Can you go to sleep with the music on?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It totally depends. If I'm tired enough, I can fall asleep anywhere (have even been known to nod off for a second or two standing up outside on the playground with my class....ssshhh, don't tell!) On our very comfy reclining couch, I can fall asleep reading or watching TV or listening to music, especially when I am under my cozy faux shearling fleece blanket (known around here as "Big Red" since it's red polar fleece on the other side). But in bed when I turn in for the night, I tend to be more particular. I need 2 pillows and near darkness (night light in the bathroom next door but not in the bedroom), cool air, no TV, and prefer no music but can handle very soft relaxing music. Hubby & I don't always mesh well because he likes it colder than I do and HAS to have the ceiling fan, which I despise.He also loves going to sleep to the TV. But I give a little and he gives a little and we meet in the middle and manage to both sleep pretty well.

I sleep to music or podcasts sometimes. Guess it helps to distract my mind so I can fall asleep.

I need total silence and a dark room to fall asleep otherwise I will wake up during the night off and on and turn into a dragon in the morning.

I normally sleep in silence, but if the husband wants to watch tv and I'm ready for bed, I can sleep through that as well.

MUSIC, on the other hand, I can't sleep with on. I get too into it and I usually wake up tapping my toes to the beat!

Originally Posted by McRubel /img/forum/go_quote.gif MUSIC, on the other hand, I can't sleep with on. I get too into it and I usually wake up tapping my toes to the beat! I have actually included the music that was playing into my dreaming. it may not seem possible but lucid dreaming just seems so much different.

I can fall asleep anywhere and with any kind of noise.. Sometime silence is worse than some background noise..

I am the lightest sleeper in the world!!!! I get woke up at any noise, different smells... like someone cooking or smoking, and light. But I have tot have the tv on to go to sleep... but set the timer so it will go off, cause it will eventually wake me up. Plus my husband and dog snores horrendously (she sleeps under the bed). Even the air conditioner coming on wakes up.... so i HAVE to wear ear plugs at night or i wouldn't get any sleep!!!! *embarrassed* I can even still wake to the alarm in the mornings with them in...... thats a testament on just how light i sleep!!!!! I hate it... i so wish i could be like the DH and sleep through most anything.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can fall asleep anywhere and with any kind of noise.. Sometime silence is worse than some background noise.. I agree! 6 out of 7 nights I fall asleep to the TV. Some nights when it is totally dark and silent I find myself having a hard time falling asleep...I think I need the tv to help me tune out of things on my mind. My hubby falls asleep to TV too so we never fight about that.

There has to be absolute silence, otherwise i can't sleep. The only way i can sleep with the tv on or any other noise around is when im really sick, but that rarely ever happens, so yeah, it has to be completely silence.

I can fall asleep with lights on, tv on, music on, kids running loose, all that!! I have to get it when I can, so i have learned to adjust

It depends on how tired I am or if I am having trouble sleeping. I try not to listen to music or leave on the tv, because often times the sounds will seep into my dreams.

Usually I watch the Exorcist and then cut out the lights and go to bed. Just kidding, I need to have the lights out but I must have a fan on for a bit of a chill and white noise.

I normally turn the tv and all off before I go to sleep. I might be ok with just some light music.

I can and usually I leave it to classical music or slower rock type of stuff (Coldplay, Radiohead, Sia... etc.).

I just can't sleep with light on... if I sleep with the TV on, it's usually because I was watching it and fell asleep mid-way without turning it off. Any blinking light, I have to cover it... I prefer a room fully lit than a blinking light.

Normally, I need a quiet surrounding to sleep but when something abnormal happens, (READ: I watched a scary film and feels childishly scared) I can use some music in the background.

Back