Dare to go Bare??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grr idk why it didnt post my stuff under my quotes! Here's what the missing comments were suppose to say :

@Bonnie - I'm glad you kicked the disease for 3 years now... that is awesome! Way to go you!

@Amy -  I hate the dentist, I've had too many bad visits with the dentist so i didnt go for YEARS... then when i finally went i had about 9k worth of work done and I'm still not done... can you believe that they charged me almost 5 grand to pull 3 teeth and put in bone grafting?? I was like oh hell! but it had to be done so i put it on the cc... its paid off but I still really need a lot of work done... bad teeth run in my family and no matter what I do to try to keep my teeth healthy they still chip and break... That's why I told my husband when I am done I will have a 20k smile LOL... Because by the time I'm done it will probably cost that much! LOL

i acknowledge all of you brave souls out there lol. as a professional makeup artist, it's a big no-no to be seen--well, ugly. but for demonstrative purposes with my recent blog on "Ria Gamboa's Two-Minute Makeover for Dummies", i decided to brave the wild :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i acknowledge all of you brave souls out there lol. as a professional makeup artist, it's a big no-no to be seen--well, ugly. but for demonstrative purposes with my recent blog on "Ria Gamboa's Two-Minute Makeover for Dummies", i decided to brave the wild :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have a crappy webcam, but this is pretty much the gist of it. I have some scarring from acne.

So this is me no makeup, primer, sunblock, nada. I want to tell you all that the most important asset you can have is good blemish free skin and I personally struggled for years with fairly bad acne. I have many tips and tricks for resolving the issues as well as covering them if anyone wants to do a thread on it but my point is that even though I have eye hollows that cast shadows (heredity, thxs mom :) and while they may not show much on this crappy laptop camera I have pigment scars and some depressions pits on my cheeks, I wear my bare skin proudly on a regular basis now because getting it clear was a hard fought battle. Xina, you mention that you are still slightly pink from lymes (wretched disease, my father has it) but I think your skin is absolutely beautiful. Careful with the CS, it absolutely works but can build up in the skin tissues and later in the sun turn the skin grey/blue. Not for everyone, but it does happen. Do you think it helps you because it keeps the bacteria in check or because it reduces your systems overall inflammation?

Thanks to everyone who posted ;-) we are always our own worst critic. Just remember to find the things you like about your face as well! This is a great link to side by side celeb shots with and sans mak up and the bare faces are normal looks not some crazy shot of them eating or talking, and you can really see that we ALL have issues.

Originally Posted by makeupbyria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're not calling yourself ugly without makeup are you? I hope not because you're VERY pretty without makeup (and with).

Originally Posted by CloverS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So this is me no makeup, primer, sunblock, nada. I want to tell you all that the most important asset you can have is good blemish free skin and I personally struggled for years with fairly bad acne. I have many tips and tricks for resolving the issues as well as covering them if anyone wants to do a thread on it but my point is that even though I have eye hollows that cast shadows (heredity, thxs mom :) and while they may not show much on this crappy laptop camera I have pigment scars and some depressions pits on my cheeks, I wear my bare skin proudly on a regular basis now because getting it clear was a hard fought battle. Xina, you mention that you are still slightly pink from lymes (wretched disease, my father has it) but I think your skin is absolutely beautiful. Careful with the CS, it absolutely works but can build up in the skin tissues and later in the sun turn the skin grey/blue. Not for everyone, but it does happen. Do you think it helps you because it keeps the bacteria in check or because it reduces your systems overall inflammation?

Thanks to everyone who posted ;-) we are always our own worst critic. Just remember to find the things you like about your face as well! This is a great link to side by side celeb shots with and sans mak up and the bare faces are normal looks not some crazy shot of them eating or talking, and you can really see that we ALL have issues.
Can I have your cheekbones? LOL I'd have to pay to get those cheek bones.

Back