CEW Insider's Choice Box 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's really sweet of you, I'm sure you made her day!
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

She used to not be one to change her products or routine, but since I've been bringing birchbox items around she's been experimenting. She loved the Mother's Day box!

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She used to not be one to change her products or routine, but since I've been bringing birchbox items around she's been experimenting. She loved the Mother's Day box!
She sounds just like my mum lol! Before I started getting Birchbox I'm pretty sure her makeup routine hadn't changed in 20 years and she was always judging me for buying so many lipsticks/eyeshadows, but now she's as addicted to collecting makeup as I am 
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm actually pretty happy I decided to get these boxes.  I got the lip stain in a darker color than what I'm used to but I tried it and ended up really liking it!  I think it will be the perfect fall lip.  Not loving the dark blue eyeshadow I got but I may be able to work with it.  I got the mystery pick 2 pack and I received the lights, camera, action eye trio in sapphire and the Stila eyeshadow sample.

I set up my stash to take photo's but my kitten would not let me take pics without him!  He's such a ham.  I was only able to get one without him (you can still kinda see him) and it came out blurry - ha!

OMG that cat <3_<3
Originally Posted by LucysKeeper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my goodness adorable, I love black cats mine is my profile pic
smile.gif
I must know, what's his name?
Thank you!  He's such a cute kitten but a devilish one too!  Today alone, he jumped into the dishwasher (while I was unloading dishes), dryer, and is chasing my fingers as I type.  Lol.  I really have to watch every move I make.  His name is Oliver.  What's your kitty's name?  I have always loved black cats too and persians especially!

Thank you!  He's such a cute kitten but a devilish one too!  Today alone, he jumped into the dishwasher (while I was unloading dishes), dryer, and is chasing my fingers as I type.  Lol.  I really have to watch every move I make.  His name is Oliver.  What's your kitty's name?  I have always loved black cats too and persians especially!
Mine is Lucy and although she's 10 she might as well be a kitten, I just caught her chasing a q-tip around that she stole off the counter! She's my first black cat and she is the most lovable and mischievous cat i've ever met!

My mom ended up digging through my haul and taking:

julep cuticle oil (i already have a full size barely used one so i let her have at it), simple eye roller ball (when she found out i already had one she snagged it. i'm sure i'll be going through mine soon enough that i could've used it, but the price on it isn't bad at all), and the eye brow pencil (i was looking forward to it, but her eyebrows are way thinner than mine so i felt guilty bahaha).
That's so sweet of you!

Originally Posted by Goodie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm actually pretty happy I decided to get these boxes.  I got the lip stain in a darker color than what I'm used to but I tried it and ended up really liking it!  I think it will be the perfect fall lip.  Not loving the dark blue eyeshadow I got but I may be able to work with it.  I got the mystery pick 2 pack and I received the lights, camera, action eye trio in sapphire and the Stila eyeshadow sample.

I set up my stash to take photo's but my kitten would not let me take pics without him!  He's such a ham.  I was only able to get one without him (you can still kinda see him) and it came out blurry - ha!

The cute kitty completely distracted me from looking at your haul lol.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oliver is so adorable!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by LucysKeeper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine is Lucy and although she's 10 she might as well be a kitten, I just caught her chasing a q-tip around that she stole off the counter! She's my first black cat and she is the most lovable and mischievous cat i've ever met!
Uh oh!  So what you're saying is my kitten may not grow out of his wild behavior?  We're in trouble!  Lol.  I did some research before getting a Persian and most of what I read said that they are more laid back and calm than regular cats.  So far that has proven to be false!  At least in Oliver's case. 
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The cute kitty completely distracted me from looking at your haul lol.
Haha, he is very distracting to me too!

Thank you! Uh oh!  So what you're saying is my kitten may not grow out of his wild behavior?  We're in trouble!  Lol.  I did some research before getting a Persian and most of what I read said that they are more laid back and calm than regular cats.  So far that has proven to be false!  At least in Oliver's case. 
icon_lol.gif
Haha, he is very distracting to me too!
It has been my experience that black kitties have a genetic permanent case of the batshits until they hit about nine or ten years of age. My own -- the Dread Kitten Edgar -- is almost two years old, and he still acts just as crazed as he should have acted when he was two months old (he was very sick and probably close to dying when he was two months old, so he got a bit of a delayed kittenhood). His predecessor -- Hunter -- very abruptly went from CRAAAAAZEEEEE to Mister Mellow when he was nine. I had to put his sister to sleep (a giant growth in her chest was suffocating her, and there was no treatment for it) shortly before this, so I was more than a bit afraid he was sick with something, but, nope, he just turned into my bestest buddy very suddenly. He became so laid back that I started calling The Dude and El Duderino after a rewatch of _The Big Lebowski_. But it takes almost a decade. It's worth the zoom zoom to get there.

I just need to complain about my stupid Post Office.  I had a delivery date of today, but of course it doesn't show up, because everything just siiiiiiiiiiiiiits in my state capitol (2 hours away from me) for two days every.single.time something is routed through there.  I never had this problem until they closed a bunch of processing centers, including the one 30 minutes from me.  

I miss my fast mail :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It has been my experience that black kitties have a genetic permanent case of the batshits until they hit about nine or ten years of age. My own -- the Dread Kitten Edgar -- is almost two years old, and he still acts just as crazed as he should have acted when he was two months old (he was very sick and probably close to dying when he was two months old, so he got a bit of a delayed kittenhood). His predecessor -- Hunter -- very abruptly went from CRAAAAAZEEEEE to Mister Mellow when he was nine. I had to put his sister to sleep (a giant growth in her chest was suffocating her, and there was no treatment for it) shortly before this, so I was more than a bit afraid he was sick with something, but, nope, he just turned into my bestest buddy very suddenly. He became so laid back that I started calling The Dude and El Duderino after a rewatch of _The Big Lebowski_. But it takes almost a decade. It's worth the zoom zoom to get there.
"Genetic permanent case of the batshits"
rofl2.gif
  I also like his nickname "The Dude"... haha too funny.
cowboy.gif

My brother used to have a black Persian (he passed away many years ago) and he was older (nine or ten) so he must have already reached his chill stage.  He was very laid back and I rarely saw him play with anything.  He mostly sat around looking pretty and was a sweetheart.  That is the opposite of my little guy.  My mom came over last night and she was wearing a shirt with fringe hanging down everywhere.  I was like Mom are you looking for trouble?  Why would you wear that in front of a kitten?  Lol he kept swatting at her chest all night.  It was hilarious.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to put a kitty to sleep.  I've been there before and it's no easy thing to go through! 

Originally Posted by knightsgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL!  I love him!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This makes me want a black cat now...but my Siamese cat has a case of the batshits so I'm probably good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my boxes today! Of course I got the blah ivory julep. I got the lippie in lovesick, and am on pink lippie overload, but already have a trade set up for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> love MUT! I have a question about the brow pencil, is it supposed to be really dry and hard and scratchy? I was going to email BB, but then I thought maybe it's supposed to be that way and I just don't know because I have a never ending jar of Bare Minerals brow powder I've been using for years lol

I got my boxes today! Of course I got the blah ivory julep. I got the lippie in lovesick, and am on pink lippie overload, but already have a trade set up for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> love MUT! I have a question about the brow pencil, is it supposed to be really dry and hard and scratchy? I was going to email BB, but then I thought maybe it's supposed to be that way and I just don't know because I have a never ending jar of Bare Minerals brow powder I've been using for years lol
Mine isn't hard per se but it is supposed to be designed so that a light touch gives light results, so you can vary the shade and intensity with pressure.

ZoomButt.gif

Got my whole order for $31.36, with 100 reward points and discount  (free lip balm with men's purchase, LUCKYTIGERGWP, free sample pack with purchase of $35).

To make the $35, I crossed over to the men's stuff and bought the Yes To Carrots Mint Lip Butter and then got the Lucky Tiger blam for free plus the pick two.  I almost went with a man's pick-two as well, lol...

Item Sku Qty Limited Edition: Prestige Headliners - Birchbox for CEW
CEW Prestige 1 Gift with Purchase: Lucky Tiger Natural Peppermint Lip Balm
00069 1 Yes Toâ„¢ Carrots Lip Butter - 2 Pack Flavor
Mint 1161106 1 Pick Two Sample Pack (free with $35+ order) Choose
Supergoop! Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream & Number 4 Firm Hold Hair Gel Pick2 5824 1 100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream Scent
Honey Almond 1BLTHA 1
 ​

I got a great nail polish, Rebecca - Grayed periwinkle blue crème, I looooove it!  If I could have pick a color, it would be that one!!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by Leslie Wetzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got the refund for the bobbypins and the 100 points, which means I paid $1.00 for the two boxes and the pick two sample. I can't complain ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Sweeeeeee!!!  Love it when I 'know' someone who hits a little jackpot, I also get a nice little surge of happy!!  I am such a dork....

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Back