Dare To Be - A Chola! (March 31st - April 13th)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by -Liz- /img/forum/go_quote.gif "A Chicana/Mexican America/Latina who is the female counter part to the Cholo in the barrio. She claims her space in the neighborhood, city, and community in which she is from. Doesn't have to have been "jumped in" to a gang to play a role as a chola. It really is a barrio mentality and pride in culture that makes her a chola.
The chola art is something very beautiful- while a cholo will have a uniform of creased ****ies, a white tank top and jersey or flannel, Nike Cortes shoes or "chucks", will most likely have several tattoos and a bald head... the chola will shave her eye brows and draw them in very thin like that of the pachucas. In fact their make up resembles a 1930-1940s feel to it with outlined lip liner (usually darker that the lipstick)and "cattails" a streched out line over the eyes and her hair can be bleached blond and puffed out on top like the pachucas...

A very beautiful culture... Cholas are well respected and have a very strong heart.

Damn, everyone I know has a thing for firme looking Cholas. I miss seeing them around."

This is a very passionate Chola lover...

Liz, thanks for that! I had never heard of a Chola
sheep.gif
... can't wait to see entries.

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't go heavy with eyeliner but whatever. lol
smile.gif

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...mut/Image2.jpg

Great Chola-look!!
laughing.gif

When I saw this, im thinking, Celly finally got her chance to shine. Lmao. I love it.

Originally Posted by Nick007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kat Von D pictures would be good for inspiration. I agree!
So here are some more inspirational pics, Kat Von D!

katvond.jpg

guyschoice27.jpg

kat-von-d.jpg

kat_new4_380.jpg

153394110-M.jpg

kat8_380.jpg

bgleftnav.jpg

Great job, Fruake!!

I bought some lip liner for this last night... give me something to do next week.. lol

Originally Posted by love2482 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't really see Kat Von D as a "chola". me either however that being said her makeup style is a lot like a chola..(imo
smile.gif

Back