Chat thread for the Urban Decay Naked palette shortage ...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought the Naked palette at our Ulta. Our Ulta opened up just about a week ago, and they were out of BoS III and Naked the day they opened. They had a representative from the company at the store and I asked her about it and she said that they had run out of stock at the company, and they may have stock up in a week or more (they typically restock on Thursday). I found that annoying but got over it.

Next week I go in and Naked is in stock! They had 5 palettes for sale and I purchased one for me (along with the awesome Lorac Close-Up Collection (which I like even better than the Naked palette)). I was super stoked until I realized BoS III was still out of stock... I asked the cashier about it and her response was, "Hey Clueless Ulta Worker that works here! When are we getting that Ulta's Book of Eyeshadows in? (*Repeats herself again before I interrupt her to tell her that it's Urban Decay brand not Ulta*)and the rest of the 5 minutes she yells across the store to some girl who works there, and asks when they'll get a shipment for the palette when the girl replies "Ulta might be shipping us their palette Thursday".

ULTA palette? Since when did Ulta make the Naked and Urban Decay palette? The girls at our Ulta have NO idea wtf they're talking about, so I don't really know if it's shipping on Thursday or not to be sure... It's hard to trust someone with such little knowledge of their job ;|.

I was really surprised to see the naked palette in stock... both a mixed blessing since I didn't need to spend the money, lol.

I wish I could go into a store an buy it at normal price without shipping...

I must have gotten REALLY lucky with it. I looked for it on Sephora.com and it was out of stock... a little while later I looked again (probably a few days? a week) and voila, it was in stock! So I ordered it... I must have had lucky timing, who knows how soon it sold out after that. Although it did take almost a month for it to arrive - I was JUST about to contact customer service about it, and then it came the next day! I'm glad I got it though, I use it almost every day now. I feel really bad for everyone trying to get it who's having trouble though.
frown.gif

I must be another lucky one to have got it as well. I didn't get it from Urban Decay directly though I got it from the House of Fraser website as I couldn't get it from Urban Decay at the time. I don't think its fair that they are doing this and especially as its not limited edition, I don't understand why its so hard to get.

Maybe they didn't expect it to sell that fast ? After all, Urban Decay isn't known for making neutrals. Still, i think it's a bad study of the market they didn't make enough before launching it. I feel twice as lucky as you as even the people from Urban Decay here don't know when the new stuff is in, and everything in LE (even the Naked palette, how unfair).

It's too bad because i really wanted to get one for my sister in law.

It may be Aude. At first I thought they did it on purpose for marketing, but at this point I think they just poorly planned the production.

I didn't buy this, I'm just not a fan of UD palettes. I'm sure I would have liked this one the most out of the UD palettes I have, but I have too many similar colors to justify buying it. It's crazy how HTF it is though...

Back