Cover girl has got to do better

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I like from CoverGirl are their lip glosses.....everything else, Im not soooooooooo impress with ~ but thats just me!

Cover Girl gets a huge thumbs down from me. Even their most hyped products were disappointing.

Originally Posted by llehsal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Meh....I don't get the rave about Lash Blast...maybe I missed something.

I have small and short lashes and it does nothing for them. In fact, the mascara usually ends up on my eyelid thanks to the chunky applicator.

Yeah, I totally agree, Cover Girl is definitely not a make-up brand i would ever buy. I tried some of their products in the past ,not good. You have to expect that for the price & where they're selling their products.

I purchased the CoverGirl clean makeup for oil control and I do not care for this foundation. There is something strange about the finish of  this foundation,  I will be writing a review on the foundation later. I do have a couple of their eyeshadows that I like and I use one of their mascara I think it is called professional something, it's in the blue tube. I like it because it does not smudge.

Cover Girl has gone down hill over the years. Unfortunately the parent company that owns Cover Girl AND Max Factor choose to stop selling Max Factor in the US and leave it's "sister company" Cover Girl behind. Wish they'd get rid of Cover Girl and bring back Max Factor.

I actually love the Liqui'line Blast liners. They're not UD or MUFE level, and there's certainly comparable at the drugstore for around the same price (L'Oreal Liquid Pencil, Annabelle Smoothliners, GOSH Velvet Touch) but they're surprisingly good. Tapestry Taupe single is also a must-have. It's not again, on par with a lot of more pigmented brands, and I'm not sure it'll show all that well on deeper skintones, but it's been my go-to with NARS Cairo on the lid for the last little while. The new Lip Perfection lipsticks aren't bad either, though overpriced if they're not on sale. Why they included so many Frost formulas, I don't know - I'd be buying Darling (huge fan of the film, and the site recommended it for my colouring!) if it weren't for the damn glitter chunks in it. And I'm surprised how good the Natureluxe tinted balms are. They're average in terms of actual pigmentation, but they're a heckuva lot more hydrating than what Burts' Bees offers. The rest of the line is just average to terrible. LashBlast has to be one of the most overhyped drugstore mascaras, after Voluminous. Cripsy lashes, clumps, and a crappy brush.

I really love the LastBlast Fusion mascara, I use it everyday.
I do agree with everything else being horrible though, Covergirl is one of the brands that I don't ever touch.
Horribly disappointed with everything else I've tried, since I was a pre-teen.

The NatureLuxe foundation is retarded too. I watched a show on CBC that was exposing all of the brands that use the 'Nature/Natural/Organic' gimmick to sell their products, when there isn't any difference between their normal ingredients except a higher price.
This foundation is one of those and it even contains an ingredient that's one of the worst for the environment. A 'hint' of cucumber. They literally mean it, not impressed. =/

I can't say I've been as disappointed as others. I have always liked their Clean Pressed Powder. I'm also currently using a concealer by them. I will say their coverage is more on the light side though. I also liked the Lash Blast mascara.

I'll be getting their concealer, but that's the only product of theirs I'm going to get, it's amazing how many people are actually really dissatisfied with CG.

I'm with you on the Lash Blast. I thought this mascara was way overrated.. even the new and improved "Lash Blast Fusion" didn't do much for me. The pigment was just ehh.

Originally Posted by TwinkletOes26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe its just me...i tried lash blast and wasnt impressed...I do like the blushes they are the only good thing I have found.

I've always hated cover girl.  I haven't tried it in about 10 years because there was not 1 thing I liked about them.  There foundations were all pinkish, they smelled gross, the lipsticks were bad the nailpolishes didn't stay etc etc.  I've been hearing such good things about lashblast I MAY have to try it out.  I'm very picky about my mascaras though and haven't touched any other mascara that wasn't maybelline in years. 

I liked their mascaras, but I'm drifting away from them as well. I'm finding that Maybelline and L'Oreal Paris  has much better products, when comparing them apples to apples.

Their mascaras I love everything else....well I can't really make a comment since I've only tried one trio eyeshadow palette and an eyeliner. Seems like an ok brand but honestly I wouldn't spend too much money on them.

There are a few gems with CoverGirl but when they miss the mark, they REALLY miss it. That pretty much covers all their eyeshadows, although as someone mentioned before Tapestry Taupe is a true diamond in the rough. I also LOVE LashBlast mascara (my HG) and I am impressed with their blushes - good pigmentation and blendability, although I don't love the strange old woman perfumey smell their powdered products have! But even still I use two of their Cheekers blushes quite regularly! Their face powder was just meh to me... I only bought it because I was in a pinch and very broke, and there it was! LOL

I like LashBlast too, but I think it's just as good as Maybelline's Define a Lash, at least for me. I don't really care for their eyeshadows or blushes, so to be honest, I don't really actively seek out Cover Girl's stuff for any reason. I agree with people here, it's got to start doing better. I used to think it was at least better than Wet n' Wild, but now Wet n' Wild is really starting to improve.

Back