Bright--no, I mean VERY bright eyeshadow.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bright colours work for many ppl..i personally love them. but beware you can over do it

Originally Posted by nanceet /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ive seen pix of girls who use these colors very well and I don't think it looks ridiculous ..to me its art
smile.gif
ditto its art, i am so jelous of ppl who have flawless makeup .

Originally Posted by mandilly /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love viewing the FoTDs here, however I've found that though every girl applies her makeup beautifully on the forum, that I do not see many BRIGHT eyeshadows. Now, of course this is up to ones own taste and willingness to wear bright eyeshadow.
My question simply is--do you think the girls who like to wear bright shades, such as oranges, yellows, cyans, lime greens, etc., and have very bold and vibrant eyeshadow combinations on are.. ridiculous?

I merely ask this because I find that I love uber bright shades. Granted, I'm only 20, and therefore I may like to be bolder in my makeup, and also granted I don't wear these combinations on a daily basis. This is also considering that my clothing 'style' can be considered.. alternative? Or at the very best not 'preppy.' More so, I'm the style that loves her piercings, loves multi-colored hair, etc. Nonetheless, I love to wear combinations such as yellow, orange, and hot pink, or electric blue with an emerald green, or hot pink with black, etc. Perhaps more of a 'scene' look for lack of a better term?

In your own opinion, do you frown upon girls who do this? I do not wear anything other than the bright eyeshadow, liner, and lashes. I wear clear gloss and a little blush to bring some color onto my rosy ivory complexion--to account for the bold eyes, I tone everything else down.

Sometimes I feel like people look at me as if I'm Mimi from Drew Carey. Other times I get compliments from a lot of girls about my eye makeup. I'm comfortable with what I wear, but sometimes I wonder what other people think about the heavy eye makeup.

I love wearing bright eyecolors. Hell I love wearing bright colors period. I do however usually keep them for weekends or occassions. I have got to break that mold and wear electric blue on a monday just because.

I'm a chocolate girl and I love alllll colors and wear them everyday (in my avi pic i'm wearing purple, turquoise, lime green, and gold)...I coordinate my makeup with my look...so there are some days where I wear neutrals and there are some days where i wear bold, funky colors...being that I'm a stylist it goes with my occupation so I can get away with it..and i get compliments on my bold choices everyday...it's all in the application...it's one thing to wear fuschia and look like a clown..and another thing to wear fushcia properly applied and blended

Back