Consumer Reports: The MUT Indie Edition

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of my experiences, however, have been very positive, and many stand out. Spectrum Cosmetics, when I reported having received a bottle of perfume that had leaked all over its bag (turned out it had a crack right where the rollerball snaps into the bottle itself) sent a full replacement immediately, free of charge. Theme Fragrance, after sending me the wrong lip color, told me to keep the accidental one and sent something new.
Yes to this. Spectrum cosmetics (if you're referring to the Etsy company) is one of the best indie companies I have ordered from. The owner is so sweet and replied very promptly to all of my messages to her. She also included insurance on my package and signature confirmation (which I love when my order is worth a lot) She also had no problem making a custom listing for me.

GDE has always been fabulous. When I ordered the entire collection Vanessa emailed me right away letting me know that my order would take a few extra days to get together.

So far I am very impressed with NM. I got my shipping info today for my black friday order. When I placed that order I forgot the 40% off coupon code and emailed her thanks to the advice of a few MUTers and she applied the discount to my order and refunded me the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes to this. Spectrum cosmetics (if you're referring to the Etsy company) is one of the best indie companies I have ordered from. The owner is so sweet and replied very promptly to all of my messages to her. She also included insurance on my package and signature confirmation (which I love when my order is worth a lot) She also had no problem making a custom listing for me.
Yes, that's the one! For all that huge inventory and what appears to be some very fast product turnover, I have never had to wait more than 2 days for shipping and Erica is VERY quick in responding to emails and convos. She was also wonderful about explaining some of the stuff that was sent in a grab bag, taking the trouble to tell me what product it was (it came unlabeled) and that it was lip-safe. I will gladly order again!

GDE has always been fabulous. When I ordered the entire collection Vanessa emailed me right away letting me know that my order would take a few extra days to get together.

So far I am very impressed with NM. I got my shipping info today for my black friday order. When I placed that order I forgot the 40% off coupon code and emailed her thanks to the advice of a few MUTers and she applied the discount to my order and refunded me the difference.
Yes!  I forgot to hit recalculate after adding my 40% off coupon for NM on black friday and they were great about adding it and refunding the difference.  I've been very happy with both Notoriously Morbid and Glamour Doll Eyes.  

Back