CFDA POPSUGAR Must Have box, Special Edition April 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if you guys have seen it posted in the comments on MSA, but Popsugar is now offering refunds on the box.

"Please know that retail prices fluctuate and we don’t have control over pricing after we have purchased the products. In this case we are offering the option for customers to return complete and unused boxes for a full refund. The refund will be granted once the box is received. We have attached a prepaid return label to send the box back to us. Please let us know if there is anything else we can address or assist with.

Best,

POPSUGAR Support"
Hmm that s interesting I guess that s because the earring brand website has them listed as $295 again.  So bizarre!  What a disaster this is for them.  Curious if they try to re-sell the boxes

the coachella connection was public and kind of odd our box wasnt really linked.

I'm ok with our box being separate from coachella box but I can see how it was misleading as it was a cfda launched must have box. I followed cfda because they listed a must have box on Instagram. Goofy with the prices, goofy with the connection to the coachella box. We all just want a home run box

I am for sure returning it. I cannot find this comment on the MSA website.....any idea how we can get the return label?

I am for sure returning it. I cannot find this comment on the MSA website.....any idea how we can get the return label?
I had to click on "Newer Comments" a few times at the top of the comment section on MSA to find it, looks like the older comments are displayed first. They emailed the return label to customers, so I assume you have to email Popsugar and ask for the refund. 

the coachella connection was public and kind of odd our box wasnt really linked.

I'm ok with our box being separate from coachella box but I can see how it was misleading as it was a cfda launched must have box. I followed cfda because they listed a must have box on Instagram. Goofy with the prices, goofy with the connection to the coachella box. We all just want a home run box
So are you returning?!? Yowza. decisions, decisions....

How many of you ladies are returning it?
I think the real question is how many of you are keeping it?  Being one of the "lucky" first receivers I have already unpacked it and recycled the shipping box so I don't really see how I can return it at this point.  I would love to return the damn bracelet and nail polish for a partial refund though I know that's totally unrealistic.  But I'm seriously surprised that PS is issuing refunds.  Really, hope this is a wake-up call for the company.

I reached out asking to either return my box for a full refund or receive some form of compensation (like a future LE box comped).

I gave myself some time to really think through the contents, separate from the reactions I'd seen on MSA and these forums, to make sure that I was really disappointed and not just caught up in overall response. Yup, still disappointed on my own!

From the overpriced/shady price changes of the earrings to the oft marked-down bangle to the bizarre Milly nail polish, this box was just a mess. It's especially disappointing because PopSugar really had the opportunity to knock it out of the ballpark with this box. The higher price point, the limited number available--they could have really made this something special. 

Hmm that s interesting I guess that s because the earring brand website has them listed as $295 again.  So bizarre!  What a disaster this is for them.  Curious if they try to re-sell the boxes
I'd say it's more closely tied to the costs and other problems associated with charge backs. 

I think the real question is how many of you are keeping it?  Being one of the "lucky" first receivers I have already unpacked it and recycled the shipping box so I don't really see how I can return it at this point.  I would love to return the damn bracelet and nail polish for a partial refund though I know that's totally unrealistic.  But I'm seriously surprised that PS is issuing refunds.  Really, hope this is a wake-up call for the company.
I d contact them if u really want to return it because yesterday therywere saying no refunds I d say after seeing on Facebook there would be no refunds u dismantled the box blah blah and see what they say.  The whole thing is interesting to me I mean I was shocked the earring co. changed the price on the website yesterday and even more shocked they changed it back today.  Would love their side of the story.  So bizarre!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent my email asking to return the box for a refund.  I hope that they continue to honor the requests; otherwise I will be ticked.   I will update my comments with the PS response once available.

My biggest issue is that the contents did not match what they sold - not just in the overall box value.  This box did not capture the spirit of collaboration with CFDA nor did I notice many emerging designers....  

WOW!  I hope it's lesson learned!  Seems like there must have been some shadiness going on and they got caught.  

Definitely emailing them and returning for a refund if they'll honor it. They have been in this business too long to be putting out boxes like this. If their immediate response was "we're sorry--we'll send out items to make up the cost and work on exchanging the earrings for those who can't wear them" it might have been cheaper for them in the long run vs all of those refunds.

I have loved the other LE boxes I've gotten from them--even the fall one that people weren't crazy about--I wore that hat all winter and thought the lipstick was gorgeous. 

Please don't do this, you guys.  I felt absolutely sick to my stomach after I saw the NM spoilers because it was A LOT of money for something that I felt completely missed the mark.  But that was a risk that I took when I signed up for a random box of stuff at a ridiculous price point.  Not every box is going to be a winner, and we KNOW that based on past PSMH experience.  But lying to the company will only hurt us in the long run - run up the cost of the boxes, or force them to change rules in a way that harms us.  Just look at what happened to quarterly after everyone mass returned the NG box (and that WAS within their policies!!!)

If you hate the box, try to sell it.  It's still $500+ worth of cute stuff, and there were lots of us who waffled too long and didn't get one.  Email PSMH and tell them WHY you hate it so they can make the next box better.  And if we as a community didn't hit purchase the second every single box went on sale, maybe we would get spoilers and could make more informed decisions. 
Yesterday, you posted an offer to BUY a CFDA box for $150 even though you claim to understand as YOU once felt absolutely sick to your stomach over an expensive box...

You quickly took advantage of the box not being thought of as highly valued nor what was expected - You encouraged those who did not have pierced ears to click on the link you provided to the trades thread you started and then encouraged people to just sell the items - When @@boxesandboxes pointed out the price that MUT members actually paid, you cited the many "UNHAPPY" members here as your reasoning for your "shot in the dark" lower offer......

What anyone here choses to sell/trade is their own choice - In the same way, It is one's own choice to read what other members post here based on what the current situation is and they can choose what to do or not to do - this is NOTHING like the NM box, this is an entirely different situation! 

In regards to your statement about Popsugar, I have no clue how you came up with this information but NOTHING is going to "hurt us in the long run (and) run up the cost of the boxes, or force them to change rules in a way that harms us" nor will fellow MUT members not buying PSMH boxes force PS to suddenly release spoilers as you stated and made up.....

After reading Popsugar's responses on Facebook, it is quite clear that they were involved with suspiciously inflating the price on the earrings to quickly squash any further issues and yet another price decrease occured all over again! this practice is know as a form of price gouging and/or false advertising - PSMH is using deceitful tactics and not addressing concerned loyal customers in an honest way.......

do not preach what TO DO or NOT TO DO when you are not exactly Mother Theresa of the PSMH threads

I truly hope that whomever you swiftly bought this box from on here, that you consider (since you too have felt "sick to your stomach" over a box) to at least allow them a choice to return the box now that PS is accepting refunds so they can at least get back what they actually paid.......

i am happy that y'all have the choice now to return this box - the responses from PS were horrific but thankfully they have now at least given everyone a choice...I feel bad for the CFDA as they are probably embarrassed by this strange ordeal and I hope that PS still continues to give them a full donation no matter who returns the box or not......

i wonder what on earth will happen tomorrow with the PS Summer Box?!? 

post1.JPG

post2.JPG

Latest posts

Back