Cleaning your brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ulta will carry it until they exhaust their stock and after that there is no more Japonesque Parian Spirit.
icon_cry.gif

Will cleaning it with water and antibacterial soap do the trick? or do I have to buy a makeup brush cleaner?

I use a mixture of dawn + extra virgin olive oil to clean my brushes and use the brush guards to dry them upside down. I find that, that works best for me !

I find this most economical and effective!

Originally Posted by Tinkabella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use a mixture of dawn + extra virgin olive oil to clean my brushes and use the brush guards to dry them upside down. I find that, that works best for me !

Ulta will carry it until they exhaust their stock and after that there is no more Japonesque Parian Spirit. :icon_cry:
Do you mean the manufacturer is not making it anymore? Or Ulta is not going to carry it anymore?

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ulta will carry it until they exhaust their stock and after that there is no more Japonesque Parian Spirit.
icon_cry.gif

Do you mean the manufacturer is not making it anymore? Or Ulta is not going to carry it anymore?

Not making it any more so Ulta won't be carrying it once their supplies have been exhausted. Japonesque will have a different brush cleaner but it won't be Parian Spirit. Here's what I posted in the Parian Spirit thread a few weeks back.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woke up to another email from Parian Spirit with more info in regards to Japonesque's Parian Spirit.

It's the SAME thing!

As of January 2013, Parian Spirit no longer makes Japonesque's Parian Spirit and once their supplies have run out then their brush cleaner will be different and no longer be Parian Spirit. But the current Japonesque Parian Spirit that you can find at Ulta or other distributors is Parian Spirit and like Parian Spirit does not contain any preservatives so it too has a short shelf life.

Personally I never knew Parian Spirit made Japonesque's Parian Spirit in the first place. As of January 2013 after 15 years of making it for Japoneque, Parian Spirit no longer does.

Originally Posted by zadidoll Woke up to another email from Parian Spirit with more info in regards to Japonesque's Parian Spirit. It's the SAME thing! As of January 2013, Parian Spirit no longer makes Japonesque's Parian Spirit and once their supplies have run out then their brush cleaner will be different and no longer be Parian Spirit. But the current Japonesque Parian Spirit that you can find at Ulta or other distributors is Parian Spirit and like Parian Spirit does not contain any preservatives so it too has a short shelf life. Personally I never knew Parian Spirit made Japonesque's Parian Spirit in the first place. As of January 2013 after 15 years of making it for Japoneque, Parian Spirit no longer does.
Ahh right... The reason I ask, is that I just bought a 1litre refill of Parian Spirit on May 24th with a manufacturer date of May 15/13 on the label. Normally the store manager gives us union pros a heads up if things are being discontinued or if new products are being introduced, and he didn't mention if they were being discontinued, I knew the store was out-of-stock at the beginning of May and he was expecting a shipment within a couple of weeks. Then again, I didn't ask if Parian Spirit was being discontinued... And the store (Kryolan) doesn't carry the Japonesque version.

I use Johnson's Baby Shampoo. I like how it keeps my brushes soft. I tried using the Ivory soap, but my brushes didn't come out as soft. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i make my own by liquefying my african black soap

i put a bit of ABS in a glass jar (less than a 1/4) and boil some purified water

i also add a bit of shea butter or hair conditioner to condition my brushes

pour the boiling water into the jar put the lid on it and slightly shake it u to dissolve the black soap

and common sense i hope do not grab the jar with your bare hands i use a silicone oven mitt

when cleaning my brushes i dip them into the mixture and rub the brush onto a wet gloved hand it suds up really well

i use a dish washing glove that is very texturized

even my bare minerals brushes which i hardly ever use because i find them scratchy come out very very soft!!!!

i originally made this for a liquid face soap that i didnt use that much so i randomly tried it on my nastiest foundation brush and was blown away by how well it worked

and its all organic (if you use shea butter instead of conditioner)

Parian Spirit is not being discontinued, only the Japonesque version, they came up with something that seems similar, but is oilier and does not dry as fast, nor does it clean as well. They are trying to pass it off as Parian. The 32 oz or 1 liter size is only made by Parian Spirit.

I use Murphy's Oil Soap and for tougher jobs, the dawn/olive oil combo works great. I always dry them bristles down.

Is it good to wash the brush?I didn't try that with my brushes cause I'm not sure if what will happen.
What will happen is that your brushes will be clean and disinfected. Remember, if your make-up or make-up tools (brushes) smell off, it means you are smelling the fecal matter from the over population of the bacteria growth that is happening. Clean tools + hygienic practices = clean make-up.

One of my friends who's a make up artist gave me this advice and now I give it to all my friends since it works so well: Get all of the stuff you need first. Dirty make up brushes, olive oil, liquid castille soap, vinegar, a washcloth and 2 little little bowls. Pour about a teaspoon of the olive oil on the washcloth and swipe your brush on it very gently several times until it looks noticeably cleaner. Try to avoid wetting the part where the bristles are attached to the brush. Then mix together the castille soap and a little warm water in one of the little bowls and wash your brush in it.Try to make sure you got all of the makeup off before moving onto the next step. Once you feel like you've gotten pretty much all of the makeup off and the water is a brownish color you can move on to the next one. Dip the brush in white vinegar a few times and rinse the brush off really well with hot water. Then you can dry it off with a clean towel and you'll have a nice clean brush! Hope that helps!
biggrin.gif

Back