Circular Swap Round 2-East Coast Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Played in Loops...I am so sorry this has happened twice with boxes that you started!!  I'm so glad Vee thought of passing another box onto your group.  Great solution!!  

Just wanted to say...don't give up on humanity (not really humanity but you know what I mean!) because of two inconsiderate people!!  Look at it this way...think of all the ladies who participated the right way and had a blast.  The "good guys" FAR outnumber the "bad guys" in this case.  

I participated in the second round CA box and had a BLAST!  Let's keep this going and not let two stinkers ruin it for everyone else!

What kills me is that by keeping the box she held up the East Coast Swap as well as delaying the possible restarting of all of the swap boxes. Karma's a B!+(#.  I know that in the grand scheme of things, out little swap boxes are relatively insignificant. Sometimes,  just getting something nice in the mail is a godsend to an otherwise horrible day. It's nice to be able to connect on the forum and spread a little sunshine via usps. I look forward to participating again. 

I gotta admit, it's funny how this has blossomed, when it was origianlly just a way for us all to offload foil packets and stuff that wasn't likely to trade as individual pieces.

Ummm .. not surprised that someone thought to highjack the box, since it's already happened before and these boxes have some really great stuff. A little crazy, I know, but people stink sometimes lol. It's a risk every time and we all know there are inconsiderate people, regardless of circumstances or situations. Just boils down to choices and Lynda V is right. We've got far more good peeps on here, wanting to share and play nice together than gnarly folks! I'm super happy I got to participate and hope the good vibes outweigh the bad so we can all go another round. Besides, the swaplifters may log in, but will never get the benefit of participating or interacting with members/swaps again due to their bad behavior. We might be an online forum and all, but we are a little community and although we don't chat face to face, we'd probably make some noise if the rotten little apples popped back up. Shame shame rotten apples! Karma will get you lol.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I gotta admit, it's funny how this has blossomed, when it was origianlly just a way for us all to offload foil packets and stuff that wasn't likely to trade as individual pieces.
Honestly, I kind of wish it had stayed that way! This probably wouldn't have happened if it was just a box of foil packets..and people who weren't actually committed to participating probably wouldn't, thus limiting the time the box takes to make the rounds and the chances of someone keeping it. Because who wants an entire box of foil packets?

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ummm .. not surprised that someone thought to highjack the box, since it's already happened before and these boxes have some really great stuff. A little crazy, I know, but people stink sometimes lol. It's a risk every time and we all know there are inconsiderate people, regardless of circumstances or situations. Just boils down to choices and Lynda V is right. We've got far more good peeps on here, wanting to share and play nice together than gnarly folks! I'm super happy I got to participate and hope the good vibes outweigh the bad so we can all go another round.

Besides, the swaplifters may log in, but will never get the benefit of participating or interacting with members/swaps again due to their bad behavior. We might be an online forum and all, but we are a little community and although we don't chat face to face, we'd probably make some noise if the rotten little apples popped back up. Shame shame rotten apples! Karma will get you lol.
I agree with you, I just wish people were more honest! There will be another round, most definitely, and I've got some good ideas on how to limit the temptation for someone to keep the box...but they might kill some of the fun. (My post in reply to calexxia might hint at these ideas, lol, but I'm working on perfecting them). 

I agree with you, I just wish people were more honest! There will be another round, most definitely, and I've got some good ideas on how to limit the temptation for someone to keep the box...but they might kill some of the fun. (My post in reply to calexxia might hint at these ideas, lol, but I'm working on perfecting them). 
Maybe if it's just more exclusive, so a bunch of newbs with little to no history/ties here cannot participate and more swap/trade feedback? We get a lot of traffic, but some members are only active for a few months and then dip out. Of course, the nice ladies who've already participated have shown they're good for it lol. I watched the "evolution" and how it went from unwanted foils to larger samples and sometimes lightly used items. Kinda neat to see certain items don't work for me per say, but another lady will snatch them up! I'm eager to sign up again for a new round and happy to see the East Coast box finish up, despite the huge setback. Either way, bless you and the peeps who came up with this idea and organized it. Plus, you box starters! As Tacoma Girl stated, it is awesome and possible to find a little box of happiness every now and then lol.

We get a lot of traffic, but some members are only active for a few months and then dip out.
I'd actually say "most".

Word ... I'm just too lazy to edit and trying to be courteous lol.
I guess I'm known for being rude.

I guess I'm known for being rude.
Lol, I didn't mean to imply that. You're dry and sarcastic.. which is realistic and funny, IMO. I just feel I need to censor myself so I'm not offending people. I'm more than happy to tell it like it is and that fits me to a T, but am trying to be... Diplomatic? Brutal honesty is just that lol, but I don't want people thinking that moderator should be scratched off and another not so nice word replace it lol. Sum it up.. don't want everyone thinking I'm a total a hole.

Lol, I didn't mean to imply that. You're dry and sarcastic.. which is realistic and funny, IMO. I just feel I need to censor myself so I'm not offending people. I'm more than happy to tell it like it is and that fits me to a T, but am trying to be... Diplomatic? Brutal honesty is just that lol, but I don't want people thinking that moderator should be scratched off and another not so nice word replace it lol. Sum it up.. don't want everyone thinking I'm a total a hole.
I'm sure no one thinks you are, first of all. Just as I'm sure (now) that you aren't trying to imply that I am, in contrast. I AM brutally honest, totally blunt, and occasionally downright crass. But...sometimes that's what a forum needs?

(No harm, no foul, eh? YOU, I got no beef with).

Let me stop while I'm ahead or behind lol. Keep putting my foot in my mouth! No, a holes here. I like honesty, brutal or otherwise! Even when I'm the jack ass. Might not appreciate it at the moment, but I can reflect and do so later when I hang up my horns lol. I meant the censor for myself, not others. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Back to the boxes! Where are the photos? I love seeing pics of the swap boxes and now the box is up and running..want pics lol.

And I was letting you know that I"m NOT taking offense, sugar. NO BEEF!

I'm glad that some folks are amused by my bluntness, I will say that--some others get pissy about it!

I had some beef for dinner! Lol, wonderful juicy form of a cheese burger.. yum with a root beer float and my dog begging beside me. My fault he's a little monster or tries to be.. I think the box has one or two more ladies to go..? Pics please when you get it lol.

I just got the box today and holy crap it's huge. There's so much in it!! Here's the box when I opened it. I forgot to take pictures when I was going through it but I'll take some tonight when my mom goes through it! There was so much awesome stuff, it's helped with some of my Christmas shopping that's for sure! lol
Edit: lol I just noticed how weird and creepy my hand looks.

Back