CFDA PopSugar Must Have box *spoilers* 2016

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, I'm not sure about this box.  I feel like I'll use the coverup even though it's not really my style (assuming it fits, which it might not since I'm tall and a size 12-14), I am REALLY hoping for the tortoise shell sunnies with blue mirrored lenses (which means I'm pretty much guaranteed to get plain boring ones), and I'm kind of meh about the scents (but I'm hoping I love them in person despite all of the reviews saying they aren't long lasting at all).  

So far it looks like a giant box of "okay" which means I should have kept my money and bought something amazing.  But I'm still hoping a really gorgeous piece of jewelry and some fancy skincare will save the day and I love it all once it's in my hands.   

I am ok with all items so far.  I am also hoping for a nice piece of jewelry also.  I think possibly the skin care will be in the Summer LE box.  Hopefully complete spoilers soon. 

Wow nice stuff. Not enough interest in the items for me to purchase the box. I like this years box over last years. I can't wait to hear what you guys think!

I like it!!!! I have been wanting a Swell bottle and I have been wanting try the Nirvana. And the pouch looks very nice and is exclusive the the box. Much better than last year!!! I do however hate that there is no jewelry. But hoping for a nice piece in Summer. Can't wait to get mine!

Definitely better than last year but not worth the price for me. Not mad I skipped this one. I ve heard amazing stuff about that dry shampoo can't wait to hear everyone's review. Enjoy ladies!!

Looks like a nice box! So happy for you all who got this! I've used the Elizabeth & James Nirvana dry shampoo and really like it. It works well and the scent is great. I liked it so much that I ended up getting one of the scents in a rollerball to use as a fragrance. I like both the black and the white versions.

I ordered one after seeing the spoilers.  The pouch did me in!  I really like it, and I already liked the sunglasses - so the two combined make the box worth it to me.  I'm waiting to see the swim cover up in person.  

I have a ton of dry shampoos and perfumes already, so I may swap them - but I'll wait until they come in to be sure I don't fall in love with them.  Same with the water bottle.

I ordered one after seeing the spoilers.  The pouch did me in!  I really like it, and I already liked the sunglasses - so the two combined make the box worth it to me.  I'm waiting to see the swim cover up in person.  

I have a ton of dry shampoos and perfumes already, so I may swap them - but I'll wait until they come in to be sure I don't fall in love with them.  Same with the water bottle.
Swell water bottles are really nice especially when its super hot outside.  Keeps the contents nice and cold.  But they are pricey for a water bottle so its a nice treat to get in a box.  Enjoy!

I'm pretty happy with this but I'm not sure I'd do it again without full spoilers.  Seems that it won't be a problem as this one will probably never sell out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For this price I would have liked to see some jewelry included, even something small would have been nice.  I get that the value is great I just feel like it would have rounded out the box nicely. 

I'm loving these Derek Lam scents but they don't last nearly long enough on me so I'm not going to repurchase at that price.  It will be a sad sad day when some of my favorites run out.  If anyone has a more sophisticated nose than I do and can point me to some longer lasting dupes it would be hugely appreciated!

Edited to add: I didn't realize there are short films that go along with these scents.  Kinda cool. 

http://www.nstperfume.com/2016/02/04/derek-lam-10-crosby-silent-st-looking-glass-hi-fi-drunk-on-youth-afloat-fragrance-reviews/

http://www.nstperfume.com/2016/02/04/on-crosby-street/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm loving these Derek Lam scents but they don't last nearly long enough on me so I'm not going to repurchase at that price.  It will be a sad sad day when some of my favorites run out.  If anyone has a more sophisticated nose than I do and can point me to some longer lasting dupes it would be hugely appreciated!

Edited to add: I didn't realize there are short films that go along with these scents.  Kinda cool. 

http://www.nstperfume.com/2016/02/04/derek-lam-10-crosby-silent-st-looking-glass-hi-fi-drunk-on-youth-afloat-fragrance-reviews/

http://www.nstperfume.com/2016/02/04/on-crosby-street/
have you tried the forums like basenotes? I haven't looked specifically for the Derek Lam but there are some impressive perfume experts on those forums that probably do know the dupes

Okay I did some research (slow day, haha) and this is what I learned from http://www.fragrantica.com  because basenotes didn't have too much. Not all of the "dupes" are cheaper.

2am kiss = Most think it's a close dupe of Thierry Mugler Womanity, other suggestions are a blend of Calvin Klein Reveal and L'Artisan Parfumeur Amour Nocturne, or Prada Candy

Afloat: Bond No 9 Hudson yards

Blackout: ?

Drunk on youth: Versace Bright Crystal

Ellipsis: Musc Ravegeur by Frederic Malle

Hi-Fi: generic floral

Looking Glass:  Soft floral similar to Dolce, Tocca Liliana (Liliana is stronger), some of the Gucci florals, Carven Le Parfum, Mary Kay Journey

Rain Day: Bath & Body Works

Silent St: Comparesto Pure Grace, Clean Skin, and Kiehl's Original, Chanel Beige or Chanel N*5, Aerin Lauder Amber Musk,Body Shop musk, Jovan musk oil

Something Wild: Indult Tihota, Couvent des mimes, Une Bois de Vanille, and Spiriteuse Double Vanilla,  maison de la vanille

Back