Disappointed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of off topic but... Ok, i have a question for all of you ladies since you obviously all own UD Palettes. I bought the Black Palette a while back & every color i used wet got hard & crusted over where i touched it with my brush. Even after using a while later dry i only got shadow off of the parts that weren't crusted over. Short of scraping it with something & losing a bunch of product, i have no idea what to do. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

It happens to non-baked products. The only thing you can do is scrape off and keep the scrapings. You can then add eye drops to it to make a drier paste and apply that like normal shadow. It'll take some practice though. In the future you can "shave" off a bit of a shadow you want to work with instead of applying a wet brush to it.

Thanks! You know what's weird though is this is the only palette that i've ever had this problem with. I have cheap BH Cosmetic palettes & tons of other shadows that i've used wet & that never happened. I was really aggravated about it considering the palette was $36. I guess i'll make sure not to do it with my Naked Palette. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm gonna have to recheck my palette. I bought the Naked2 right when I got the email, without even knowing there was a new one to be released (I had been ignoring UD since I owned most of their palettes). I didn't even realize all the speculation around this palette til after I bought it. That's how much I love UD. Their palettes have always been exceptionally well done with very minor errors. For the priced paid for them, none of this should even be an issue. A dud eyeshadow out of 16, oh well, I can deal with that (Midnight Cowboy Rides Again anyone lol) but falling apart?!?! That's unacceptable.

The other day when I went to Sephora, they replaced the BOS4 display back with the BOS3 so I was pretty much like, wtheck? & then I just noticed on Sephora's website they brought the BOS3 back, which is $54, the price it's been for the past year and 4 months. I definitely love the BOS3 more, but my favorite will always remain the BOS2.
Sephora seems to be doing a lot of that lately. I recently hauled old MUFE rock forever stuff from the 2010 holiday.

Originally Posted by ciaobella9821 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are right.  After reading this thread, I did decide to email them, about the issue only.  I really do not want them to think they need to send me a new one because after already sending me a new Naked2 palette, I would feel soooo bad because they have been amazing.  This is what I wrote:

"Hello.  I just wanted to let you know, the Missionary shadow in my Book of Shadows I recently got also popped out of the palette.  I do not expect a replacement for this one, as I was planning on de-potting them anyway, I just thought it would be good to let you know that it seems like maybe the glue or storage or something could be worked on so that these shadows stop falling out of their palettes.  I know a few other people who have had it happen as well.  I am not complaining, nor do I expect a replacement because again, I was already planning on taking them out.  All I want is to let you know so that maybe it can be something your team can look into =) 

P.S.  I received my replacement Naked2 palette quickly and greatly appreciate your help."

Did that sound appropriate?
Sounded fine to me. One thing is for sure, they need better QA.

I've always never liked the way UD packages their palettes. I remember I would always complain to my friends that they were doing something wrong. 

The material you could just feel it wasn't stable enough, for me at least I have noticed. After I said those statements to my friends, low and behold they had 

the same problems with the shadows coming out of the palette. I highly commend you for telling UD about this issue because it's something they need to work on. 

The BOS4 arrived. I don't need 2 of them, so I am giving away the second on my blog. I sure hope QC steps up with them. I have heard rumors about an all matte palette, but replacement or not I am tired of garbage packaging and might just skip it.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The BOS4 arrived. I don't need 2 of them, so I am giving away the second on my blog. I sure hope QC steps up with them. I have heard rumors about an all matte palette, but replacement or not I am tired of garbage packaging and might just skip it.

An all matte palette would be nice. I'm tired of so much shimmer.

I emailed UD a week ago...still haven't gotten a response :L

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From their site: "We will do our best to reply to your inquiry within 24 hours, excluding weekends and holidays."

If it's been a week, I'd try to follow up with them stating that you are still waiting for a response, and asking if you can get any sort of update on your situation.

Back