Dare to go Bare??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xina: Beautiful. You are blessed with thick eyebrows (if you understand me). I, on the other hand, have few eyebrow hairs that are too far away from eachother. Yours will easily look very natural :)

Amy: I love your face shape and your skin. Very beautiful.

I envy all of you with flawless skin, without scars, crusts and pimples.  But I can only blame myself and my picking...

I actually have a pretty large scar on my right cheeckbone I thought it was pretty noticeable but now looking at the pictures I can't see it. 

@Xina: I don't see any imperfections on your face! You look lovely! I on the other had look dead in the morning haha... I'll have to take a pic and post it tomorrow in the morning...

As for everyone else, you guys look awesome too!

@mus: Love your natural eye brows, i wish mine would grow back already!

@Andrea: My under eye circles are worse =( i don't think yours are all that bad.

@Nicole: You look great! I love the bangs =)... i remember when I had to train my hair to go a certain way, it was a pain in the butt... lol

@zadidoll: your skin looks so nice and smooth and even do i need to go on? =)

Man i just noticed this thread was 3 pages! I only went through the 1st page before i left a comment... Anyway, i just wanted to say you guys all look great without makeup, everyone has such nice skin... I guess "we" are our own worst critics... I'll take a pic of myself soon, hopefully i'll have the courage to post it up... i seriously look blehhhh lol...

Originally Posted by sammiebz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Man i just noticed this thread was 3 pages! I only went through the 1st page before i left a comment... Anyway, i just wanted to say you guys all look great without makeup, everyone has such nice skin... I guess "we" are our own worst critics... I'll take a pic of myself soon, hopefully i'll have the courage to post it up... i seriously look blehhhh lol...

Post it up!! I can't believe I posted mine. I was super nervous about that...

I have no clue how I got away with it BUT I never gave my modeling agency my "polaroids." Like sammie says, "we are our own worst critics" and boy is that statement ever true!!

Thank you Sammie.

I totally agree that we are our own (finger twister there) worst critics. I can pick out every single flaw in my face that I absolutely hate be it my fat nose (which looks really fat first thing in the morning) to my roseacea to my weird coloring. Oh and now the wrinkles! I hated my skin in my late teens and early 20s but now that I'm in my mid-30s (entering my late 30s!) I miss that skin! this "Dare To Be Bare" was good because it did help reassure all of us that while we may hate something about our skin it's not bad like we've made it out to be in our own heads. lol

Hey Beauties!! Quick question about the yogurt masks - what yogurts are you using?

Ei, Yoplait Fat Free Vanilla? LOL!

Please advise.

laughing.gif

It has to be plain natural yogurt. Be it greek or goat or cows milk but it has to be natural

Greek yogurt, plain, when I do a yogurt mask.... Which isn't often since I end up eating the yogurt before getting around to using it as a mask! LOL Make sure the yogurt does not contain sugar or flavorings, that's the big thing.

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Grooovey! I have plain greek yogurt at home!! I will try this tonight.

All I do is slather it on my clean face right?  How long do I leave it on for?
Like all facial masks - 15 to 20 minutes (max).

I would also recommend an apple mask or a mix of apple and plain yogurt. Not apple sauce - it's been pasteurized - but apple and just toss it into the food processor. If you're doing a plain apple mask then a tsp of lemon juice (to keep the apples from browning). Apply to face for 10-15 minutes but no more than 20 or you risk a chemical burn from the acid in the apple. The acid in the apple will act like an alpha hydroxy mask but for those with sensitive skin I'd recommend less time (5 minutes) or don't use it at all.

I need to try this yogurt mask you guys are talking about... I just don't have plain yogurt =( ate it all LOL... anyway here's my not so nice bare picture =X

Here's what I HATE about my face... LOL... the left side of my face is noticeably thinner than my right side, i think its because i have no bottom teeth on my left side =(... cavaties, so they pulled both molars and another tooth on the bottom left side... I am hoping to gather enough money to get an implant and bridge on that side so hopefully my face will be more even... i hate my eye brows and my skin is really really dry =(... LOL ok that's all...

I would have never noticed the left side issue if you didn't say something! LOL And it's barely noticeable now that i know :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sammi i have the exact same problem. I don't think it has anything to do with your teeth though. I've seen two dentist's and they can't figure out why my right side seems to be a bit swelled up. I've seen two Osteopaths and same thing. They are a bit puzzled. On the bright side, in real life you can't tel, pictures make it seem worst that what it really is. =)  Unless I point it out to people, people don't notice =)

Originally Posted by arcybarrios /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sammi i have the exact same problem. I don't think it has anything to do with your teeth though. I've seen two dentist's and they can't figure out why my right side seems to be a bit swelled up. I've seen two Osteopaths and same thing. They are a bit puzzled. On the bright side, in real life you can't tel, pictures make it seem worst that what it really is. =)  Unless I point it out to people, people don't notice =)
Thanks you guys! But I am really self conscious about it, if i didn't smile then you could totally notice a difference...

@arcy - Really? Darn I really thought it had to do with my teeth... well i still need to get my teeth fixed no matter what LOL... I told my husband i want a 20k smile... LOL...

Originally Posted by sammiebz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks you guys! But I am really self conscious about it, if i didn't smile then you could totally notice a difference...

@arcy - Really? Darn I really thought it had to do with my teeth... well i still need to get my teeth fixed no matter what LOL... I told my husband i want a 20k smile... LOL...

I have some missing molars, but on each side, you can't tell. My front teeth are fake too... so I know all about being insecure because of your teeth! I was so glad I could finally get the front ones fixed! Cost me an arm and a leg but no more dead tooth in the front LOL Good luck to you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back