Bright--no, I mean VERY bright eyeshadow.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only bright colours I've worn were purple and green

i cant imagine wearing yellow or orange

although now i wonder what id look like..

Originally Posted by Killah Kitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok this is OT, but I gotta say Insensitive you are SOO pretty! You rock those bright colors! Awww thankyou!!!

I always thought you were friggin gorgeous!

I love bright colors, too! But I feel uncomfortable doing any other bright color except for purple or violet because of my green eyes... I don't feel like any other color really flatters them. I hope I'll find another color, though! Bright colors are FUN!

I wish I was brave enough to wear bright colours! But I am quite pale so I don't know how it would sit on me. Also, I am 31 and somehow feel too old for bold colours, although I know it's silly to think that way.

silly you, Karen ! of course you can wear bold e/s at 31 !
wink.gif
maybe try using one as eyeliner with a neutral e/s?

i love bright e/s, though some colors like blues or greens suit me more than yellows or oranges, it's only recently i've wanted to go more neutral (that said i still go bright, no matte e/s for me lol !).

I can't get away with wearing brightly colored e/s, I am neutral fan. But it does work for some people, so go with what you like and suits you!

it depends on who you're around. I work with mostly men and most are the conservative, nerdy type. I don't wanna make them uncomfortable. LOL

Since I have joined MUT I have been wearing brighter colours. If you like it and it makes you happy why not.

I love bright colors too but I set that aside for the weekends. I do not want others to be distracted by my makeup at work so I keep it neutral and light, professional and polished at work.

Obviously there are places that are and aren't appropriate for playful eye colours. But so long as it's place-appropriate, go for it! What fun is make-up if you can't play with it?

Besides, you're not going to end up looking like Tammy Faye something (remember her? televangelist wife who you KNEW had to be using at least four entire tubes of mascara all at once?) She was scary.

Never seen anyone in real life whose eye makeup looked even a quarter that bad, so go for it.

It's also okay to be silly at times.

Insensitive that looks great! I love bright colors but like the others said, your technique is way more noticable. If done well, it looks awesome.

i personaly love fucsia, orange and yellow, looks great with dark eyes! in my opinion yellows, greens and blues are summer colors, also they have to be appled well or it looks like a mash of tuttifrutie, one thing i tried when applying these colours it looked a lot better when i used a white eyliner pencil under them, i cover my moving lid with white eyliner pencil and then applied the colours i like on that i try to stick to two colors, yellow and orange, cyan and green, fucsia and green. thanks to using the white under it the colors really stand out and there isn't a need to mix to many difrent ones up, also you can do fun things like sometimes i have drawn with the white eyliner some lined from the edge of the eye up and applied bright colours and it looks great!

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif silly you, Karen ! of course you can wear bold e/s at 31 !
wink.gif
maybe try using one as eyeliner with a neutral e/s?.

LOL! I have been thinking about treating myself to Urban Decays Deluxe Eyeshadow Palette, there are a lot of bright colours in there to practise with! Maybe I'll be free of my sillyness
laughing.gif

I love the look of bright colors if they are applied right. I have recently experimented with an eyeshadow color by maybellene called "antique jade" which is a very bright yet dark sparkly jade green. The first time I put it on, I matched it up with black eyeshadow on my lids and the jade in the crease and it looked fabulous. Although I tried it again for Christmas eve and it looked bad. I am thinking I was in a hurry to prepare my house for my christmas party that I didn't concentrate well enough while I was putting it on.

I don't think I would be brave enough to try orange or hot pink though. But power to those who can pull it off.

I do think that a lot of people in public look down on people who wear heavy eye make-up. But those of us who love make-up and see make-up as art can appreciate it when someone can pull off heavy make-up and bright colors.

Originally Posted by miss_apple_tart /img/forum/go_quote.gif I do think that a lot of people in public look down on people who wear heavy eye make-up. But those of us who love make-up and see make-up as art can appreciate it when someone can pull off heavy make-up and bright colors. I know! What is with some people staring me down when I use bright liner or wear a smokey eye look? I know they aren't staring because its badly done, I have other people complimenting on how well done it is, even make up artists sometimes, not bragging just saying. So why would they stare me down like that lol? I think maybe they are trying to see how I did it or something. The way some people look is like how I stare and focus on a picture in a magazine to try figure out what makeup the model is wearing for example lol. I duno but I think its kinda rude!

I love bright colors, and there is nothing wrong with wearing them. You just can't go overboard with them. Too much of anything is not a good thing.

Back