Circular Swap Round #4 The Spring Cleaning Edition

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the box today!

Here is what the box looked like when I opened it, so full!

IMG_7215.JPG

And here is all of the products when I emptied them out of the box
(side note: had a clean towel underneath all of the products to make sure that nothing spilled on my furniture)

IMG_7219.JPG

When I was opening one of the bags I noticed that some products had eyeshadow all over them

IMG_7222.JPG

I found out that the culprit was this Clinque eyeshadow duo, I took it out of the bag and threw it out. I also wiped everything in that bag with a makeup remover wipe

IMG_7224.JPG

IMG_7226.JPG

This is what I took out:

IMG_7237.JPG

This is what I added in:

IMG_7240.JPG

(another side note: everything I put in was brand new, besides the ISH palette which was only swatched and then sanitized. I also added in a Smashbox Instant Matte Lip sample as well, but forgot to put it in the photo)

I organized everything as well, but made sure to keep the gently used products away from everything else. The makeup bag has haircare, a birchbox has color face products, a starlooks box has liquid eyeliner as well as things like brow gel and mascara, and lots of plastic bags hold other things.

Lastly here is a picture of the box after everything was put back in, this took me a solid 20 minutes! The box is completely full

IMG_7245.JPG

I will be able to send out the box to @@Reija as soon as possible, will send her a PM for the address

This was super fun! Would love to continue doing this if anyone wanted to make it a regular thing. Thanks again for squeezing me in, was such a fun experience!

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one?  Now that I've joined this swap, every time I get an order from Ulta, Sephora, or a major department store I am thinking.....Which goodies will go into the swap?  I am far less inclined to sigh and whine to myself when an 'extra' does not suit me (or especially when it also doesn't suit anyone I know) because now I know I can send it along and someone else will choose it.  I do the Barneys and SpaceNK semi-annual events, too; and I hate to waste those high end items.  So glad when I see someone select them from our swap box.  Heck, I get a little giddy when I see anyone select anything that I have added.  It also is a way for me to appreciate the items that I just don't get or are just a total miss for my 'type' but for which I feel I 'paid for' even though they were the 'extras' that came with my order.  I hope that made sense!

So as we move towards the next round, we have a thread set up for a summer swap.

Do you guys want to do the circular style again this summer or do we want to do a secret santa style swap OR BOTH?  

Tell me what you guys are up for?  We'll look at getting things rolling in a couple weeks.

So as we move towards the next round, we have a thread set up for a summer swap.

Do you guys want to do the circular style again this summer or do we want to do a secret santa style swap OR BOTH?  

Tell me what you guys are up for?  We'll look at getting things rolling in a couple weeks.
Okay with whatever the majority votes but I would hate to have our wonderful swap stop!

Now, can I ask a favor?  I have signed up for Adidas box the other day.  I can't tell in my account if it has shipped or when it will.  I'm trying to stay spoiler free now that I've purchased it so am afraid to look at the thread.  Does anyone know if people are getting their shipping notices or boxes yet?  (I don't even know if they send shipping notices!)  I figure someone here must be doing that box too!  Thanks!

Okay with whatever the majority votes but I would hate to have our wonderful swap stop!

Now, can I ask a favor?  I have signed up for Adidas box the other day.  I can't tell in my account if it has shipped or when it will.  I'm trying to stay spoiler free now that I've purchased it so am afraid to look at the thread.  Does anyone know if people are getting their shipping notices or boxes yet?  (I don't even know if they send shipping notices!)  I figure someone here must be doing that box too!  Thanks!
Yeah they are, spoilers are up so don't look. My sister also gets that box and hasn't got a shipping notice yet. Don't fret they appear to be coming in waves.

Now, can I ask a favor? I have signed up for Adidas box the other day. I can't tell in my account if it has shipped or when it will. I'm trying to stay spoiler free now that I've purchased it so am afraid to look at the thread. Does anyone know if people are getting their shipping notices or boxes yet? (I don't even know if they send shipping notices!) I figure someone here must be doing that box too! Thanks!
I got shipping notice via email.

Yeah they are, spoilers are up so don't look. My sister also gets that box and hasn't got a shipping notice yet. Don't fret they appear to be coming in waves.
I just signed up a few days ago so I'm probably going to be on the tail end.  I hope all those posts on MSA are from happy people.  It's going to be so hard to 'read around' the spoilers now.  Hope it comes soon!

@@cpl100 They are shipping FedEx from SC, so if you have a FedEx account you should be able to see it when it pops up.  People are getting their boxes within two days.  I didn't get my notice until about noon yesterday and I'm still getting my box on Friday.  SO EXCITED!

Back