CFDA POPSUGAR Must Have box, Special Edition April 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ladies. With all the boxes returned. Buy the boxes from Popsugar. I can't imagine they want inventory sitting. I also can't imagine them selling them at full price... Just saying

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my box today, and I actually like everything in it. I got the red Anna Sui lipstick, and the hematite Marc Jacobs. However.....I have extremely small hands and can still barely get my hand in it. I practically have to disjoint my thumb to get it on and off.

Message of the CFDA box: fashion hurts?

I got my box today, and I actually like everything in it. I got the red Anna Sui lipstick, and the hematite Marc Jacobs. However.....I have extremely small hands and can still barely get my hand in it. I practically have to disjoint my thumb to get it on and off.

Message of the CFDA box: fashion hurts?
thanks for the update on the bracelet!. I was going to try and swap for it, but miss fat hands here has decided it won't fit. Lol. You just saved me from a bad trade :)

I ended up trading for a box after all, and it came today.  I didn't understand why people were being so harsh about the Milly nail polishes until now...I didn't realize the box had a janky looking Milly sticker slapped on it and the polishes look super thin and watery.  That's disappointing. 

LOVE everything else though, I got the gold Marc bracelet and it looks great with the earrings; will definitely be looking to trade for the other two variants (or hunt for them at Marshall's).  My Anna Sui lipstick is in the shade 300, a suuuuuuuuper pretty pink.  I don't know if I'll ever have the heart to put it on my lips and ruin the star though.  That packaging is just perfection!

65925b2a_CFDAteasecopy_1_.jpg

Uh I think they mean they are selling all the returned boxes!

Wow thats brave and a little unsettling (how many of those lipsticks or earrings do you think were swatched/tried on before returned).  I don't why I m surprised but I am.

Really disappointing that they are marketing the "extra" boxes this way.  They should either disclose that these are returned boxes or flat out tell everyone that they are not returned boxes.  If they are the returned boxes that is very deceitful marketing.  

Really disappointing that they are marketing the "extra" boxes this way.  They should either disclose that these are returned boxes or flat out tell everyone that they are not returned boxes.  If they are the returned boxes that is very deceitful marketing.  
I don't think they need to disclose this.  I always think it is interesting when people treat subscription boxes any differently than a regular store.  It's normal for a store to put an item on sale if they are trying to ensure that it sells, or to sell items that have been tried on and/or returned without disclosing it.  I'm pretty sure PSMH only took back unopened / unused boxes, so why hold them to higher standards?  The only thing that would be sketchy is if someone swatched the lipstick but I'm sure they inspected the returned items. 

i'm curious about the price. i paid full price. will NOT be happy if it is less. 
I was wondering that too.  I assume they would have included it in the email as a selling point if they were going to discount it.  I bet they think that even with all of the PR mess, there is still enough demand to sell them at full price.  I'm not sure that there is...I think this box should have been priced at $150 or maaaaaaaaybe $165 at the very most.  If they can't get rid of them it wouldn't surprise me if they sold them at a discount or bundled it with a deal on the monthly sub or something, like all of those deals with the December box. 

I don't think they need to disclose this.  I always think it is interesting when people treat subscription boxes any differently than a regular store.  It's normal for a store to put an item on sale if they are trying to ensure that it sells, or to sell items that have been tried on and/or returned without disclosing it.  I'm pretty sure PSMH only took back unopened / unused boxes, so why hold them to higher standards?  The only thing that would be sketchy is if someone swatched the lipstick but I'm sure they inspected the returned items. 
It kinda skeeves me out to think about getting worn earrings and swatches lippies.  But that can happen from a store.  Kinda off-topic but I work with someone who buys things for a special occasion and then returns them.   It grosses me out and I truly hope that s not a common practice or I ll have to start making my own everything LOL

I expect transparency in their communications because of how they are marketing these "extra" boxes - to me the current marketing feels deceitful.    

Wow so the boxes are being sold at the same price 

and check out the tiny print about the earrings ... finally admitting the value was off.  I think they should do something for the customers who kept the box especially the ones that were originally told the boxes couldn't be returned so they opened the items.  Oh well I m kinda surprised they d open this can of worms up.  How many boxes do you ladies think were actually returned vs. kept?

How many boxes do you ladies think were actually returned vs. kept?
I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall in the PSMH meetings.  I also wondered this with the Nina Garcia winter box everyone returned.  I can never tell if it just SEEMS like everyone returned it because I hang out in forums with people who are sub box experts and therefore have a different set of expectations than your standard customer, or if the masses really are that unhappy and it is being reflected in the forums I read.  I think that just like forums can enable people, they can also lead people to be unhappier with something than they would have if they experienced the box in a bubble.  We need a PSMH mole to get us all of the dirt, haha. 

and check out the tiny print about the earrings ... finally admitting the value was off.  I think they should do something for the customers who kept the box especially the ones that were originally told the boxes couldn't be returned so they opened the items.  Oh well I m kinda surprised they d open this can of worms up.  How many boxes do you ladies think were actually returned vs. kept?
I ended up keeping it as it seemed too much of a hassle to send back, and I did like the earrings - just not "$200 like"!  I am sure there were more in my boat and the boat of those that opened it.  I would have done a chargeback if they reduced it.  I am that passionate over the whole thing. 

Back