Dark Matter Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought some of this (Ursa Minor and Cassiopeia) and I'm very excited.... I love the colors, although most of them are ones I wouldn't wear (I prefer to be natural most of the time).

I just bought some of this (Ursa Minor and Cassiopeia) and I'm very excited.... I love the colors, although most of them are ones I wouldn't wear (I prefer to be natural most of the time).
All I have in my collection currently are nudes/naturals, so this is why I'm trying to branch out and try new things because I've gotten kind of bored with my makeup as of recently. A lot of it I won't be able to wear during the week, but it gives me an excuse to go crazy with my makeup on the weekends.

I was bored and wanted to check out these swatches when I got home so I did some quick lazy ones.

IMAG1358 (2).jpg

From top to bottom - TMTYL, Betelgeuse, Acrux, Ursa Minor, Polaris, Cassiopeia, not pictured - proxima, because I'm going to gift it to someone.

I didn't use any primer on these, which is probably which Acrux and Polaris look somewhat similar, but overall these shadows are gorgeous, sparkly, and wonderful. I don't always use primer because I'm lazy (and i'm used to using pressed shadows before my foray into the indie world), but I definitely think these will benefit from and need primer because they have so much sparkle to them. Betelgeuse has so much shift to it that the camera just doesn't capture in a still image.

I think as it stands my two favorite are Betelgeuse and Cassiopeia, but I can't wait to figure out how to incorporate TMTYL also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Betelgeuse is so pretty, but I'm sorry to say on my coloring it looks EXACTLY like I have been punched in the face. I'm so upset it'll have to be regulated to a liner for me. I literally did a double take in the mirror when I caught a glimpse of it, lol

Jealous of you ladies who can use it. It's such an interesting color

Betelgeuse is so pretty, but I'm sorry to say on my coloring it looks EXACTLY like I have been punched in the face. I'm so upset it'll have to be regulated to a liner for me. I literally did a double take in the mirror when I caught a glimpse of it, lol

Jealous of you ladies who can use it. It's such an interesting color
Happily, I can wear Betelgeuse, but I tend to have that problem with so many darker pinky, red, or maroon shades and it's so upsetting, I'll either look like I've been crying or like I've been punched. I feel your pain!

Current lust list: Galileo, Cassiopeia, Ariel, Cor Serpentis. GAH <3

Really, I should snag the few I don't have yet from cluster 1 before starting on cluster 2.

I think my new goal is to collect them all in sample size (the tubes are so freakin' cute), and then after I'm done with that, I'll get the full sizes of my must-haves.

Ooh, that reminds me, the upcoming release schedule per the DMM blog!

February 

• Cluster 3 - The Zodiac Collection 
  • Valentine's Day Limited Edition 
  • New Product - Primer 

March

• Cluster 4 - The Women of Science Collection 
  • Birthday Limited Edition  

April

• Cluster 5 - The Solar Sailors Collection 

May 

• Super Secret - May 4th - May be moved up.

Just noticed:

Star Wars theme?????
I do believe so!  I'm hoping for an April release so we can have them in-hand to put on our eyelids for The Day.  It always bothers me when things are released so close to [insert day of significance here] that they arrive after the fact.  Exception:  Horror movies released on Halloween.  Because then you're making plans to go see them *on that day*, and it's a whole Event.

On the DMM blog there're teaser previews of the Zodiac and while we don't have a peek of Valentine's Day, we do have a teaser ad / logo? 'Zoom, Zoom, Zoom. Make my heart go Boom, Boom.'

And now I have to go rewatch "Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century." I wonder if my husband would watch it with me...  :rolleyes:

On the DMM blog there're teaser previews of the Zodiac and while we don't have a peek of Valentine's Day, we do have a teaser ad / logo? 'Zoom, Zoom, Zoom. Make my heart go Boom, Boom.'

And now I have to go rewatch "Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century." I wonder if my husband would watch it with me...  :rolleyes:
Want a shadow called Zetus Lupetus!

Betelgeuse + Ursa Minor = THE PERFECT eye shadow combination. I've been staring at my eyes all day. I could definitely see myself ordering a full size of these.

Also, since I haven't invested in a primer yet, I applied the eye shadows wet. They went on beautifully and the creasing was minimal.

If you scroll all the way up to the top of this page, you might get a hint hint at what the Valentine's Day color will look like.

Back