Circular Swap #6 - American Beauty Discussion Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that box looks AMAZING! So hard to wait for it though, hehe! I want like half the stuff in there! I'm glad I have a ton of stuff to add myself and I can't wait to see what gets added along the way!

Oh and I love the name American Beauty :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We really need to change the title of this thread! I clicked on a few others trying to find this one...or maybe I need to be less stalkerish and stop following all the other box threads  :blush:

BOOM!, Done.

(for a moment there I was about to just call you guys Slytherin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )
Yay! Thank you @tgooberbutt. I'm flattered you all liked my group name suggestion too! To pass time as I wait for the big ol' box of goodies to arrive, I've got to take the house test on Pottermore. I love the Tarte After Dark Palette but I'm not sure it's enough to get me into Slytherin...haha

Yay! Our group is awesome! I checked the tracking on the box, and it looks like they bumped the expected delivery date up to Wednesday! 

While we're waiting for the box, let's keep getting to know each other! Name your top 3 favorite tv shows at the moment and then name one character off any of those shows whose style you admire. 

I'm going to say

1) Doctor Who

2) Masters of Sex

3) American Horror Story

I'm going to go the obvious route and say I admire the style of Virginia Johnson from Masters of Sex. I think her makeup is beautiful! 

I know! I have been tracking the box like crazy and will have an amazing mail day tomorrow, but I am most excited for the Circular Swap!! 

Okay, @@BlackMagicRose you are so good at coming up with questions! I really had to think about this one...

Top 3 TV Shows

1) The Killing (We binge watch this every night and are almost finished... :scared: )

2) Homeland (Can't wait for this season to start! :w00t:  )

3) A tie between Orange is the New Black & House of Cards ( I cheated listing 2...sorry!)

I will say I admire Claire Underwood's style. Her wardrobe is all about class, power and understated sex appeal! I want to dress like her all the time!

Top favorite shows:

1. Orphan Black

2. Game of Thrones

3. Grey's Anatomy

I admire Sarah Manning's style (from Orphan Black).   

Oooh, Claire Underwood is a good one! I have been wanting to watch Orphan Black for forever and just haven't gotten the chance to sit down and make a marathon of it yet! From what I can tell, Sarah Manning looks kind of "biker chic?" 

Oooh, Claire Underwood is a good one! I have been wanting to watch Orphan Black for forever and just haven't gotten the chance to sit down and make a marathon of it yet! From what I can tell, Sarah Manning looks kind of "biker chic?" 
Sarah Manning is definitely biker chic meets punk.  Which by the way is not my personal style, but I do admire the way she can pull it off.

The show is sooo good.  You'll be hooked in the first 5 minutes.

My favorites:

1. Orphan Black

2. Game of Thrones/House of Cards

3. The Mindy Project

I cheated and put two for one, too, but they're kind of the same with the whole political "I will kill you for your job" thing. And while I'm not the biggest fan of the second season of Mindy Project, I still watch every week just for her amazing wardrobe. 

Also, if you haven't watched Orphan Black, do it now. It's on Amazon prime instant video. Tatiana Maslany is amazing!

Get to know ya questions, love it! 

Top 3 TV shows:

1.The Fall (via netflix)

1.Hannibal

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]2.Walking Dead (via netflix)[/SIZE]

3.American Horror Story (too! Also via netflix)

Yes, they are all blood, guts and killing  :blush:  I'm not too stylish, but I guess I'd say Stella Gibson from The Fall (Gillian Anderson) all my other choices are dead or covered in blood!

My favorites:

1. Orphan Black

2. Game of Thrones/House of Cards

3. The Mindy Project

I cheated and put two for one, too, but they're kind of the same with the whole political "I will kill you for your job" thing. And while I'm not the biggest fan of the second season of Mindy Project, I still watch every week just for her amazing wardrobe. 

Also, if you haven't watched Orphan Black, do it now. It's on Amazon prime instant video. Tatiana Maslany is amazing!
I really do want to watch it! I'm just so busy with school and work right now! I seriously have about 100 things on my DVR!  :lol:

I will watch it though soon, I promise! I think I have a few days coming up so I can stay in my pajamas and binge watch it!  I like the comparison between Game of Thrones and House of Cards. They are very similar in that way, aren't they?  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Get to know ya questions, love it!

Top 3 TV shows:

1.The Fall (via netflix)

1.Hannibal

2.Walking Dead (via netflix)

3.American Horror Story (too! Also via netflix)

Yes, they are all blood, guts and killing :blush: I'm not too stylish, but I guess I'd say Stella Gibson from The Fall (Gillian Anderson) all my other choices are dead or covered in blood!
I like Hannibal and Walking Dead too, although I can only watch them in small doses. The creepiness of Hannibal starts to get to me a few episodes in...as for Walking Dead, the characters all just start to annoy me after a while. Plus I start dreaming about walkers. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back