they said that the hairspray might have been broken in transport but when my husband looked at it, he said that if that had been the case then the cap would have been filled with broken pieces because there was one jagged piece still attached inside of the cap so it's almost like someone in packing noticed it was broken and just emptied the cap, replaced the top back on it and packed it anyways.   Total letdown and I was so ashamed to call to complain about it. Mostly, I'm so terrified of getting a duplicate of the rotten bag....... forgive me for being selfish but I want mine to look like the pictures here......... I understand it being mystery and all but seriously, did it have to be SO bad???
When did you place your order?  I got the same as everyone else and wondering if they ran out and subbed something else in?

Quote: Originally Posted by TheGlamGal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  When did you place your order?  I got the same as everyone else and wondering if they ran out and subbed something else in?
oh no... I have a feeling that might be what happened because after checking, it was Wednesday, Feb. 5th that I placed my order!  On a happier note, I had an email from them today that they had sent out a replacement hairspray.

Quote: Originally Posted by ItsASubInABox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Price Breakdown (excluding free gifts) for Winter Wonders bag:

Sparitual Nail Polish in Airhead $12.00

Degree Classic Romance Spray $3.97

Jonathan High Shine Flexible Hairspray $30.00

Cures by Avance Age Defyer Eye Cream $50.00

Pur-lisse Pur-lip Comfort $16.00

iQ Derma Firmaceuticals Firming Body Gel $80.00

Decleor Instant Radiance Moisturiser $16.56

Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray $29.00

Bath Ice Cream Lychee Blossom $8.85

Total: $246.38
Just got my winter wonders bag and it included these same items.

What a steal for $20!!!!!! I am definitely pleased. And it came in an awesome makeup bag!

2.5 fl oz Exuviance Rejuvenating Treatment Mask

,05 fl oz  Lisa Hoffman Night & Day Vitamin A& C Serum

1.0 fl oz Kerstin Florian Spa Face

.06 Global Goddess i-divine eye color infused with white tea

0.28 oz 3LAB  "M" Cream

4.2 fl oz Bella Bronze tan extender

and the broken almost empty hair spray

after typing this in, I'm worried about if I should have just been thankful but as hard as I try, the bag just didn't/ doesn't work for me.
I got the same bag but with 2 hair sprays. Thankfully they both work. I actually like this version better than the one that most people got which contained the Degree spray and nail polish. I rarely use those types of items. I hope you'll get your replacement soon!

The Exuviance mask is kind of nice.

I had one and it sat here the longest time.

Exuviance is the same company as Neostrata and Alriya?

-Exuviance is the more expensive "professional" line.

there is quite a few Neostrata products I buy and in Canada you can get them at any drugstore and some grocery stores even (superstore chain) but not at all at wallmart.

The Exuviance mask is a peel off mask and it does contain quite a lot of alcohol (most peel off masks seem too) and the exuviance mask did make my pores look a bit smaller and my skin was smoother.

I also tried the freeman cucumber mask and like the scent a bit better but the freeman one did not make my skin look as smooth.

If the exuviance mask is on sale I'd get it, not for reg price...

Quote: Originally Posted by Elia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the same bag but with 2 hair sprays. Thankfully they both work. I actually like this version better than the one that most people got which contained the Degree spray and nail polish. I rarely use those types of items. I hope you'll get your replacement soon!
LOL, see I knew that I was just being a big old "crybaby"........... Although, I did prefer some of the items of the other bag and I'm still not totally feeling this version but "oh well", customer service sent me a new hairspray and I am happy with that!

LOL, see I knew that I was just being a big old "crybaby"........... Although, I did prefer some of the items of the other bag and I'm still not totally feeling this version but "oh well", customer service sent me a new hairspray and I am happy with that!

Dermstore renames their bags to clear out inventory so I'm not surprised that the contents shifts dramatically from bag to bag. Just like how the XO bag is now the glam bag, the Winter Wonders bag is renamed Pure Bliss bag. They slash the price to $10. Derpies, right after I brought mine too. 

Nevermind. It's part of a special value boutique which means you only get the slashed price if you spend $50 or more.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just got my winter wonders bag and it included these same items.

What a steal for $20!!!!!! I am definitely pleased. And it came in an awesome makeup bag!

I love the Kerstin Florain Spa Face! It has Neroli oil and smells so good !!!!

Hey y'all, I've deleted some recent posts so as to stop the current conversation from continuing.

As a general reminder please keep in mind rule number one of our Terms of Service

Quote:  
  1. Be polite and respect other members and staff. Blatant mean posts will result in banning of user account and/or ip address.

Thanks! 
flowers.gif

Back