Bump it - hair tool

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly wanted to get it, but after reading all the bad reviews online I decided not to. I still want it though.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have htem... and i find they are a pain in the butt. at least for people llike me who have thin hair and want more volume. even in the normal size the hight of the bump is excessivly large and in order to have enough hair to cover the bumpit, the bump it has to be so far back on my head that it looks rather silly. Me too!!! My hair is thin and you can see the teeth through the top. It's a bit too high for me, it looks odd. So I tried the small ones on the crown but that looks weird also. Honestly I'm disappointed with this. I got if from SallyBeauty.com so I think I can return it to the store. Don't get this unless you have super thick hair and a perfectly round head.

Originally Posted by jewele /img/forum/go_quote.gif Me too!!! My hair is thin and you can see the teeth through the top. It's a bit too high for me, it looks odd. So I tried the small ones on the crown but that looks weird also. Honestly I'm disappointed with this. I got if from SallyBeauty.com so I think I can return it to the store. Don't get this unless you have super thick hair and a perfectly round head. yes this happenes to me too!

i was the one who said they had it before. i still have them since i cant bring myself to throw them out since i paid for them and have only used them one time... to show people that they are really not the best product. darn me being suckered into buying them

Actually, as a stylist, I use these a lot when I do up-do's on clients; I've never had a problem with clients with thin hair and covering the teeth...I suppose if you are trying to get it perfect yourself it would be a bit difficult, but since I put it into the clients hair I'm able to manipulate the hair around the bump. Personally I have normal hair; not thick and not thin. I have no problem with putting them in myself.

I was really excited about the Bump it and wanted it bad .....I waited for this product to come out at walgreens......yes walgreen's does now sell the REAL Bump its now. I hate it! My hair is thick and really long and the bump it had no problem staying in place but i looked like an ALIEN....so i wouldn't even waste your money on it...

i think they're a load of crap. i'll stick with teasing.

:]

even with tease it's sometimes hard for me to get the front top part to stay up. they seem like you'd be able to tell where they were since they're only like an inch wide. so your hair would have like an inch of volume then flop down again..

doesn't seem well.

I just bought it at an exhibition in my city and tried it out today...I thought it worked really well! My hair is pretty thick and dark and I was shown little tips and tricks on how to use it: the lady told me to lightly tease (since my hair is slippery) just to get it to hold onto the bumpit a little better. It took very little time and looked great! I didn't really feel it on my head either =)

However, I can see why it may show through for girls who have thinner hair...I think one of the other demonstrators' bumpits was showing through...she was blonde and her hair looked pretty thin.

eyeroll...

I told my sister about this thread but she was still determined to buy it. I wonder what she'll think of it when it arrives?

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif eyeroll...
I told my sister about this thread but she was still determined to buy it. I wonder what she'll think of it when it arrives?

This made me laugh so hard. I have a sister like this too. You wish they would just read some reviews first.

lol - she never does! I'll let you guys know what she thinks. She'll probably be all 'no, it works, I really like it'
smile.gif

well my sister got hers yesterday. She loves it! but then she hasn't worn it for a whole evening yet. I'm glad she likes it though!

I did some serious research on this item and have found that if you have thin hair, like a lot of us do... this definitely is not for you (even though that's WHY we would want that bump in the first place!). So then it becomes practically useless because if you have enough thick hair to cover the thing, you might as well style it yourself w/o some concoction!

THEN.. I also found that you STILL have to tease the hair with the bump it! WHOOOOAA... isn't this supposed to be an alternative to teasing? Sheesh. I recommend looking at videos on youtube if you wanna learn how to bump your hair the right way. Lalala...

Have a great day!

They work my friend Heather used it yesterday when we went out for her bday. it looked so volumized and pretty.

I'm bumping this up because I bought this the other day and I absolutely love it. My biggest concern was it falling out, but I bobby pinned it down on each end and had no problems. I even took a nap and it looked fine when I got up (I also used hairspray though). I really doubt I'll ever use the huge one though...I'll stick with the medium.

Here I am with it a bit far back so it doesn't look that high from the front

003-6.jpg

Here I moved it forward because I wanted the height to be more noticeable in front

071-5.jpg

Side view

073-12.jpg

I was really hesitant about buying it because of all the bad reviews, but I'm so glad I did...I love big hair
biggrin.gif

Wow that does look nice Tiff! I didn't buy it bc everyone said it was horrible but now I definitely will. You should do a tut on how to use it
wink.gif

Thanks Adrienne! I have thick hair but it's pretty fine so I have to use a decent amount of hairspray to keep it in place, but otherwise I don't have a problem keeping it hidden
smile.gif

I'll probably make a tutorial on how I use it sometime soon. I don't know how much it costs at other places, but I got mine at Target for $10 and it came with 3(the medium one I used plus a tiny one and a huge one).

I need to post a pic I have I put the tiny one in my baby's head (6 months) and you couldn't see it. She was bumping it up, lol. It never fell out. I did it for fun and I couldn't stop laughing.

Back