Dare To Be - A Chola! (March 31st - April 13th)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lmao I love the chola video!!

I never even heard of chola but I know the look and this is sooooo funny.

I cannot wait to see what you all do. I should try it out too

I love this!! Alot of chicanas sport this look and what really cracks me up is the eyebrows!! I'm definitely doing this one. It'd be wrong for me not to do one lol!

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does anyone know what the name of that movie is in the 4th photo that Shaundra posted?.. Mi Vida Loca

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif What about Little Loca? LMAO!5Gf84ZIUxTQ

Loca? LMAO! i love the pics that you attached, especially the one of Gwen and the girl with the bandana, pretty cool.

Cool theme Celly! i wish i could enter.

remoteImage.jpg on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Cute chola! 'member lil homies? You 'member lol

chola.jpg

And last but not least, for those who really don't know what a chola is click on this link for ppl's various definitions. Some of them are pretty funny.

Urban Dictionary: chola

"A Chicana/Mexican America/Latina who is the female counter part to the Cholo in the barrio. She claims her space in the neighborhood, city, and community in which she is from. Doesn't have to have been "jumped in" to a gang to play a role as a chola. It really is a barrio mentality and pride in culture that makes her a chola.

The chola art is something very beautiful- while a cholo will have a uniform of creased ****ies, a white tank top and jersey or flannel, Nike Cortes shoes or "chucks", will most likely have several tattoos and a bald head... the chola will shave her eye brows and draw them in very thin like that of the pachucas. In fact their make up resembles a 1930-1940s feel to it with outlined lip liner (usually darker that the lipstick)and "cattails" a streched out line over the eyes and her hair can be bleached blond and puffed out on top like the pachucas...

A very beautiful culture... Cholas are well respected and have a very strong heart.

Damn, everyone I know has a thing for firme looking Cholas. I miss seeing them around."

This is a very passionate Chola lover...

haha i already know im gonna do this one and ima do it all crazy too
smile.gif

I hope I have time to do this before Friday cuz Im leavin to cali and wont have time at all.

Good theme, finally something I can be good at lol

I love this look..... but how do you clean that much eye liner and mascara off? A fire hose! hahaha

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love this look..... but how do you clean that much eye liner and mascara off? A fire hose! hahaha Lol! Pretty much.

Trish! You look really good... I'm loving the lips.

I was playing around yesterday with my "chola" look - just like testing what I got. I couldn't stop cracking up at how I looked. I told my best friend today we gotta do a photoshoot together. She's down... we got poses set and all.

I tried looking for a friend of mine's halloween picture... she did the best chola look ever. Fake tattoo and all but she hid it on myspaz. Bah.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif Patricia...way to start to start off this new theme. I skerred of you! Love the bandana! Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Trish! You look really good... I'm loving the lips. Thanks you two.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't go heavy with eyeliner but whatever. lol
smile.gif
Well ya look fantastic!! I don't even own a bandana!! lol

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't go heavy with eyeliner but whatever. lol
smile.gif

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...mut/Image2.jpg

Dang, girl! Love the lips.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was playing around yesterday with my "chola" look - just like testing what I got. Me, too! I've been randomly walking around the house with Amy Winehouse liner and dark red lips.
biggrin.gif

Back