CFDA POPSUGAR Must Have box, Special Edition April 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  Well, I am glad to know that you guys don't see it as a conflict of interest to sell stuff from boxes that you don't want. I have read some stuff lately on other threads that people seem to think that is wrong. But I just re-sell stuff to generate more funds for my boxes! 

I think Rachel Zoe has reaped the benefit of coming into the sub-box business at the right time to have learned a lot from PSMH trial and error. I think it is obvious PS has realized they need to scale back a bit and focus with the monthly boxes and maybe this is a wake-up call for LE boxes. 
sigh~On a side note I just love Rachel Zoe. 

totally agree. even if the earrings were at one point $400, it's silly to take up 67% of the box value on that one item. Though it is really nice - and I hope the company gets some good exposure for it. And the discontinued item? that's not right for a "must have" box (unless it's TJ Maxx's must haves). I too have tried to rationalize this box - and defended them in the past due to our expectations. But this just wasn't a $200 box. It was a $100 box.
Hah! I would have been OK taking a 67% worth pocket book

Walking through Soho yesterday, I happened to spot a burlap/leather market tote IDENTICAL to the one in this box in the window of a little boutique. It just had a different message on it.

Found it funny....but still not keeping this box! :rolleyes:

A quick google search could have given us some spoilers earlier (but think we would have been built up further by the brands vs items);

CFDA x POPSUGAR, a Success Story | CFDAApr 24, 2015 - The CFDA and POPSUGAR, a member of our Strategic Partnerships ... Milly, Anna Sui, Maiyet, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Apolis and Claire V. As a ...

It's a gated site so can't read the full article. but interesting... 

Love the bag and the earrings.  Not sure it's worth keeping the whole box over though.  Lucky Coachella folks got access to the bag designers:

Apr 11, 2015 - Apolis ‏@Apolis Apr 11. Thanks @POPSUGAR for featuring #Apolis as one of your @CFDA designers at your #Coachella2015 brunch today!  ...

A quick google search could have given us some spoilers earlier (but think we would have been built up further by the brands vs items);

CFDA x POPSUGAR, a Success Story | CFDAApr 24, 2015 - The CFDA and POPSUGAR, a member of our Strategic Partnerships ... Milly, Anna Sui, Maiyet, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Apolis and Claire V. As a ...

A Success Story?  According to who, exactly?  Popsugar? I guess because it sold out in 48 minutes.

With Milly and Anna Sui listed first, people would have been pretty excited...for something fashiony if this one had leaked. Good find!

I swapped for the burlap tote & I absolutely love it!! It looks so cute hanging up on my vintage hooks in my mud room. Don't get me wrong, if I purchased this box, I too would've been completely disappointed with the box as a whole. This box just had so much potential & it's too bad they just couldn't swing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Box finally arrived. How do I return it? Unbelievable. It's missing items too. What a pain
I had decided to keep the box even though it holds no interest for me.  I hoped for a pink lipstick but got red which I'd never wear.  I figured I could trade.  The earrings are a nice quality but I don't wear gold. Of course, I got the gold bracelet too.  I was hoping I could trade it for the silver but when I took it out, the bracelet is damaged.  Now I can't trade it either.  Guess I'll have to give Popsugar a call.   What a mess this box has turned out to be.  It's my first Special Edition box by them.  Not a great impression was made.

I really love the earrings (in theory) and am thinking of bidding on ebay.  Does anyone have a non-professional picture they could share (possibly in ears!).

Thanks in advance :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back