Chat thread for the Urban Decay Naked palette shortage ...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not surprised.  Every time MAC or Urban Decay comes out with some coveted product, the cycle goes like this:

1. Employee hide them all

2. Customers call and pre-buy them all OR

3. Customers call and asked for them to held

4. You get there and they 'sold it' IE the employee kept it OR

5. You go online they tell you backorder but send you an email saying that its no longer available

6. You lower yourself to ebay or livejournal where they are selling it 3 times the cost

7. 6 months later....that mess is in the CCO.

Urban Decay is full of BS always have and always will. If it were not LE, then it shouldnt have been released in cycles like it was. It should have had one release date and been fully stocked. Classic bad business practices. In addition, it is the retailer's fault for having dishonest employees. But you know what you are dealing with when they give you poor customer service.  They are the very ones to take all the inventory home, and sell it on Livejournal primarily.

Originally Posted by PineappleChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif What would have happened if someone else walked up right after the girl walked away and saw the shelf empty? A good number of people would see that and assume there is no more left and not ask if there was anymore in the back. How is that a good sales mentality? That would be a missed sale and any money in the sales industry is better than no money. The managers at my store are always pushing us to have the shelves filled and any empty spots we have are stuff we genuinely don't have in the backroom.

Never thought of it that way i guess they just assume that they can put one out quick enough or that people will ask. like i said its a shit thing to do but although like you pointed out on some levels it might not work it worked for that girl. most things come with pro's and cons guess its just a win some lose some situation.

and in response to the whole trust issue: i guess they dont expect anyone to be watching whilst they place another one out but i find you can very rarely trust salespeople even in make up industry. i went to one mac counter and the woman told me the color she put on me was perfect for my skin yet i got taken to a different mac counter and the woman took one look at me and told me they had nothing that would match!

i noticed the other day when i was next to a MAC counter that the villans rnage only has a TINY little stand with one of each product yet i couldnt see anywhere else on the counter where they had them like in mass? maybe i wasnt looking properly but reminded me of this thread
smile.gif

@Aliana

There are at least 2 websites that sell the Naked palette in the UK, the one that I know of is Debenhams and they even have it in the shops (my husband got it there for me).

I also read of some girls that bought it at Boots but I have not checked their website.

Is that what happened? I didn't know they were pulled. No wonder one day there were tons and the next day there were none here. So weird. I'm not even happy with my palette. I wish I would've thought about my purchase before buying a palette that someone else would've been happier with.

Originally Posted by swedgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Aliana

There are at least 2 websites that sell the Naked palette in the UK, the one that I know of is Debenhams and they even have it in the shops (my husband got it there for me).

I also read of some girls that bought it at Boots but I have not checked their website.

Debenhams doesn't ship internationally
frown.gif
. Where am I gonna buy Naked when it's available? I always have this problem.

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is that what happened? I didn't know they were pulled. No wonder one day there were tons and the next day there were none here. So weird. I'm not even happy with my palette. I wish I would've thought about my purchase before buying a palette that someone else would've been happier with.
Anna takes donations!!

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I wish I would've thought about my purchase before buying a palette that someone else would've been happier with.

Sell it to me!
hand.gif

I seriously have no idea what happened to me.. When I first looked at this pallette I wasn't intereseted in it AT ALL but in the last few days I've been looking around online and I HAVE to have it now.. Obviously I'm not paying more then its being sold for retail.. I'll just buy it when I see it at Sephora =)

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I see your point, but then it's indicated selected fashion and home stuff, no makeup
smile.gif
Like i said, i tried.

Ahh, I see... well that bought my hopes down too, lol :x

@Aliana Before getting mine in England I had subscribed to the Urban Decay website to be emailed when they had some for sale and I actually got an email from them last week. I also noticed that Sephora has now the option "email me when the item is back in stock", so I guess the only way to get one is by being patient and subscribing to one of those site.

Yes, this is what I do exactly!

Originally Posted by swedgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Aliana Before getting mine in England I had subscribed to the Urban Decay website to be emailed when they had some for sale and I actually got an email from them last week. I also noticed that Sephora has now the option "email me when the item is back in stock", so I guess the only way to get one is by being patient and subscribing to one of those site.

I get so angry looking for it on Ebay. Some people are so hungry for money, I hope they're happy with themselves selling this palette for so much. Damn them. Yes I've subscribed for it at UD website. I will get it eventually (but I'm sooo tired of waiting LOL) for a fair price but I just wish people weren't like this. Selling 30+ palettes for double. UGH!! Too bad people fall for it. It's not even limited edition.

Back