Crossdressing curiosity????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by thekifchicksami /img/forum/go_quote.gif what happens when your children do find out? you should tell them so they can grow up knowing its ok, rather being in high school and people saying mean thing cause you know how teens can be??
just a thought, but i think its awesome that you are who u are!

We don't tell because that's how my wife wants it and I honor her wishes... And they know who I am.. A loving caring father who would do anything for them.. I always say... Who I am and my happiness is independent of the clothes I wear..

Originally Posted by xjackie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think there are actually more "cross dressing" women than men (as in more women dress as men, then men dress as women). Women go out in men's clothing all the time but it's just very socially accepted so labels aren't put on it. I see a tomboy as somebody who doesn't want to wear makeup, throws her hair up easy (ponytail), and jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers, more into rough housing/sports, will wear a dress and perhaps tinted chapstick for a special occasion, like a wedding. (dresses more out of convenience than out of trying to cross dress) I wouldn't label this person as a cross dresser though.
I see a female crossdresser as somebody who wraps bandages around her bust to try to make herself look flat, has a shorter more "butch" haircut, and work boots. very baggy pants to hide a waist/hips. refuses to wear a skirt (ever), and will show up to a wedding in a nicer pair of slacks. not necessarily into sports or rough housing, but can be. (dresses more out of the avoidance of feminine clothing than out of convenience)

on any random day, the average person might not notice much of a difference between the two women described above.

I think there are more women cross dressers than people notice, but I don't know if there's necessarily more female cross dressers over men. I think there has to be a conscientious thought and effort to dress the other gender for it to really count as cross dressing.

Kind of like (completely my own personal feeling) I think that male cross dressers would be more wanting to put on a pair of pantyhose than your typical female. (For a girl, it's uncomfortable, expected, doesn't ever stay in place, or fit well...but for a cross dresser it'd be part of the the whole outfit, which is part of what they want to do.)

I dunno, this entire post is completely from my own thoughts and opinions and I honestly have little to no personal experience in people's feelings of cross dressing from either side, so hopefully it doesn't offend anyone lol.

Just rereading your post again Monet and have to add one more thing... Or two.... A lot of crossdressers see themselves as just regular people and that what they do is so normal for them yet the see other crossdressers as strange or perverts! Lol many are very bigoted towards other groups... Almost resentfly... I admit to some of these feelings and I have been uncomfortable in a room with other crossdressers which probably sounds kind of strange? I kind of liken it to "just because we like to wear the same clothes, doesn't make us all the same and isn't a good basis for friendship". And were not.. There's a huge diversity amungs crossdressers... Why they dress and sexual preferences.. It boggles my mind.. And that's the main reason there is like no main crossdressers liberation front.. Imho.. Were just too fragmented and 80% are off hiding in their closets! Lol.

Personally I'm lucky because I have no issues with who I am and don't need any kind of support toi "find myself". I'm now a woman trapped in a mans body or have this driving force to find out why I'm like this.. I really don't care why since even if I knew it wouldn't change a thing... So it would be a waste of my time... I don't push this on anyone... I don't see this as such a wonderful thing that everyone should try... Its a royal pain most of the time and complicated as hell.. But I accept that its not going away and embrace it and have moved on.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kind of like (completely my own personal feeling) I think that male cross dressers would be more wanting to put on a pair of pantyhose than your typical female. (For a girl, it's uncomfortable, expected, doesn't ever stay in place, or fit well...but for a cross dresser it'd be part of the whole outfit, which is part of what they want to do.)

I dunno, this entire post is completely from my own thoughts and opinions and I honestly have little to no personal experience in people's feelings of cross dressing from either side, so hopefully it doesn't offend anyone lol.

I hate pantyhose!! Thigh highs are my stockings of preference!! Lol. But your right... Crossdressers adore stockings, Slips.. Girdles.. Corsets... Lots of vintage lingerie.. And with a hobby like mine I don't offend easily.

Karren you are such a grate husband and father! You just dont think about yourself and you are ok with your wifes wishes i think thats so amazing!

Gotta say I really LOVE this thread... it's so informative and it's awesome to hear about how people are living their lives the way they want to, doing what they want to make themselves happy but still giving their all to their families and the rest of their lives. Way to go!

Well its not 100% the way I want... But If I can find any free time that I can claim for myself... Else its family and work and everything else comes first..

I'm just so glad that my wife doesn't divorce me because of all the money I spend and all the time I waste....... playing ice hockey!! Lol. You want to talk about an obsession... Anyone can dress like a girl but to shoot the puck between the goalies pads and score the wining goal in overtime.... Oh yeah!!!
biggrin.gif

Darla- Im so sorry to hear you & your wife are parting ways I wish you the best Im sure it must be hard for whatever reasons your parting ways1!!!!!

Karren- Thanks for sharing how you dont really consider you & all other crossdressers a "group" I understand how some still may find other "Groups" or others
tongue.gif
references" awkward even though they themselves may not really be in the "norm" I just feel you should give ppl the same respect you expect Like I never judge my client for his "Style" & I always try to encourage him to not Have negative thoughts of himself But than it upsets me when he gives negative comments of gays or of Men that find him attractive when hes dressed like a woman lol But i guess he just has some learning to do IDK

But thank you Darla & karren For sharing your feelings & stories
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MakeupByMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif Like I never judge my client for his "Style" & I always try to encourage him to not Have negative thoughts of himself But than it upsets me when he gives negative comments of gays or of Men that find him attractive when hes dressed like a woman lol But i guess he just has some learning to do IDK ) He must be one of those slutty crossdressers?? Hahaha. Just kidding. I have long ago abandoned judging anyone (except maybe those slutty CD's.
biggrin.gif
) .... Personally I'm flattered when some guy whistles at me even though I'm not attracted to them at all...
As long as your not hurting anyone or breaking the law.. Your business is just that.. It still amazes me that people that live on the fringes of society can be so bigoted towards others... Maybe its just because they are s mad that society doesn't accept them and they do others! Don't really know.. Lucky for me I don't really care if people don't like the way I dress..

^^^Wow thats a good hypothesis actually I never thought that maybe hes so against others since ppl may be so against him !!! Your awesome karren I love that your you & dont give a sh** what others think!!!! LOL Slutty cd's What about slutty Ppl in general lol jk

I'd take a slutty girl over a slutty guy in a mini-skirt and fish nets any day! Lol.

Our world is way too complicated for sure... Its well know to us that in general gay guys don't like crossdressers because they like guys.. I've even chatted with gay guys who crossdressed and were afraid to come out of the closet and tell their gay partner... Lol.

Its a mixed up muddled up shook up world except my Lola.. La la la la Lola!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MakeupByMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif Darla- Im so sorry to hear you & your wife are parting ways I wish you the best Im sure it must be hard for whatever reasons your parting ways1!!!!!
smile.gif

Thank you Monet!

I crossdress and I do go out in public completely dressed frequently. I do not own any guy clothes. I wear skinny jeans although I would love to be able to find skinny jeans with a long rise so if anyone knows where I might find some please let me know. I love makeup and i do quite well although I would love to find a female to do my makeup for night/club wear. I am always open to new ideas. I know there are tuts on here but I am the type of person that learns hands on. So if there are any females that live in the south western Pennsylvania area that might be interested in doing my makeup I would so appreciate it. I am very easy to get along with and I am a "real" person. It does take a lot of work to look like a female especially when you are born male but I really love it. The thing I hate about getting ready is removing my body hair. I have Italian in me and I have thick coarse body hair. I love using Nair for my body hair. If I use a razor on my thighs I get cut all the time because I have what I call "chicken skin." I have these littler bumps on my thighs especially on the inside of my thighs and if I use a razor the razor cuts them right off and I bleed. So I use Nair with baby oil and it works like a charm but I go through a bottle and a half on my whole body. So, yeah that's the part I really hate. Hair...so-so...I have naturally curly hair which I don't like. I feel that people with straight hair are lucky because if you feel like curly hair you can just curl it and if you want straight hair just wash it and blow dry and go. But with my curly hair which has always been fine but I have a lot of it, is a real pain to straighten. It takes forever to straighten not to mention my hair is almost to my waist. There are times I admit I get lazy and just do nothing except put my hair in a ponytail. When I do that I don't look very female at all so I don't wear makeup during those times but like I said I always wear female clothing because I have no other clothes and don't want any guy clothes. Ok, I'm gonna go for now...if anyone has any questions or would like to get to know me better or if you live near me and would like to become friends....please let me know. The only thing is I don't get along well with men so I really would rather have female friends. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and hope to make some friends here!

I just came across this thread. I go out every day as a female, either alone or with my wife. Knock on wood, I have never had a problem. But, I also dress age appropriate. And I don't wear a wig. My hair is natural and I think that's a really big help. My main giveaway is my voice. I try to raise pitch a bit. But of course it's still a bit deeper than a womans. But I learned inflection, verbiage and being Italian I have the hand gesturing genetically, LOL. I feel far more comfortable as a woman. I am heterosexual and married for 35 years.

Joan,

As far as your voice goes, you could always say you used to be a heavy smoker! LOL

Originally Posted by Joan_CD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just came across this thread. I go out every day as a female, either alone or with my wife. Knock on wood, I have never had a problem. But, I also dress age appropriate. And I don't wear a wig. My hair is natural and I think that's a really big help. My main giveaway is my voice. I try to raise pitch a bit. But of course it's still a bit deeper than a womans. But I learned inflection, verbiage and being Italian I have the hand gesturing genetically, LOL. I feel far more comfortable as a woman. I am heterosexual and married for 35 years.

Lol. Take a puff... It's springtime! I tend to talk softer and haven't had any problems yet. I think my inflections and words I use tend to offset the tone.

Oh good...would love to hear you. I used to have no problem speaking but lately I've been having trouble. I have a really bad back and been in a lot of pain lately so maybe that's why.

Originally Posted by Joan_CD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol. Take a puff... It's springtime! I tend to talk softer and haven't had any problems yet. I think my inflections and words I use tend to offset the tone.

This is a great thread.

Personally I am a crossdresser.  Love it.

I have gone out in public.  Its wonderful just to me, I really don't care what others thing.

I don't dress all the time, wish I could, but work and family obligations are important to me. 
But the last time I dressed it was for the entire weekend.  I went to a couple of salons on a Friday night and Saturday.  Got all done up.  Hair, makeup, nails.  It was a blast.

Since this thread has revived, I'll throw my long-winded, potentially boring-to-tears two cents worth too. Here's my personal soap opera.
sdrop.gif

I got married young, I was 21, my wife 20. I told her about my crossdressing several months before the wedding and suggested that we might want to reconsider getting married, as she didn't react well at all. I probably should have told her sooner, but it was the early 1970's and it just wasn't discussed back then, but she had dressed me as a woman for Halloween the year before and clearly enjoyed it, so I thought she would be cool with my revelation. Wow, was I WRONG. She let me know in no uncertain terms that we would get married and that I would not crossdress anymore, and since I was young, in love and didn't yet know that gender identity stuff is forever and won't be ignored, I agreed. I went cold turkey for a couple years after getting married, but eventually brought the subject up again, as I felt like I was dying inside, and was again met with a brick wall of resistance: there was no option for any sort of compromise. We lasted about 4 years and divorced.

I've stayed single since then as I didn't want to go through that Hell again, as it really hurt. My wife responded to my crossdressing by having an affair on the side, and it really crushed me. As a kid, I was beaten by a neighbor lady and also my father for crossdressing when I was 5 or 6, so I already had esteem issues over dressing, and the failed wedding and my wife's cheating added to them, big time. I still have esteem issues.

I did eventually get to the point of going to support group meetings when I was 24, and things improved significantly. But I still had a problem: I'm 6'5" tall in my bare feet, so I wasn't about to fool anyone if I went out in public, so I never did that much. When I went out, it was almost always at night to go to support group meetings and activities or to go to a friendly nightclub or bar. I've been out in the daytime maybe two or three times, and they mainly involved driving to some event for the community. Driving in my car didn't take that much courage, although I nearly freaked once when a cop car pulled up right next to me at a stoplight. I was sure I was going to be dragged from the car and beaten or something. To my relief, nothing happened, of course.

My days of going out a lot were from the late 1980's through 1999. Beginning in 1998, I began spending more and more time at my father's house helping him with things around the house as his health began declining. By 2000, I was spending way more time at his house than at my apartment, and his health issues got worse, so he and my brother asked me to move in with dad and take care of him full time. I did that until 2004 when he passed away at age 90. Since I wasn't out to my family, I again suppressed my feminine side while I took care of dad, and since he passed, it's been a huge struggle to get back to where I was before I moved back in with him. I buried my real self so deeply, I've had trouble uncovering it again and dealt with depression. It's also been a struggle for me to recover from watching up close as my dad slowly fade away for four years.

Now I'm at a point in life where I'm no spring chicken anymore, and I'm totally fed up with not dressing the way I want to, so I'm contemplating trying some daylight excursions even though I know I won't be fooling anyone. All I want now is to be tolerated, and given how the world has changed in respect to trans issues, I think that may be a realistic goal. I need to work on my presentation a bit, as I'm older and heavier now. I don't want to look ridiculous. I had a straight guy laugh and point at me once back when I used to go out nightlifing, and it really hurt, don't want to repeat that. But on the bright side, I had several people tell me that I was beautiful back then, so I guess I ought to concentrate on that instead of the one a**hole who ridiculed me.

Now, I just want to work out a presentable, tastefully dressed late middle-aged female look that's appropriate. And I'm working on losing weight, that's a biggie for me. I can't fit into a lot of my old clothes, so it's calorie-counting time.

But the look is the relatively easy part. Getting the nerve to let the world know about me is the really hard part that I'm working mightily on. 
smile.gif

I've always wished that I could just go about my business dressed the way I want to like Karren and other brave souls, and I'm working on getting that mindset as my own. Karren, you're truly an inspiration to me! I want to grow up to be just like you. 
flowers.gif

But enough downer stuff. In the last few months, the clouds have begun lifting and I'm feeling my old self coming back. I used to LOVE experimenting with makeup, bought WAY too much back in the good, old days, played with it a lot, and I'm getting back into that again, just not to the point of excess. I'm feeling quite upbeat currently, and hope things will continue getting better.

Carol

Back