Dark Eyes and Lips: Can you pull it off?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by bbprincess2147 /img/forum/go_quote.gif http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/bbprincess2147/IMG_1507.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...7/IMG_1516.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...7/IMG_1534.jpg

Yeaness!
vogel.gif
lol

I am way to hyper for it to be 10:30pm and I have a stack of papers to grade.

I want your lashes!!!

Bbprincess, it really suits you!

Nox, it suits you as well!

Amanda, if I looked that while cleaning my house, My hubby would never leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!haha it would be a mess!

I don't really love the model's look, but I LOVE your lip color Manders!

Nox, I love it too!!

Do I think I can, yes.

Do I want to, no.

I just do not like the look of extra dark makeup on my eyes.

well i have no problem doing it at midnight in the bathroom, but as to go out like this... not sure. but i guess if Siouxsie Sioux can pull it off, i can too lol.

I'll try it, but the model looks really pasty for some reason. I don't have lipsticks, so Imma have to find dark e/s to mix with l/g....

I think everyone looks so great! There are lots of ways to go with the balanced eye and lip thing - very YSL, like the pic, or classic 40s, or 30s, Flapper style, Biba (60s update of Flapper), Gothic, Bettie Paige.

And I htink you could do colors other than black/grey + red. What about deep chocolate browns and a deep auburn lip? Or purples and eggplant lips? Or red shadow and black lips, even!

The only time I wear dark lippies is when I go out to a club or doing a cool goth picture. Other than that, I normally don't wear the dark lippie since it seems to always smear on my face.

i look like a freak with both but i agree.some people can pull it off some people cannot. i love dark eyes on me though and dark nail polish.LOVE

Ladies, you are all looking very, very lovely! I would post too, but I don't have a camera, and I'm afraid that my ugly mug would break quite a few computer screens.

I definitely like the look, and I do it often. I have dark, chocolate brown hair, gray eyes, and pale skin and I like the striking contrast that dark eyes and lips can bring. Plus, it's fun!

I'm going to be brave here, this was taken at a ball some months ago, not so much had dark eyes but my lips were very dark red, basically I coloured my lips in with Mac lipliner and toped it with Mac Lipglass, my lips looked quite dramatic. Oh I know my hair was a mess.

1168088210_beb8375e67_m.jpg

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I want your lashes!!! yes please!

I think you are all Goddesses!

Anthea, you are breathtaking in that gown, the fit and color looks like it was custom made for you.

I will try this tonight, I just got some currant lipsticks I need to try out.

I used to do it all the time, now im self concious I look like a clown because of how people tell you not to do it.

Might do it and post a pic sometime soon

Id only do it for going to a club lol. Its very way above and beyond my normal face. The rest of you ladies pull it off so well!! Amanda I cant believe you did that in 5 minutes, and yet I do believe it, therefore I must be a complete makeup klutz...

I also found my perfect nude lip look at last, and Im in love with it. But if I get bored sometime soon Ill come back and try this out, I dont even know how Ill look lol I havent done this look in so long.

Back