• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dermstore Mystery Black Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I ordered, it read that the luxury bag has 5 items, the makeup has 4 items & the skin/hair has 4. I will definitely post pics.

Originally Posted by Linabunnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want the bags too, soo bad!!! lol I just tried every coupon code listed on Retailmenot.com All im finding is this...COMPLETE 2 OR MORE PRODUCT SURVEYS & RECEIVE A $25 GIFT CARD! but is this legit, do you know?​
 hmmm i know it is if you have a sub to beautyfix because i took advantage of it last night, but i cant attest to doing that on dermstore.com

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I ordered, it read that the luxury bag has 5 items, the makeup has 4 items & the skin/hair has 4. I will definitely post pics.
oh, haha we're totally wrong then cause luxury has 4 pictures and skin/hair has like 6, lol.

Any ideas on what the second item is? It looks to be the same item as what is in the luxury bag. maybe one of these?

http://www.blush.com/product_Raw+Natural+Minerals+Active+Veil+SPF+18_13651.htm maybe? im thinking its a raw minerals item. im just not sure what.

Also, what about the 4th item I was initially thinking it would be one of the stila set and ____ powders , but it looks more like a full sized tarte blush. If it is a tarte blush, I hope its in adored or buff because i ordered the other two(frisky and glisten) last night... and it might be buff because buff is not available to ship for a week or two...?

http://www.blush.com/product_Set+and+Correct+Baked+Powder+Trio_38852.htm

So my predictions for the makeup bag is: 1.) Skindinavia Setting spray @ $29, 2.) raw minerals item, 3.) Redpoint kabuki @ $26 and 4.) Tarte blush @ $25

Ok, I just caved... Geez u ladies are such a bad influence on me lol. I did the 2 reviews & got all 3 bags for $37.73 Woohooo sooo excited!! 
yay.gif

Aw dang it! I never used my Beautyfix code but didn't realize it expired. Does anyone know if it did? I don't see it. Either way, I think I might snatch at least one.

ETA: Never mind! Seems like just clicking through one of my items triggered the gift code to pop up. o_o Seems like I will be doing some shopping.

What reviews are there? Lol, I love how everyone's guessing as to what the items are!
If u login to beautyfix & review 2 products they give u a $25 code for dermstore.

Eh, I never signed up for beauty fix..I need to get off this thread, I'm not gonna buy any of them lol. I want to, but don't need to.

Eh, I never signed up for beauty fix..I need to get off this thread, I'm not gonna buy any of them lol. I want to, but don't need to.
I didnt either but was going to a while back. Only reason I have an Acct in the 1st place.

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any ideas on what the second item is? It looks to be the same item as what is in the luxury bag. maybe one of these?

http://www.blush.com/product_Raw+Natural+Minerals+Active+Veil+SPF+18_13651.htm maybe? im thinking its a raw minerals item. im just not sure what.

Also, what about the 4th item I was initially thinking it would be one of the stila set and ____ powders , but it looks more like a full sized tarte blush. If it is a tarte blush, I hope its in adored or buff because i ordered the other two(frisky and glisten) last night... and it might be buff because buff is not available to ship for a week or two...?

http://www.blush.com/product_Set+and+Correct+Baked+Powder+Trio_38852.htm

So my predictions for the makeup bag is: 1.) Skindinavia Setting spray @ $29, 2.) raw minerals item, 3.) Redpoint kabuki @ $26 and 4.) Tarte blush @ $25
According to Souly, the number of items in each bag do not match the pictures so the pictures probably do not represent the actual products inside.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

According to Souly, the number of items in each bag do not match the pictures so the pictures probably do not represent the actual products inside.

this is what i got when i added it to my cart. maybe everyone is getting something different, or a glitch? This is what i got when i pulled it up. my assumption is that its the 4 items plus the BF makeup bag.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I keep looking at this thread, and I'm in the same boat as you. I need to cut it out haha!

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

this is what i got when i added it to my cart. maybe everyone is getting something different, or a glitch? This is what i got when i pulled it up. my assumption is that its the 4 items plus the BF makeup bag.

I was thinking the same thing, that they're counting the bag as an item, and if it is the Kronos set they might be counting that as one item. 

The makeup bag looks like the skindinavia spray, two brushes and one of those global beauty eye shadows they have in the beautyfix items.  The hair/skin looks like the Kronos set, purlisse, and the 3m cream.  The Luxury looks like the 3lab cleanser, cures eye cream a brush and I can't tell on the last item.  I really hope that pictures aren't indicative of the mystery bag.   I did call and ask when I ordered if the bags were all the same of if they're different and they said they couldn't tell me because it was a mystery. 

Oh my! This is terrible!!! I just started a project 10 pan to get rid of some things. The prices are so great though!

Thank you all for your comments! It jogged my memory. Short version: I'm getting over $500 retail value for about $13. Long version: I do have a BeautyFix account, so I completed surveys about two products I received from them in the past and received my $25 off $50 coupon code for Dermstore. I ordered all 3 mystery bags and my total with tax (I'm in CA) was $37.38. Dermstore is having another special right now where if you spend $25 or more, you get a free magazine subscription. If you spend $50 or more, you get two free magazine subscriptions. But, much like the free Allure subscription through Sample Society, you can mail in a form with a copy of your receipt from Dermstore and get refunded for the value of the magazine! So I added a Burt's Bees Scrub to get my total over $50 so as to qualify for the second magazine subscription. My total is now $53.12 and I will get a $20 refund for each magazine subscription when I mail in the form. (when you are in the shopping cart screen, click above the list of your items where there is a pic of the two magazines and it says Special Offer; it will take you to the form) :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you all for your comments! It jogged my memory.

Short version: I'm getting over $500 retail value for about $13.

Long version: I do have a BeautyFix account, so I completed surveys about two products I received from them in the past and received my $25 off $50 coupon code for Dermstore. I ordered all 3 mystery bags and my total with tax (I'm in CA) was $37.38. Dermstore is having another special right now where if you spend $25 or more, you get a free magazine subscription. If you spend $50 or more, you get two free magazine subscriptions. But, much like the free Allure subscription through Sample Society, you can mail in a form with a copy of your receipt from Dermstore and get refunded for the value of the magazine! So I added a Burt's Bees Scrub to get my total over $50 so as to qualify for the second magazine subscription. My total is now $53.12 and I will get a $20 refund for each magazine subscription when I mail in the form. (when you are in the shopping cart screen, click above the list of your items where there is a pic of the two magazines and it says Special Offer; it will take you to the form)

biggrin.gif
I had the magazine offer on an order that I placed on April 27.  I printed my receipt & refund form and put them in the mail the next day.  I was pretty upset when I received a Better Homes and Gardens magazine Thursday.  I looked up my "account info" from the address label on the magazine and entered it on the BH&G website and contacted them to let them know that I had sent in the form for the $20 rebate and that I never wanted the magazine in the first place and asked if they would honor my request.  They emailed back saying that they cancelled my subscription and that I would need to call Subco about getting a refund/now possibly a partial refund.  She also asked if enough time had passed for the form to get to them.  I think it's been plenty of time!  I'm very aggravated and I feel like they never intended to refund the $20 in the first place.  I don't mean to seem unappreciative, but I don't read that magazine or really any magazines (I love reading books, though).  If they continued to send them, I would just throw them away and consider it a waste of trees.

Back