Christian Louboutin nail polish yay or nay

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone wants to give me their empty, I'm down for that! XD I know, I know, no one is going to give that empty away. The only nail polish I have that has a cool design is a black skull I got for a dollar at Sally's beauty supply. :3 The formula is crap but I just have it there for the looks. 

To add a little levity, some Weird Al for your viewing pleasure:

I wanna have a for real fight with Weird Al over the Oxford comma thing. Oxford comma for life. I'm not an English teacher but I'm pretty sure I'd be unemployed if I couldn't be coherent with letters and words and those pesky punctuation marks.
I have to admit those marketing shots make me drool a little bit. I stare at my polish rack sometimes while I'm getting ready and think about pretty colors. It's very relaxing, like looking at paint samples. I can imagine a row of pointy lidded bottles on a shelf somewhere. I have enough guilt over my conspicuous consumerism without $50 polish though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be the first to admit that if something has adorable/unique packaging, it sucks me in.

But...$50...man, that's steep. That's like, 2 pairs of contacts for me... or money towards more ridiculous fashion items lol. Price is what keeps me from buying the liz lisa cosme blush too.

I think of it in terms of overtime I've worked, but not like "I've worked x number of hours of overtime specifically so I can afford this!"  More like "I've worked x number of hours of overtime even though I would prefer not to, so I *deserve* this," 

(My OT is one of situations where there's a certain amount of work that has to be done in a day, and there are only a certain number of people who can do it, so I pretty much always work ten-hour days every Monday and Tuesday, plus random other OT days depending on what's going on.  I can't opt out of it, but my boss is so cool that it doesn't feel like OMG MANDATORY OVERTIME.  It just feels like this is what we all do in order to get things done.  I frequently use makeup as a reward for getting through particularly nasty times at work!)

@@Meggpi Yes! I am a chronic user and forever fan of the Oxford comma. I have a bad habit of editing Oxford commas into my colleagues' work if I am doing the final review
Totally used to do this. Then I went to journalism school.

And then..

I got smacked..

by the Associated Press Stylebook.

The AP Stylebook is NOT A FAN of Oxford Commas or double spaces at the end of sentences.

And everything that I knew and loved disappeared forever. The Oxford Comma and I had a terrible and messy divorce. It was not pretty guys.  :scared:

And then..

I got smacked..

The AP Stylebook is NOT A FAN of Oxford Commas or double spaces at the end of sentences.

And everything that I knew and loved disappeared forever. The Oxford Comma and I had a terrible and messy divorce. It was not pretty guys.  :scared:
I would die!  APA requires both double spaces after period AND the Oxford comma.  My partner only does technical writing (engineer) and he cringes at my double spaces.

My brother sent me this--under spoiler for very very slightly risque drawing:

OX7E8By.png

Back to the topic on hand. The CL nail polish is a pass for me. Even if I were a multimillionaire it'd be a pass because no one is going to look at my nails and say, "OMG! You're wearing Louboutin nail polish!"
The shoes on the other hand...

I'm with ya girl. Those bottles are stunning but there's better ways for me to spend that $50.

I'm with you ladies. I'm intrigued but would not buy because of the cost.

I can't even force myself to splurge on Dior, Chanel, YSL. I understand the appeal, but I'm not the kind of person who is swayed by labels.

I love the bottles and seeing them im the different colors *swoon* BUT there's no justifying $50 for a polish for me. I dont even by BL for full price.

@@slinka I'll take a mace atomizer! Can mine spray glitter too? I want my attacker blind and FABULOUS!

And then..

I got smacked..

I wish journalists would, at the very least, follow their own guidelines, or proofread at all.  I find so many mistakes in news articles, it makes me want to scream!  I was an English Lit major.  I let little mistakes slide, but when I see news articles full of mistakes, including mistakes in headlines, there is just no excuse!  

As for the nail polish, I think I will pass, but never say never.  Those bottles are very well designed, and I am a nail polish person.  I paint my nails at least twice a week and have a little bit of a collection.  

Seeing the eggplant polish, swoon! Even if I were to theoretically buy I I would never wear it, the bottle is too pretty for anything more than sitting and staring at!

Death to double spaces after punctuation! We no longer use typewriters when they served a purpose. Graphic Designers hate double spaces! 

I want to see your mani!!! Post it, please, it sounds awesome!!!

Apparently it's not just the one red- there is a set of nudes, a set of noirs, and a set of brights. It looks like there is an eggplant-y color in the noirs collection.

christian-louboutin-nail-polish-the-noirs.jpg

christian-louboutin-nail-polish-the-nudes.jpg

072414-louboutin-nail-polish1-480.jpg

Sorry for the large photos!!!
I actually like them. But I just can't justify paying $50 for a polish. Maybe one day... I say each is own. We all spend money on something someone else wouldn't.

Really if you look at things I could afford it. If I decide not to eat fast food for 5 times I would have the money. The only difference is that people shell out $10 like its nothing. Whereas $50 tend to make you a little more conscious. Come to think about it, I spent way over that going out this past weekend. So, like I said each its own. So... Who knows with my reasoning I may end up with a bottle, lol.

Oh, those Noir colors are gorgeous. But there's no way I'm going to get $50 worth of enjoyment from a nail polish.

I can't even force myself to splurge on Dior, Chanel, YSL. I understand the appeal, but I'm not the kind of person who is swayed by labels.
I am not really into labels. But I must say some of the designer products are really nice. You just have to do your research and find what works for you. My motto has been quality over quantity whether it's name brand or not.

I am not really into labels. But I must say some of the designer products are really nice. You just have to do your research and find what works for you. My motto has been quality over quantity whether it's name brand or not.
Exactly! I will invest in nice designer products if it is *worth* the money, but this would definitely not be a random splurge for me at all, when I could get several solid quality indie polishes for less.

Back